CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
These little labels are something I never really paid much attention to but I decided to take a personality test and apparently I'm an INFP male which apparently is very rare and reading all about it explains so much about my life. I now have to ask if there are other fellow INFP males and females willing to start a friendship 😜✌️

Tldr emo boy forever

UnrulyNightmare

UnrulyNightmare

Student
Jul 3, 2024
Helllooo! INFP here.

Very sensitive? ("Too sensitive") always trying to make the world a better place and feeling everyones pain?
Reading about it explains a lot right!

What clicked most for you?

• Love
Reactions: Eternal Eyes and CatLove56
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
INTP

• Love
Reactions: Rocinante and CatLove56
CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
Helllooo! INFP here.

Very sensitive? ("Too sensitive") always trying to make the world a better place and feeling everyones pain?
Reading about it explains a lot right!

What clicked most for you?
yes! it's very exhausting. my favorite right now is the "Don't belittle or patronize their emotions or principles. This will irritate them." from boo world personality test. I can't stand it when someone brushes off my feelings as ridiculous no matter how true it may be.

• Love
Reactions: UnrulyNightmare
uniqueusername4

uniqueusername4

died a long time ago
Aug 13, 2023
INFJ :/ sad exhausting life

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Eternal Eyes and CatLove56
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
Took the test couple of times in my life (the first time when I was 20 something) and currently it shows INFJ.

• Love
Reactions: CatLove56
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I am also an INFP male and I can confirm it fucking sucks especially if you are heterosexual. Women for the most part are extremely turned off by this personality type.

A few months ago my mom learned about this whole MBTI thing for the first time, bought a book from the bookstore explaining the types, and then when I told her I'm INFP she looked so disappointed in me, more than I've ever seen her be disappointed before. If you are INFP and male there is very little that can be done to make life worth living.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: UnrulyNightmare, moonoverthesea, Mirrory Me and 1 other person
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
These little labels are something I never really paid much attention to but I decided to take a personality apparently I'm an INFP male which apparently is very rare and reading all about it explains so much about my life. I now have to ask if there are other fellow INFP males and females willing to start a friendship 😜✌️

Tldr emo boy forever
MBTI is bogus. It's a test that is riddled with issues and wasn't even invented by psychologists. Just two random women. It's not based on empirical research, it lacks test-retest reliability, and it relies on the dichotomous classification of personality traits, separating them into categories instead of treating personality traits as a spectrum. Professionals don't typically use this test when looking at personality traits. They instead rely on tests, such as the the Big Five Personality Theory or the MMPI (which assesses personality traits and psychopathologies), instead.

MBTI should be treated more similarly to a BuzzFeed quiz. It's something to do for fun, not something you should take seriously.

• Hmph!
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: retention, Alexei_Kirillov and CatLove56
CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
I did send you a message but I wanted to say I can definitely see how straight guys could have this problem with women by being "friendzoned" so many times. I'm bisexual so I have the "choice" I guess but that doesn't make me feel less alone.

JohnnySack

JohnnySack

Boss of the Lupertazzi crime family.
Sep 17, 2024
ISFJ :heh:

• Love
Reactions: Rust and CatLove56
M

moonoverthesea

tired...
Aug 24, 2024
INFP as well! It's interesting how many INFP have replied xD

• Love
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Idk, for me at least this part is untrue. I seem to reliably get INFP every time.
You personally scoring the same result over and over again doesn't disproved this. You are using your own anecdotes to disprove something that has been tested before. If I were to go through war and come out perfectly fine, that wouldn't mean that experiencing war doesn't put you at risk of developing psychological problems, like PTSD.

-nobodyknows-

-nobodyknows-

Experienced
Jun 16, 2024
varies every time I take it; the most common one I get is isfp
MBTI is bogus. It's a test that is riddled with issues and wasn't even invented by psychologists. Just two random women. It's not based on empirical research, it lacks test-retest reliability, and it relies on the dichotomous classification of personality traits, separating them into categories instead of treating personality traits as a spectrum. Professionals don't typically use this test when looking at personality traits. They instead rely on tests, such as the the Big Five Personality Theory or the MMPI (which assesses personality traits and psychopathologies), instead.

MBTI should be treated more similarly to a BuzzFeed quiz. It's something to do for fun, not something you should take seriously.
Agreed. The best one I think is the PAS test; it's fun because it tells you how fucked up you are

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
You personally scoring the same result over and over again doesn't disproved this. You are using your own anecdotes to disprove something that has been tested before. If I were to go through war and come out perfectly fine, that wouldn't mean that experiencing war doesn't put you at risk of developing psychological problems, like PTSD.
Fair enough, I'll still use it for myself though even though it's debunked much like IQ tests.

