HopefulSleep

HopefulSleep

Wants to sleep
Apr 24, 2023
What is the closest I can try to taste so that I know how sn tastes?
The closest I can think of is mixing salt with water but that can have bad health effects in such high quantities afaik.

Reactions: Unknown21 and squirley
Challu

Challu

Life boat
Aug 29, 2022
Seawater, I've heard.

Reactions: squirley and Bobert_Beniro
Cryptonite

Cryptonite

In the state of shock of what happened
Apr 30, 2022
Comparable to ordinary salt.

squirley

squirley

: )
May 6, 2023
The closest I can think of is mixing salt with water but that can have bad health effects in such high quantities afaik.
There has been a few people that have said
Super salty hint of sour.
just normal table salt I don't think would be strong enough taste.
If it was like those curing more potent salts maybe.
And just swish it and gargle it in your mouth don't need to swallow. It will give you an idea.
I had to do this when I had a tooth infection.
Swallowing a little won't hurt.
I think it's like 2000 or 3000 milligrams of salt untill you'll get sick from it , not 100% sure on that.

NoLightRemains

NoLightRemains

I found my light again. Namu Amida Butsu
Sep 26, 2021
Probably the saltiest thing you will ever taste. I did a "practice" run with 5g table salt to get an idea. Even that burned my throat a little bit, and I expect SN to be much worse. I set a timer for twenty minutes then drank a lot of water after because that was the main thing on my mind. I didn't really get any notable side effects, although I imagine if I did not rehydrate I might have.

Reactions: squirley
HopefulSleep

HopefulSleep

Wants to sleep
Apr 24, 2023
Seawater, I've heard.
I remember swimming on a beach as a child and I probably got water in my mouth but I can' remember exactly how it tasted.
Comparable to ordinary salt.
So mixing normal salt with the double amount of water should be similar?
There has been a few people that have said
Super salty hint of sour.
just normal table salt I don't think would be strong enough taste.
If it was like those curing more potent salts maybe.
And just swish it and gargle it in your mouth don't need to swallow. It will give you an idea.
I had to do this when I had a tooth infection.
Swallowing a little won't hurt.
I think it's like 2000 or 3000 milligrams of salt untill you'll get sick from it , not 100% sure on that.
How much stronger than normal salt is sn?
I don't know which more potent salts you mean.
If 2g of salts is the limit before it gets unhealthy I could try mixing 1g of salt with 2ml of water but that won't be a whole sip.
Probably the saltiest thing you will ever taste. I did a "practice" run with 5g table salt to get an idea. Even that burned my throat a little bit, and I expect SN to be much worse. I set a timer for twenty minutes then drank a lot of water after because that was the main thing on my mind. I didn't really get any notable side effects, although I imagine if I did not rehydrate I might have.
I used to eat a bit of pure salt as a child, I like the taste but in combination with water and such high quantities and even saltier would be complicated.
Isn't it unhealthy to test it with 5g of salt?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Honestly, I have no idea how SN tastes, but I'd say that if peace had a flavor, it would taste just like that.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Gonnerr, Deleted member 31858, betternever2havbeen and 2 others
squirley

squirley

May 6, 2023
How much stronger than normal salt is sn?
Not sure. Unfortunately.
(taste wise)
Just saying what I've seen in other threads.
I tried to look it up as well just says because they have similar/different components
I don't know which more potent salts you mean.
Like himalayan salts or actual curing salts.
If 2g of salts is the limit before it gets unhealthy I could try mixing 1g of salt with 2ml of water but that won't be a whole sip.
I'm not sure. I guess in theory it makes sense but I think the salt might just suck up all that water and become a salty sludge ? Instead of being diluted. When I was doing the salt and warm water mouth rinse.
I had like...
1/4 cup of water with 1/2 a teaspoon roughly. And that wasn't bad just to swish around and spit out. Salty but not horrible.
And this was using fine kosher table salt.

HopefulSleep

HopefulSleep

Wants to sleep
Apr 24, 2023
Like himalayan salts or actual curing salts.
I looked up what curing salts are they are just ordinary salt mixed with sn and I don't think it is a good idea to ingest sn to test the taste.
Is himalayan salt that much saltier?
I'm not sure. I guess in theory it makes sense but I think the salt might just suck up all that water and become a salty sludge ? Instead of being diluted. When I was doing the salt and warm water mouth rinse.
I had like...
1/4 cup of water with 1/2 a teaspoon roughly. And that wasn't bad just to swish around and spit out. Salty but not horrible.
And this was using fine kosher table salt.
Then why would it work with sn?

