SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020
They say that if you do not stay at home and think that much your life would be better.
I have some money that help me pay my rent, bills, car, food and buy other stuff. They tell me that if I would go to work I would not have time to think what problems I have and how inferior I am to other alphas.
What kind of argument is that? They are telling me, "go and do some mindless work in order to not think what is your position in life compared with other people, like us. We manage to pass the day by doing some useless job, why can't you do it too??"
What kind of argument is that when you're aware that other people have betterl ife opportunities in love and work.
And then they say: that's life.
No mate, that's not life, that's your life. Other people have it easier, have it better.
And then they say: just accept it.
No I don't want to accept it. What kind of argument is that? To be satisfied being inferior to others.
Don't think too much, just find a job and all your problems will be solved.
I worked before, is not that your problems will be solved. Is that you would be too busy and too tired to recognise how low quality your life is.

Do any of you relate to some of this?

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, it's_all_a_game, TheSoundofTime and 10 others
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
'Get a job and you wont have time to think about this shit' is what I hear all the time,
Umm, no Karen. Ive been like this since elementary school.
People have completely no idea that its not just situational sadness and nothing I will do will make it go away, but whatever.

Reactions: disabledandhopeless, foxdie, Lost in a Dream and 7 others
waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
That's not really that good of an argument depending on what kind of job you have.

I've had jobs where the tasks I learned to do could be done with little thought after practicing them for only a little bit, so I spent a lot of time thinking about random stuff to pass the time. However I've also programmed before and programming really does force you to focus your thought on the task.

Reactions: SipSop
marconk

marconk

Aug 31, 2019
They say that if you do not stay at home and think that much your life would be better.
I used to get that a lot from my friends/therapists because they don't seem to understand that being among other people is precisely what triggers my feelings of inadequacy, loneliness and alienation, and/or they think that these feelings are something I should "work on". I somehow used to believe it for a while but now I have come to the conclusion that being exposed to society and other people is simply harmful for my mental health and I think that isolating yourself sometimes is the lesser evil even in the long term.

• Wow
Reactions: BitterlyAlive and SipSop
SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020
I used to get that a lot from my friends/therapists because they don't seem to understand that being among other people is precisely what triggers my feelings of inadequacy, loneliness and alienation, and/or they think that these feelings are something I should "work on". I somehow used to believe it for a while but now I have come to the conclusion that being exposed to society and other people is simply harmful for my mental health and I think that isolating yourself sometimes is the lesser evil even in the long term.
I can relate to this in this way:
I see it, I feel it, I observe that if I am to express my self to others I would bring only negative emotions, negative vibes, and I will ruin their moods. Wich I do not like to do. That is because my childhood enviornment was plagued by mocking, cosntant terror, fear of beatings from my father, I remember being affraid to think about him because not only that he was abusive emotionally but he didn't cared ablut privacy oe boundaries and things like self-esteem are a stupid concept for him. He never stoped talking. He is not self-aware and even if everybody in family hated him he ruled us like cattles with a iron fist. No guidance, no warmth, no peace.
And when I left home I did it when he broke the door of my grandparents house and I run off the window. Put all my things in the car and droove off after he charmed the cops into making me the bad guy. Even if he smelled of alcohol. Is just part of the story.
Anyway, everything that he put in me in terms of emotions was negative. And everything that I had to give to others was negative. So rather than complain I would keep it inside and don't speak at all. Guess this is the life of poor, dysfunctional families.

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: 262653 and foxdie
not4us

not4us

Experienced
Sep 21, 2019
If you are forced to think about tasks at your interesting and fulfilling job 8 hours a day it means that during that time you are not wallowing in your destructive thoughts, so they are right to an extent.

But then, if you are in 80% of people who hate their job (my estimation), or you are doing a job that is perfectly tedious and boring (my case) for you to do exactly the destructive thinking, it doesn't eventuate it gaining any alleviation of your depression (perhaps the other way round).

I personally find myself in better mood when I can engross myself in reading a book or watching a movie, or doing my hobby rather than doing my menial job where I am just miserable.

Reactions: Jojo81, foxdie, Lost in a Dream and 3 others
SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020
If you are forced to think about tasks at your interesting and fulfilling job 8 hours a day it means that during that time you are not wallowing in your destructive thoughts, so they are right to an extent.

But then, if you are in 80% of people who hate their job (my estimation), or you are doing a job that is perfectly tedious and boring (my case) for you to do exactly the destructive thinking, it doesn't eventuate it gaining any alleviation of your depression (perhaps the other way round).

