Aug 11, 2019
Pizzaaaaaaa!

• Love
Reactions: mediocre, sammii, AlexM and 6 others
LegaliseIt!

LegaliseIt!

Elementalist
Nov 29, 2019
While I was still trying to recover, I lived in a homeless shelter for a year. I learned to appreciate all kinds of food. My ideal food is pho (Vietnamese noodle Soup)
Pizzaaaaaaa!
Also good for breakfast and lunch
I reallyyyy like having toasted cheese sandwhiches
Also good for breakfast and lunch

• Love
Reactions: mediocre, ImsooDone1N, Azzy69 and 1 other person
Edward1

Edward1

Meh!
Sep 18, 2019
Spaghetti Bolognese

Reactions: mediocre, Azzy69, DevilInHell667 and 3 others
ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
Pizza is so amazing- especially good brick oven pizza, but I usually get a chicken Marsala too and spilt it. I really like Italian- but lately depression has been suppressing my appetite, making it quite irregular. Probably the anxiety & lately some
grief too.

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Azzy69, DevilInHell667 and 1 other person
Azzy69

Azzy69

-
Aug 8, 2019
Pizza is so amazing- especially good brick oven pizza, but I usually get a chicken Marsala too and spilt it. I really like Italian- but lately depression has been suppressing my appetite, making it quite irregular. Probably the anxiety & lately some
grief too.
I hate when you are so depressed that everything is just bland

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and ImsooDone1N
Dripping

Dripping

Nov 17, 2019
Spaghetti Bolognese

NO NEVER Guys listen to an italian man:

Spaghetti is a kind of pasta, we have millions of different kinds of pasta, spaghetti is not the right choice.
Bolognese means nothing in Italy. The right name is Ragù. Ragù cames in many flavours, in Rome is with the intestine of the young sheep, in Naples is with meatball, in Bologna it is made of Carrot, tomatoes, onion, veal's beef, calf's beef. Don't be fooled and ask for the real Italian cuisine. The right sentence is SPAGHETTI CON IL RAGù ALLA BOLOGNESE. every word counts.

Reactions: EmptyMan and Azzy69
UninformedLover

UninformedLover

If you see me active on here...its gotten worse...
Nov 12, 2019
Quesadillas :)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: DevilInHell667 and Azzy69
Edward1

Edward1

Meh!
Sep 18, 2019
NO NEVER Guys listen to an italian man:

Spaghetti is a kind of pasta, we have millions of different kinds of pasta, spaghetti is not the right choice.
Bolognese means nothing in Italy. The right name is Ragù. Ragù cames in many flavours, in Rome is with the intestine of the young sheep, in Naples is with meatball, in Bologna it is made of Carrot, tomatoes, onion, veal's beef, calf's beef. Don't be fooled and ask for the real Italian cuisine. The right sentence is SPAGHETTI CON IL RAGù ALLA BOLOGNESE. every word counts.
Yeah I know that, I sometimes have it with twists or shells. Yet still I like it with spaghetti as well even though the meat doesn't hold to the pasta.

Reactions: Azzy69
ThingWithFeathers

ThingWithFeathers

Student
Sep 23, 2019
Liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti. ;-)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: protonic76, DevilInHell667, Azzy69 and 2 others
charlottewilts

charlottewilts

read Dostoyevsky
Jun 15, 2019
Cornish pasty tbh... I wish I could have some one last time

Reactions: Azzy69
Edward1

Edward1

Meh!
Sep 18, 2019
How can a simple innocent 'favourite meal' thread turn so dark so quickly? It's almost like I'm on a forum in which most discussions revolve around death.
L

• Aww..
Reactions: charlottewilts
ThingWithFeathers

ThingWithFeathers

Student
Sep 23, 2019
Here you are, Doctor Lecter.
Some people do not know why he said those 3 things. It wasn't really his favourite food. It was a sarcastic hint. He was on MAOI for his depression. MAOI usage increases tyramine level that results in high blood pressure. Hence, when taking MAOI a person should avoid these 3 things that are high in tyramine. He gave away that hint that he isn't taking his meds and he is back in the game. Pretty clever. ;-)
How can a simple innocent 'favourite meal' thread turn so dark so quickly? It's almost like I'm on a forum in which most discussions revolve around death.
L