Lysandre

Lysandre

I cannot tell yet I don't even wanna know
Nov 22, 2021
Tastes like salt, with a veeeeeeery slight sugary hint. But mainly salt. A bit less salty than sea water.

squirley

squirley

May 6, 2023
I looked up what curing salts are they are just ordinary salt mixed with sn and I don't think it is a good idea to ingest sn to test the taste.
The amount of SN in those is like...5%-15%
if you've ever had dry spicy sausages you had some it's delicious lul. Obviously they shake it off after curing.
The actual SN amount is 95%-99% and why it has the effects it does.
But either way if you don't think it's a good idea don't do it.
But would be the closest thing. I think.
For a actual taste test.
Is himalayan salt that much saltier?
You know the kind that you have to twist and grind like the salt rocks.
(Not the shakers)
Yah for my taste.
not sure if you ever had it on food before but it's like boosted salt you need very little. Great on Picanha. Just a pinch.
Then why would it work with sn?
What ? Why what wouldn't work with sn ??
Swishing it around in your mouth ???

* I was just giving you my experience with salt in water for mouth wash...
I don't know the exact amount of SN / water. That people use.
I've seen threads with "glasses of water" and some with exact ml.
I know the simple version is 1 table spoon 1 cup water.(normal salt / dissolve)
If you're saying 1g salt 2ml water. And it will work and dissolve.
I'll take your word lul try it then be like a nasty salt shot I'm assuming

Last edited:
HopefulSleep

HopefulSleep

Wants to sleep
Apr 24, 2023
The amount of SN in those is like...5%-15%
And what is the rest, just ordinary salt?
But either way if you don't think it's a good idea don't do it.
I want to die, not to feel sick and even one gram of sn could make me really sick afaik.
You know the kind that you have to twist and grind like the salt rocks.
(Not the shakers)
Yah for my taste.
not sure if you ever had it on food before but it's like boosted salt you need very little. Great on Picanha. Just a pinch.
I have seasalt and you have to grind that too.
I will buy himalayan salt and use that to compare the taste and my last meal will probably be a steak so I could use it for that too.
What ? Why what wouldn't work with sn ??
Swishing it around in your mouth ???
I mean diluting it in water, why should that work with normal salt but not sn?

squirley

squirley

May 6, 2023
And what is the rest, just ordinary salt?
Pink curing salt :
6.25% sodium nitrite, 4% sodium nitrate, and 89.75% table salt. ( searched it )
I want to die, not to feel sick and even one gram of sn could make me really sick afaik.
yah idk the exact numbers. What was it like
1g sick - 3g lethal ? Either way like a few people are saying it's just super salty taste.
You have the SN ?
I have seasalt and you have to grind that too.
Ah yah same concept. Not sure how to explain but the Himalaya salt has a different type of saltiness.
But if you have a real sea salt one it would be close in comparison. Both better than just normal table salt. I think it would be close to mimic the taste from what people are saying but still not as strong. maybe search threads to see if anyone did a taste test.
I will buy himalayan salt and use that to compare the taste and my last meal will probably be a steak so I could use it for that too.
That's one thing i havnt thought about actually.
A last meal. ( but yes it would be good.)
I mean diluting it in water, why should that work with normal salt but not sn?
like I said in my response if you're saying
1g salt 2ml water is enough to dilute it I'll take your word i have no idea.
And would probably be a super salty shot.
when I was doing the mouth was it was more dissolved then diluted.

Mayonaise

Mayonaise

Burning up in speed
Dec 8, 2023
I asked myself this questions quite a few times and thought: if the closest thing to SN's taste is salt, why shouldn't I try to drink some table salt in 50-75ml of water?
That's what I did, I took a table spoon of table salt and poured it in tap water. It wasn't exactly easy to dissolve so I might have used more than 50-75ml.
That was just a test so I didn't worry much, I took a good sip to get acquainted with the taste then gulped down the rest (2-3 gulps).
I managed to keep it down without much of a hassle, no nausea, no vomiting, just a minimal discomfort and a slight burning in the back of my throat.
No AE, just my nighly 50mg quetiapine. Drank it approx. 3 hours after dinner.
I may be naive but I'm wondering if this indicates that I may be less prone to vomiting.
Any opinion is appreciated, feel free to bash me if you think that was just plain stupid.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm wondering if this indicates that I may be less prone to vomiting.
Table salt is not recognized as a poison by your body. However your body has to manage that large amount of salt. It's not really healthy either.