I personally find myself in better mood when I can engross myself in reading a book or watching a movie, or doing my hobby rather than doing my menial job where I am just miserable.
Thank you for your input.
It is really refreshing to have a different point of view.

Reactions: Jojo81 and not4us
airboy_a380

airboy_a380

Can´t wait to find Neverland!
Aug 12, 2020
I can relate to this, I used to put on a happy face mask for 8 hours at work, when I left work that mask would drop and in between the train commuters and all that shit I felt like the saddest person in the world. And the next day repeat it all over again. Then 2 years ago I just couldn't do it anymore. Everyone at work realised I wasn't doing well, I lost 30kg and was a miserable soul. Now I'm still out of work, and the thought of doing it gives me the worst panic attacks ever.

• Hugs
Reactions: Odd_Duck, Lastsauce, foxdie and 2 others
SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020
I can relate to this, I used to put on a happy face mask for 8 hours at work, when I left work that mask would drop and in between the train commuters and all that shit I felt like the saddest person in the world. And the next day repeat it all over again. Then 2 years ago I just couldn't do it anymore. Everyone at work realised I wasn't doing well, I lost 30kg and was a miserable soul. Now I'm still out of work, and the thought of doing it gives me the worst panic attacks ever.
My experience with the mask of happy face is that I was getting by without being asked too many questions how I felt but inside I felt like a observer. Looking through the window of my eyes, trying to not think about how it felt. Downward spiraling into more misery. Wanting to change something but I felt that I was lacking something, some knowledge, experience, I was lacking some emotions that others seemed to have. Not having the strenght to change the situation and be a moody bitch publicly like the popular people.
I also have panic attacks wich I feel like a sense of overwhelming anxiety. Wich in me manifests like body tremors and high alertness when I see a person I failed to be with.
About losing, weight, it feels that they drained all the life out of you. No motivation to try anymore perhaps because it feels you played a rigged game wich you cannot win and others can win so easily wich frustrates you to the moon and back. Been there, still am.
Do you escape this feelings too with different means? Like, to get comfort in the thought of dying, or watching tv series, youtube videos or listening music?

• Hugs
Reactions: 262653 and foxdie
Doormat

Doormat

Life is never so bad that it can't get any worse
May 22, 2020
I have some money that help me pay my rent, bills, car, food and buy other stuff. They tell me that if I would go to work I would not have time to think what problems I have and how inferior I am to other alphas.
What kind of argument is that? They are telling me, "go and do some mindless work in order to not think what is your position in life compared with other people, like us. We manage to pass the day by doing some useless job, why can't you do it too??"
What kind of argument is that when you're aware that other people have betterl ife opportunities in love and work.
No mate, that's not life, that's your life. Other people have it easier, have it better.
No I don't want to accept it. What kind of argument is that? To be satisfied being inferior to others.
I worked before, is not that your problems will be solved. Is that you would be too busy and too tired to recognise how low quality your life is.

I do relate. I had a job in healthcare which some would tell me was "vital" and "rewarding" and they were right. I also know that running around like a blue-arsed fly only subdued the thoughts to an insistent tapping at the back of my head. They would then explode for whatever reason and I would have to hide in the toilet until the feelings had passed. So humiliating. I quit just before lockdown and have found that not having to deal with people has helped me to decompress to a certain extent. The thoughts are still there but, on the whole, it is easier to deal with them because I don't have the pressure of looking after others concurrently.
I really don't know if there is a resolution but if there's one thing I learned from CBT it's that you can't change others; just your reaction to them.
TL:DR get help ignoring the naysayers. If you are in a position where you are able to feed and house yourself it takes some of the pressure off. Don't spend all your savings just existing. There will be others on here who can offer better advice on how to improve your outlook than me. Good luck :hug:

Reactions: foxdie, Deleted member 4993 and SipSop
airboy_a380

airboy_a380

Can´t wait to find Neverland!
Aug 12, 2020
My experience with the mask of happy face is that I was getting by without being asked too many questions how I felt but inside I felt like a observer. Looking through the window of my eyes, trying to not think about how it felt. Downward spiraling into more misery. Wanting to change something but I felt that I was lacking something, some knowledge, experience, I was lacking some emotions that others seemed to have. Not having the strenght to change the situation and be a moody bitch publicly like the popular people.
I also have panic attacks wich I feel like a sense of overwhelming anxiety. Wich in me manifests like body tremors and high alertness when I see a person I failed to be with.
About losing, weight, it feels that they drained all the life out of you. No motivation to try anymore perhaps because it feels you played a rigged game wich you cannot win and others can win so easily wich frustrates you to the moon and back. Been there, still am.
Do you escape this feelings too with different means? Like, to get comfort in the thought of dying, or watching tv series, youtube videos or listening music?
I have little interest in tv, music which were the things I loved the most. I lost interest at all, to unwind I take some pills sometimes. Tried many times to enD it all but still here. Yeah that job was sucking the life out of me, I looked I'll. and because I was a manager all eyes were on me. I have no motivation anymore to work my ass off for shit pay and taxes. I force myself to watch some Netflix but end up starring at the ceiling for most of the time. Days are hell, I feel more relaxed at night time. Hope you find the courage to go on. Personally im lost right now, seeing the time goes by, getting older. constantly looking for sn to end it all. The happy mask doesn't fit anymore.

Reactions: foxdie
SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020
I do relate. I had a job in healthcare which some would tell me was "vital" and "rewarding" and they were right. I also know that running around like a blue-arsed fly only subdued the thoughts to an insistent tapping at the back of my head. They would then explode for whatever reason and I would have to hide in the toilet until the feelings had passed. So humiliating. I quit just before lockdown and have found that not having to deal with people has helped me to decompress to a certain extent. The thoughts are still there but, on the whole, it is easier to deal with them because I don't have the pressure of looking after others concurrently.
I really don't know if there is a resolution but if there's one thing I learned from CBT it's that you can't change others; just your reaction to them.
TL:DR get help ignoring the naysayers. If you are in a position where you are able to feed and house yourself it takes some of the pressure off. Don't spend all your savings just existing. There will be others on here who can offer better advice on how to improve your outlook than me. Good luck :hug:
Nah, what you said about the fact that you can't change others made me think. I did heard this before but is like I don't want to accept this fact. What you said is fine.
I appreciate the comment.

Reactions: Doormat
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I saw a cartoon in a Russian newspaper from the 1970s with a woman saying "I'm glad I have problems - they keep my mind off my worries." It was true enough in that context to be funny(-ish).

Reactions: crybaby, SipSop, Wisdom3_1-9 and 1 other person
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
They tell me that if I would go to work I would not have time to think what problems I have and how inferior I am to other alphas.

'Get a job and you wont have time to think about this shit' is what I hear all the time,
When I was out of work and lying in my bed for three months straight they used to tell me that too. I've been back to work for seven months now and I'm still not better. I may be fine at work, but I'm worse when I get home. They still say it one form or another. "Go our and get some fresh air and exercise." "Go do something or visit some people."

For most people, this is what works. The mundanity of employment and social obligations occupies them enough so they don't feel the painfulness of life. They can't comprehend how people like us can continue to feel down. They know no other solution than to busy themselves and keep their minds from lingering on negative thoughts.

• Wow
Reactions: foxdie and SipSop
SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020
When I was out of work and lying in my bed for three months straight they used to tell me that too. I've been back to work for seven months now and I'm still not better. I may be fine at work, but I'm worse when I get home. They still say it one form or another. "Go our and get some fresh air and exercise." "Go do something or visit some people."

For most people, this is what works. The mundanity of employment and social obligations occupies them enough so they don't feel the painfulness of life. They can't comprehend how people like us can continue to feel down. They know no other solution than to busy themselves and keep their minds from lingering on negative thoughts.
Yeah, I feel like I've got used to it because if I try to get up there is nothing for me out there that would make me feel good. Is like a hamster wheel in wich I try to maintain a mediocre position. And if it is something for me out there, I feel is out of my reach. Like they say:"you will find somebody, not me, but somebody". What kind of argument is that? They just tell you that you're not good enough in a nice way. Is like they dodge a bullet. Or make up things and they think it will happen like magic. But the world doesn't go like that, you have enough value or you don't.
My friends the world is about getting what you want. Is like a dirty secret wich those with power deny it to their competition. They enjoy the spoils of life without thinking at people like us. Perhaps we would do the same, but we are not. I feel I was dealt a bad hand in life and is frustrating how others got a better one and tell you to just be confident about it. But confidence comes from the advantages you already have. You are born lucky therefore you have confidence to gain and build more on the basis it was given to you.
I wish I was like them. To just accept my lot in life and get over things, but I feel that I would lie to myself if I do so.
I saw a cartoon in a Russian newspaper from the 1970s with a woman saying "I'm glad I have problems - they keep my mind off my worries." It was true enough in that context to be funny(-ish).
This reminds me of a quote of Jake the dog: "to live life you need problems."

