GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
I apologize if there was a thread like this before, tell me and I'll delete this then.

How would you describe your life philosophy? Can you name 1 to 3 main principles that you hold on to when you make decisions?

• Love
Reactions: Amumu, Brick In The Wall, XYZ and 1 other person
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Existentialism originally, now just plain ol' Nihilism.

Reactions: StateOfMind, ARW3N, Brick In The Wall and 3 others
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
Life is shit so don't make it shitty for other people, so in other words I do my best to not be a bother to other people
I try to listen when people speak, the idea being people are automatically smarter than me, and then I adjust this thought process after I see how they are. If nothing else, it lets me come across as passive and plenty of people will be disarmed rather than hostile and agressive.
If I had to have a third, and this one is actual philosophy, I would follow the beliefs of epicureans.

Last edited:
Reactions: death137, Brick In The Wall, XYZ and 1 other person
almost_dead

almost_dead

Arcanist
Aug 7, 2020
gotta CTB asap :ahhha:

• Aww..
Reactions: Brick In The Wall, Deleted member 4993 and Voy
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
Existentialism originally, now just plain ol' Nihilism.
That's interesting. What made you change your approach?

If I had to have a third, and this one is actual philosophy, I would follow the beliefs of epicureans.
That's actually a very interesting philosophy! I wonder what is your idea of perfect simple life you'd like that Epicurus promoted?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Brick In The Wall and Deleted member 4993
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
That's interesting. What made you change your approach?

That's actually a very interesting philosophy! I wonder what is your idea of perfect simple life you'd like that Epicurus promoted?
To live without fear of death or god. You can call it a delusion, but I overcame my fear a long time ago when I had completely been paralyzed by it for years, replacing my fear of death into a excitement for death. You don't know how much relief such a simple realization brought me, and people who are also afraid of dying for whatever reason would be happier to accept it I believe.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall, XYZ, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
1. Never do what you are told to do, without thinking first.
2. Listen, observe, plan, then act appropriately.
3. When you do act, do it without hesitation.

I'm not sure my philosophy on life has a name as such, I tend to call it wholism.

Last edited:
Reactions: death137, Deleted member 4993, GrumpyFrog and 2 others
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
My philosophy is: Die and let live!

I want to die. I am an antinatalist and a pessimist in matters regarding my own person.

When it comes to other people I hope everyone lives happy lives and enjoys themselves to the fullest.

Reactions: Cold, death137, esse_est_percipi and 2 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I have 1 simple philosophy in life. "Don't be an asshole."

• Hugs
Reactions: esse_est_percipi, Deleted member 1465, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
I have 1 simple philosophy in life. "Don't be an asshole."

We seem to be on the same wavelength. Wanna write a philosophical treatise together?
He he he
Although I must warn that, that's all I had to say on the subject.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 1465, Deleted member 4993 and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
We seem to be on the same wavelength. Wanna write a philosophical treatise together?
He he he
Although I must warn that, that's all I had to say on the subject.
Don't feel bad, I used to get very philosophical on many different subjects. But now it's like I don't have the energy anymore so I just keep it simple :))

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 1465, Deleted member 4993 and XYZ
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
  • Love
Reactions: XYZ, Brick In The Wall, Deleted member 1465 and 1 other person
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Your philosophy sounds awesome!

A lot less simple than it seems. There are so many different ways to define being an asshole :))
This is true and sometimes I still manage to fuckup my own philosophy :))

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993
GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
Pessimism/absurdism/hedonism.

Reactions: XYZ
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Life is a contradiction and its not only philosophical but mathematical and logical fact.

Reactions: XYZ
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
Pessimism/absurdism/hedonism.
That's a lot!
I think "pessimistic hedonism" would be the closest to my own life philosophy but most people don't think pessimism and hedonism go together for some reason.

Life is a contradiction and its not only philosophical but mathematical and logical fact.
Hmm...Can you provide examples of what you mean?

Reactions: GravityUtilizer and Deleted member 4993
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Liberty & Justice. Because they make us human beings.

Reactions: GrumpyFrog
Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
One of my late realisation I can vouch for, do good around you before doing well. Both usually go hand in hand

• Hugs
mr.smileysad

mr.smileysad

Student
Aug 29, 2020
make others happy even at your own expense. dont blindly follow. expect disapointment

Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
there are no rules saying disapointment has to be a surprise
thats a bit ironic, Ive always found if I try to expect disappointment, then fate goes out of its way to screw in a way that Id never expect in a hundred years. 9 times out of 10 it always works this way.

mr.smileysad

mr.smileysad

Student
Aug 29, 2020
I've noticed that as well and have found that a general lack of self concern works great to combat that

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
@GravityUtilizer @Nessie

Really? I thought I was the only one in the world that practiced pessimism with hedonism! I had always called it "reluctant hedonism," or "spiteful hedonism" as I don't consider it my base philosophy but rather a practical adaptation to my circumstances.

To be honest, I've always loathed this hedonistic culture that we live in but I'll be damned if I'm not getting a slice of the pie. I've been long tired of getting shafted with the worst of all worlds -_- I admit though, that this way of thinking has contributed significantly to my demise.

Also, on expecting disappointment. I've always had this underlying dread or anticipation that I am going to end up disappointed and I've only rarely been not.

Last edited:
Reactions: GrumpyFrog and GravityUtilizer
catalepsy

catalepsy

Student
Sep 4, 2020
I don't aim for any unified philosophy that covers everything. That's too big and complicated for my tiny mind to fit together. I just work with what's in front of me and hope it's not an incoherent mess at the end of the day.

Reactions: TheSoulless and GrumpyFrog
yep

yep

Sep 1, 2020
1.Great people have a dark side, the worst people have a good side
2.No one deserves anything
3.Nothing matters

Reactions: CursedForDisaster and GrumpyFrog
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
eat phood and watch animae

Reactions: yep
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
1.Great people have a dark side, the worst people have a good side
2.No one deserves anything
3.Nothing matters
Wow, I absolutely agree with all three! I guess if I was to define my core 3 principles it would be something extremely similar, like
1.There are no good and bad people, it's a matter of perspective
2.No one is entitled to anything, so curb your expectations
3.Ultimately nothing matters unless you decide it does
So pretty much the same thing!

there are no rules saying disapointment has to be a surprise
Maybe I don't get what disappointment is, but as far as I understand, it's a painful feeling of getting your hopes crushed. So not having any hopes or positive expectations in the first place should kind of help you avoid this one. That's actually one benefit of being a pessimist - when everyone else is disappointed, you can be the smug nonplussed asshole muttering "I told you so" under your breath :))
When I expect one shovel of crap in my face, but life throws ten instead, I wouldn't say I exactly get disappointed, just exasperated.

I don't aim for any unified philosophy that covers everything. That's too big and complicated for my tiny mind to fit together. I just work with what's in front of me and hope it's not an incoherent mess at the end of the day.
That's smart, I guess. But somehow at the end of the day everything always ends up being an incoherent mess anyway, doesn't it?

eat phood and watch animae
Oh yeah, so vize, much deep:))
I've got to fit "eat phood" somewhere on the list of my core principles. Haven't seen a good animae in years though, most of the new ones are doing me a disappoint.

catalepsy

catalepsy

Student
Sep 4, 2020
That's smart, I guess. But somehow at the end of the day everything always ends up being an incoherent mess anyway, doesn't it?
You have no idea. Some days I feel like I'm living inside one of those tiny clown cars, only it's packed with an endless parade of mimes and not a clown in sight.