Mayonaise

Mayonaise

Burning up in speed
Dec 8, 2023
Table salt is not recognized as a poison by your body. However your body has to manage that large amount of salt. It's not really healthy either.
Yes, I know it's not healthy and am not encouraging anyone in doing so, but SN is not healthy, either. Don't mean to be rude and appreciate your reply.
More interestingly, do we have the evidence that the body will recognize SN as a poison by itself, regardless of the taste?
I mean, if it had a pleasant taste would it still be rejected by our system? Wondering if there's evidence about that

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Yes, I know it's not healthy and am not encouraging anyone in doing so, but SN is not healthy, either. Don't mean to be rude and appreciate your reply.
More interestingly, do we have the evidence that the body will recognize SN as a poison by itself, regardless of the taste?
I mean, if it had a pleasant taste would it still be rejected by our system? Wondering if there's evidence about that
Once SN is ingested and starts to be absorbed into the blood is destroys the red blood cells so they cannot transport oxygen anymore. I think the body systems can recognize that very quickly and start "fighting" the poison.

Anyway there is a constant Nitrate / Nitrite metabolism naturally but the amounts are very small and therefore not harmful, our body knows exactly what Nitrite is.

willitpass

willitpass

Donā€™t try to offer me help, Iā€™ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Salt. It tastes like salt. But imagine you took 1/4 cup of water and mixed in 2 tablespoons of table salt. That is what it tastes like. Not good.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988 and Mayonaise
Mayonaise

Mayonaise

Burning up in speed
Dec 8, 2023
Anyway there is a constant Nitrate / Nitrite metabolism naturally but the amounts are very small and therefore not harmful, our body knows exactly what Nitrite is.
I won't argue as I lack the necessary knowledge. Thank you

B

baabbaabbaab

Student
Dec 12, 2023
Have you read original OP goodbye thread ? Sad, and scary

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Mayonaise

Mayonaise

Burning up in speed
Dec 8, 2023
Have you read original OP goodbye thread ? Sad, and scary
Yes, I have. Sad = yes, indeed. I didn't know him but he seemed very young. Scary = not so much to me. It wasn't that peaceful, sure, but since he didn't come back I can't help but think that he's safe and free of pain now.
Since you mentioned, I wish him well wherever he may be.

B

baabbaabbaab

Student
Dec 12, 2023
Yes, I have. Sad = yes, indeed. I didn't know him but he seemed very young. Scary = not so much to me. It wasn't that peaceful, sure, but since he didn't come back I can't help but think that he's safe and free of pain now.
Since you mentioned, I wish him well wherever he may be.
You may be right. It scares me because it's not peaceful though.

The fact he drank 2 glasses and threw both of them up and still passed is a good no ?

D

Deleted member 65988

Salt. It tastes like salt. But imagine you took 1/4 cup of water and mixed in 2 tablespoons of table salt. That is what it tastes like. Not good.
I remember reading about your sn experience a while back. Did you have any burning sensation too?

The fact he drank 2 glasses and threw both of them up and still passed is a good no ?
Well it is if we're talking about it being a successful ctb but it's still sad that he had endure that.

Mayonaise

Mayonaise

Burning up in speed
Dec 8, 2023

According to the statistics and what I've read on this forum it's still relatively peaceful.
Sorry, I don't feel like keeping talking about him. Speculating further about what may have happened makes me uncomfortable.
I wasn't here when he was so I'll just pay him respect. No offense, absolutely not your fault, it's just how I feel.

Reactions: baabbaabbaab
C

cold_severance

Student
Dec 11, 2023
i tasted both pure SN and dissolved in water and its pretty much like regular table salt as far as taste and consistency go. if you want to prepare for cbt could probably just try to drink dissolved salt for a test.

Mayonaise

Mayonaise

Burning up in speed
Dec 8, 2023
i tasted both pure SN and dissolved in water and its pretty much like regular table salt as far as taste and consistency go. if you want to prepare for cbt could probably just try to drink dissolved salt for a test.
Yeah, that's exactly what I did, thank you. However, @Praestat_Mori brought up an interesting subject about how the body recognizes poison

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
S

soleil

ā€¦
Apr 28, 2023

I did exactly this to test without an AE and almost immediately puked! If this is your planned method, I highly suggest you test with regular salt to get a feel/taste. (It's known for its laxative effects during cleanses so it's totally safe.) Absolutely gross but was easier for me to chug than sip. It's not a reliable method for me since I don't have the meds needed and I'm prone to vomiting. Plus, it's still terrifying šŸ˜“

Mayonaise

Mayonaise

Burning up in speed
Dec 8, 2023
I highly suggest you test with regular salt to get a feel/taste. (It's known for its laxative effects during cleanses so it's totally safe.)
Would only recommend if you're really anxious about the taste and think that testing beforehand can make you feel better.
In this case, I would suggest to take no more than 15/20g and please, do not make a habit of it.
As I said before, I dit it once myself, but if anyone is considering "practicing it", be aware that, depending on your health conditions, you may experience increased blood pressure, kidney strain and other unnecessary discomforts.
What I'm saying may seem stupid considering many of us want to die anyway, but people with heart conditions may find this useful.
The same applies for people struggling with severe anxiety, as this condition is likely to put additional stress to your heart