Reactions: Superdeterminist, 262653 and foxdie
Tabbyql

Tabbyql

Chronic people pleaser
Mar 13, 2019
People have completely no idea that its not just situational sadness and nothing I will do will make it go away, but whatever.
Omg I've been told that by bf millions of times and he discussed it wiv police officers trying to find me when I went missing and they agreed with him. And his family all The time send job vacancies for me. I'm sorry people get it so wrong.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Everyone loves to pick the first personal flaw they see in you and tell you to fix that to stop being suicidal.

Honestly one of the most frustrating things about trying to get help is how much people miss the point. When I told my parents I had not motivation to do anything because I was depressed, they just started lecturing me about how I need to organize my time better to study in college. That misses the point entirely. It's not just this part of my life, it's every hobby and task I've had for years that's suffering.

I think this is another big part of why people get frustrated with us; they oversimplify our problems, making them about a few specific circumstances or tasks and missing the larger mental problems that we're dealing with.

Reactions: disabledandhopeless, Superdeterminist, foxdie and 2 others
J

jameslb72

Jul 22, 2020
I can relate to this in this way:
I see it, I feel it, I observe that if I am to express my self to others I would bring only negative emotions, negative vibes, and I will ruin their moods. Wich I do not like to do. That is because my childhood enviornment was plagued by mocking, cosntant terror, fear of beatings from my father, I remember being affraid to think about him because not only that he was abusive emotionally but he didn't cared ablut privacy oe boundaries and things like self-esteem are a stupid concept for him. He never stoped talking. He is not self-aware and even if everybody in family hated him he ruled us like cattles with a iron fist. No guidance, no warmth, no peace.
And when I left home I did it when he broke the door of my grandparents house and I run off the window. Put all my things in the car and droove off after he charmed the cops into making me the bad guy. Even if he smelled of alcohol. Is just part of the story.
Anyway, everything that he put in me in terms of emotions was negative. And everything that I had to give to others was negative. So rather than complain I would keep it inside and don't speak at all. Guess this is the life of poor, dysfunctional families.
It sounds like you had a malignant narcissist for a father, i think many of us who are in the position we are ini now suffered abuse at the hands of soemeone with this type of personality.

• Wow
SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020
It sounds like you had a malignant narcissist for a father, i think many of us who are in the position we are ini now suffered abuse at the hands of soemeone with this type of personality.
You researched the issue too??? I went though countless videos and articles about emotional abuse, dysfunctional families and personality disorders.
This happened to me after I fell in love with a girl wich is a covert narcissist. Is like I tried to get the validation and approval from this girl wich I didn't get from my father.
What is your experience?

J

jameslb72

Jul 22, 2020
You researched the issue too??? I went though countless videos and articles about emotional abuse, dysfunctional families and personality disorders.
This happened to me after I fell in love with a girl wich is a covert narcissist. Is like I tried to get the validation and approval from this girl wich I didn't get from my father.
What is your experience?
selfish self centred but not evil mother marrying a covert pathological narcissist when i was 12. Maniupualation, gaslighting, triangulation, total character assassionation of me at the age of 13 on no valid grounds. My mother always defended him and gaslighted me for years telling me it was just me being petulant.- the result- years of illness, good education never had a job almost 50 trapped in a finincial dependancy on my mother and said husband. I refer to her now by her first name as i divorced myself from her mentallly 12 years ago. I tried my best to undo his brainwashing, unfortunatley her ego cant cope with the cognitive dissonance. It took five years for her to admit that a grown man threatening to disfigure and hospitalize a 13 yr old child was wrong. Even then the blame always comes back to me. I started reading about narcissism and psychopathy by accident back in 2008 and that is when i Understood. However, the crux of the matter is what makes my mother such a perfect match for this man. JPsears on youtube has good material on this. He doenst question why someone has narcissist personlity disorder, he concentrates on why their partners/ victims are often a perfect match for them Seeking approval in life is the worst road to go down.

• Wow
FohPah

FohPah

Student
Dec 7, 2019
There's no point in working to live and living to work.

Reactions: Superdeterminist and SipSop
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
My mom literally answered with "that's life" so many damn times, it makes me sigh and not event want to share anything with her anymore. If that's life then I don't wanna be here for "this life"

Reactions: Superdeterminist and Lost in a Dream
SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020
There's no point in working to live and living to work.
Yeah.
I guess the trick is to work for something that you believe in, you can respect. And on the side to enjoy the company of others and to womanise.
As a man it feels right this way: have career goals, get women, be respected in your community.