Reactions: UnrulyNightmare
UnrulyNightmare

UnrulyNightmare

Student
Jul 3, 2024
yes! it's very exhausting. my favorite right now is the "Don't belittle or patronize their emotions or principles. This will irritate them." from boo world personality test. I can't stand it when someone brushes off my feelings as ridiculous no matter how true it may be.
YES!!! Yesyesyes THIS!!!
I am also an INFP male and I can confirm it fucking sucks especially if you are heterosexual. Women for the most part are extremely turned off by this personality type.

A few months ago my mom learned about this whole MBTI thing for the first time, bought a book from the bookstore explaining the types, and then when I told her I'm INFP she looked so disappointed in me, more than I've ever seen her be disappointed before. If you are INFP and male there is very little that can be done to make life worth living.
I'm sorry for her reaction. That should never have happened 🩵

What about it is a turn off?
No alterior motive, just honestly very curious. As I can't imagine it being a turn off in any way. But then again as a fellow INFP that probably makes sense 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and CatLove56
Eternal Eyes

Eternal Eyes

Student
Dec 3, 2023
Another INFP male.

I think INFPs in general though are more suspectable to mental health problems. I remember seeing questions like "do you often think about things you regret", which I do, and I'd imagine a lot of depressed people would.

Oddly enough, my first ex was also an INFP. Yet the two us are entirely different. I'm not sure how accurate it is really, it's a fun little way to categorize people (especially friends and family), but not much more than that. Interestingly, most the top INFP careers are my idea of a nightmare, and I am not creative at all. In some other tests I have came up as INTP, which I can also see.

The Johari/Nohari test is my favorite, as it polls what your friends and family perceive of your personality.

• Love
enduringwinter

enduringwinter

flower, water
Jun 20, 2024
The function stacks make zero sense to me

Davey40210

Davey40210

Even the stars make room for new stars
Sep 3, 2024

I second this. I researched this stuff some time ago and remember also that the Big Five has scientific validity and reliability whereas MBTI doesn't. But I still find it interesting to know about MBTI. And it does have some overlap, like introversion and extraversion. I tested for ENTP.

Reactions: EvisceratedJester
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023

I'm INFP (although I tested as INTJ as a kid through high school.) Can confirm at least one excellent woman is able to love that type of man, lol.

They're not? I thought I saw somewhere that they aren't actually the best measure for intelligence but as someone with a low IQ myself I don't really care to dig for the source.
No, IQ testing is very useful, just not so much on an individual basis and more for studying populations.

Same thing with MBTI, it's useful for what it is. Not "debunked," just not all-controlling and perfect.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, Dr Iron Arc and CatLove56
End_it_all

End_it_all

Can't mistakey if not awakey
Jun 29, 2019
These little labels are something I never really paid much attention to but I decided to take a personality test and apparently I'm an INFP male which apparently is very rare and reading all about it explains so much about my life. I now have to ask if there are other fellow INFP males and females willing to start a friendship 😜✌️

Tldr emo boy forever
ENFP female

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
What about it is a turn off?
No alterior motive, just honestly very curious. As I can't imagine it being a turn off in any way. But then again as a fellow INFP that probably makes sense 🤷‍♀️
Guessing some people might see it as being synonymous with being cowardly and lacking in confidence. I'm sure that doesn't apply to all INFPs but that's certainly how it manifests for many of them.

I'm INFP (although I tested as INTJ as a kid through high school.) Can confirm at least one excellent woman is able to love that type of man, lol.
Personal anecdotes don't count. 😩

Anything is possible with billions of tons of luck on your side.

Reactions: derpyderpins and CatLove56
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
Guessing some people might see it as being synonymous with being cowardly and lacking in confidence. I'm sure that doesn't apply to all INFPs but that's certainly how it manifests for many of them.

Personal anecdotes don't count. 😩

Anything is possible with billions of tons of luck on your side.
Nah I've put my life into making this relationship work and being good to her don't brush it off as luck.

Pretty sure personal anecdotes are most of what you're going to get about attraction to personality type lol.

• Informative
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
lamargue

lamargue

sleepwalker
Jun 5, 2024
intp. but i don't believe in personality to begin with, so it's purely a moniker of intrigue for me

WithTheFlow

WithTheFlow

Everything excellent is as difficult as it is rare
Sep 2, 2024
Just did a test: INTP. Now, I need to remember this because I keep forgetting.