Lol, you ARE in a forum in which almost ALL discussions revolve around death. It's the innate nature of thoughts and talks to wonder around. One may even ask why are people talking about food in a suicide forum. Lol

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: protonic76, DevilInHell667, charlottewilts and 1 other person
Dripping

Dripping

Nov 17, 2019
Some people do not know why he said those 3 things. It wasn't really his favourite food. It was a sarcastic hint. He was on MAOI for his depression. MAOI usage increases tyramine levels that results in high blood pressure. Hence, when taking MAOI a person should avoid these 3 things that are high in tyramine. He gave away that hint that he isn't taking his meds and he is back in the game. Pretty clever. ;-)

Did you realize that yourself or found on the web? if it is a concept you elaborated from the movie itself you are my new hero. How clever you are.

Reactions: protonic76 and ThingWithFeathers
ThingWithFeathers

ThingWithFeathers

Student
Sep 23, 2019
Did you realize that yourself or found on the web? if it is a concept you elaborated from the movie itself you are my new hero. How clever you are.

The entire conversation that Starling and Dr Lecter had down in the dungeon was full of subliminal messages. I learned about MAOI when I was very young. I was looking up Hawaiian island MAUI and ended up reading about MAOI. Hence, I understood what he meant when I watched the movie. How can I be a hero when I idolize viciously sinister people like Hannibal and I hijack a thread on food and make the conversation unpalatable? Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: protonic76 and Dripping
Dripping

Dripping

Nov 17, 2019
Because you did it talking strictly about food lol.
Congratulations to your clever mind, I am not even able to express myself in anything near english.

Reactions: ThingWithFeathers
ThingWithFeathers

ThingWithFeathers

Student
Sep 23, 2019
Because you did it talking strictly about food lol.
Congratulations to your clever mind, I am not even able to express myself in anything near english.
I marvel at your fluency in English, despite the fact that you are from Italy. Both Hannibal and I are green-eyed that you can easily get the best Chianti from Tuscany. :-)

Reactions: Dripping
Dripping

Dripping

Nov 17, 2019
Yep, I agree with you about that, but another subliminal message from that conversation is that chianti is not the best macth with liver, you should try a stronger wine like Barbera (Piemonte) or Amarone.
Thanks for lying about my english, I appreciate that.

ThingWithFeathers

ThingWithFeathers

Student
Sep 23, 2019
Yep, I agree with you about that, but another subliminal message from that conversation is that chianti is not the best macth with liver, you should try a stronger wine like Barbera (Piemonte) or Amarone.
Thanks for lying about my english, I appreciate that.
See, an Italian knows best about wines. I can't argue about that. And an English speaker knows best when he sees someone fluent in English. You can't argue about that. I appreciate that you called me a liar but try saying that in Italian, it will taste sweeter and may make me tipsy.

Dripping

Dripping

Nov 17, 2019
It will taste sweeter because we have many more vocabules than english has, so i can choose the most suitable one.

ThingWithFeathers

ThingWithFeathers

Student
Sep 23, 2019
It will taste sweeter because we have many more vocabules than english has, so i can choose the most suitable one.
Or as they say... Il dolce far niente.

• Love
ThingWithFeathers

ThingWithFeathers

Student
Sep 23, 2019
Well that has no sense in this contest. It means that is sweet (dolce) to rest (far niente). Sorry!
Yep, not exactly relatable but I just like that phrase which, I believe, means blissful laziness. Such a sweet word.

Dripping

Dripping

Nov 17, 2019
You got it right.

AlexM

AlexM

To find the outer edge
Oct 31, 2019
Pelmeni. Thats like ravioli with meat. In Russia we consider this our specialities, but actually that came from China.

Reactions: Azzy69 and charlottewilts