I don't have that. I cannot have it how others have it. But I imagine that is the good life.
My mom literally answered with "that's life" so many damn times, it makes me sigh and not event want to share anything with her anymore. If that's life then I don't wanna be here for "this life"
The "that's life" I guess makes some feel n control and superior about life.
But I see it different: "that's life" feels more like a defeated attitude toward it.
Namely, wa want more from our lifes, because we do not have our natural needs and ambitions satisfied and for whatever we cannot do it. But we still have hope in us and look for answers on how to get what we want. We look for answers only to be answered with a "that's life". A sign of acceptance of status quo, like they tell you that you cannot change things to be how you want them to be, a sign of a defeated person. Thing that we cannot accept yet. Because we still have some hope for our lifes. We still want better. Why does others get to have what we want, and we don't?!
We still desire.
That's why we cannot accept "that's life" as a answer.

Last edited:
Hewburt

Hewburt

Jul 27, 2020
This post got me thinking because this is kind of what happened to me when I was younger. So I focused on college, got a good job doing what used to be a hobby, make lots of money, and have a wife and kids now. I'm still not happy and it's even worse now that I know none of this stuff matters. Happiness is different for everyone and you shouldn't expect that what makes other people happy will make you happy, like I did. Life is crazy, I don't know...

• Wow
SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020
This post got me thinking because this is kind of what happened to me when I was younger. So I focused on college, got a good job doing what used to be a hobby, make lots of money, and have a wife and kids now. I'm still not happy and it's even worse now that I know none of this stuff matters. Happiness is different for everyone and you shouldn't expect that what makes other people happy will make you happy, like I did. Life is crazy, I don't know...
Wow, thank for telling me. I wish I had a wife and a family with a good job.
At least you experience it and know first hand how it feels, how it is.
It's tricky because we have to figure out ourselves what makes us happy. At least if somebody told us this thing and to be self-aware enough to take it in consideration perhaps our lifes would look different.

Hewburt

Hewburt

Jul 27, 2020
I wanted to add to my last post because it seemed hopeless but don't really know how to say what I'm thinking. I know a guy who is in his thirties and lives in a one room house (bedroom, living room and kitchen are the same room) with a bathroom. He works and has a few friends he hangs out with. Lives with his girlfriend in there too. Happiest person I know. He wouldn't be happy in my life and I wouldn't be happy in his. The thing with this post that still has me thinking is that maybe we should just "throw darts" all different places and see what actually does make us happy. People grow up thinking they need to follow this specific path in order to be happy and successful but that doesn't work for, I would say, most people who then end up in a meaningless cycle of boring and annoying days, don't really acknowledge their sadness and then tell people, "that's life". I also think that when you find a spot in life where you are actually happy, there's no such thing as "being inferior to other alphas" because you don't need to compare your life to other people once you realize that you might not be happy with what they have anyway
This is why I don't post often. Too long and I deleted and restarted it at least twice. My brain sucks lol

• Hugs
A_miStake_of_NATURE

A_miStake_of_NATURE

I wish no one had to CTB..........
Aug 14, 2020

If you think only men hear that kind of stuff, you're very wrong. As a female I hear it all the time. And it was my goal since childhood: get a good job to make lots of money. Somewhere along the way I failed big time. Now I have no idea, if I'd be happy or not with a high-paid job. I'm prone to say "yes", but now I'll never know))
But I kinda agree, that that's life. It's unfair and cruel. It just sucks. Often good people suffer, lots of cretins get rich. But in the end we all have a choice: if we can't reach our goals and be happy, we can't accept it, then we bow out I guess. Almost nothing in this world is fair.

SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020
I wanted to add to my last post because it seemed hopeless but don't really know how to say what I'm thinking. I know a guy who is in his thirties and lives in a one room house (bedroom, living room and kitchen are the same room) with a bathroom. He works and has a few friends he hangs out with. Lives with his girlfriend in there too. Happiest person I know. He wouldn't be happy in my life and I wouldn't be happy in his. The thing with this post that still has me thinking is that maybe we should just "throw darts" all different places and see what actually does make us happy. People grow up thinking they need to follow this specific path in order to be happy and successful but that doesn't work for, I would say, most people who then end up in a meaningless cycle of boring and annoying days, don't really acknowledge their sadness and then tell people, "that's life". I also think that when you find a spot in life where you are actually happy, there's no such thing as "being inferior to other alphas" because you don't need to compare your life to other people once you realize that you might not be happy with what they have anyway
This is why I don't post often. Too long and I deleted and restarted it at least twice. My brain sucks lol
Nah, you should post more often. To speak your mind, express yourself. And your ideas and experiences might impact somebody in a positive way, as it did to me. And if you're not interested in helping others (wich is fine) they might reply with a story, thought, that might impact you positively.
I hate it, but you're right about trying different things to see what fits my type of personality.
Yeah, happy. I have a decent quality life now but I am not happy. And I don't think the wrong people in my life could fill that hole in my chest. I'm glad for your friend, I wish I had that.
My statement about alphas is that life is easier in some aspects, and I'm not talking about women only. But respect from other men at first sight. We are judged by our covers first. Having good genes help alot, makes life easier. Is not all glamour for some reasons:
I had a friend who was no taller than me but he was well built, a very handsome face and a good character. Very nice guy. He was a server and worked in differnt countries also. Anyway. The downside is that sometimes when he entered into a bar other men would fight him. Would want to fight with him. They felt he was a threat, they felt inferior, I don't know. But he had to fight those guys if he wanted to keep his skin. And got some scars because of it.
Yeah, I felt that happiness mate.
I was like a Disney movie. I never felt that before. I've meet somebody and all the other things were of no importance to me. That feeling is amazing.
If you think only men hear that kind of stuff, you're very wrong. As a female I hear it all the time. And it was my goal since childhood: get a good job to make lots of money. Somewhere along the way I failed big time. Now I have no idea, if I'd be happy or not with a high-paid job. I'm prone to say "yes", but now I'll never know))
But I kinda agree, that that's life. It's unfair and cruel. It just sucks. Often good people suffer, lots of cretins get rich. But in the end we all have a choice: if we can't reach our goals and be happy, we can't accept it, then we bow out I guess. Almost nothing in this world is fair.
And if we choose to opt out I believe that is a rational choice based on what we experienced here. Is not some mental illness or something. It's a rational conclusion. Some have it essier than others. The question is: what do we do after we are aware of this?
Do we play more?
If we do, do we get somewhere?
Thanks guys for your input.
It brings me a little bit down to earth. Makes me think.

Last edited:
A_miStake_of_NATURE

A_miStake_of_NATURE

I wish no one had to CTB..........
Aug 14, 2020
Nah, you should post more often. To speak your mind, express yourself. And your ideas and experiences might impact somebody in a positive way, as it did to me. And if you're not interested in helping others (wich is fine) they might reply with a story, thought, that might impact you positively.
I hate it, but you're right about trying different things to see what fits my type of personality.
Yeah, happy. I have a decent quality life now but I am not happy. And I don't think the wrong people in my life could fill that hole in my chest. I'm glad for your friend, I wish I had that.
My statement about alphas is that life is easier in some aspects, and I'm not talking about women only. But respect from other men at first sight. We are judged by our covers first. Having good genes help alot, makes life easier. Is not all glamour for some reasons:
I had a friend who was no taller than me but he was well built, a very handsome face and a good character. Very nice guy. He was a server and worked in differnt countries also. Anyway. The downside is that sometimes when he entered into a bar other men would fight him. Would want to fight with him. They felt he was a threat, they felt inferior, I don't know. But he had to fight those guys if he wanted to keep his skin. And got some scars because of it.
Yeah, I felt that happiness mate.
I was like a Disney movie. I never felt that before. I've meet somebody and all the other things were of no importance to me. That feeling is amazing.

And if we choose to opt out I believe that is a rational choice based on what we experienced here. Is not some mental illness or something. It's a rational conclusion. Some have it essier than others. The question is: what do we do after we are aware of this?
Do we play more?
If we do, do we get somewhere?
I totally see it as a rational decision. Somehow others are too stubborn to agree.
Play more or not depends on a person and their circumstances. Can they "afford" financially, emotionally and mentally to play more? How much does it affect their loved ones?
What do you mean by "get somewhere"? I don't think I'm following..

SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020
I totally see it as a rational decision. Somehow others are too stubborn to agree.
Play more or not depends on a person and their circumstances. Can they "afford" financially, emotionally and mentally to play more? How much does it affect their loved ones?
What do you mean by "get somewhere"? I don't think I'm following..
I mean to reach some personal goals. To gain what you want.
I pursue this path, this ambition. Ok, I play more, but do I get somewhere? Can I reach my goal?
In order to proud of myself and satisfied as a human being.