• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

RedDoor

RedDoor

Tired... just Tired
Apr 13, 2023
The idea of hell is very terrifying. It actually might be the reason for me not taking the final step

Reactions: Kit1 and davidtorez
SomewhatLoved

SomewhatLoved

Bringing out the Dead and Searching for the Living
Apr 12, 2023
I've never been religious, so I try to look at this from a scientific understanding of the world.

The law of conservation of energy states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, and only changed. As such, I believe in either non-existence or reincarnation. Which happens depends on how the "energy" of our consciousness is changed once we die. If our consciousness is simply some strange result of chemical reactions in our brain, then once we die that energy will be transformed as our body rots and it will turn into worm food or plant food or whatever. On the other hand, since consciousness is still not understood, there is the possibility that it is composed of some other "energy" which can be transferred into other living beings, hence reincarnation. Reincarnation comes with it's problems though, because it's unexplained how "soul energy" was created, and what it's made of that allows it to be transferred into another thing. I feel like to believe in reincarnation, you have to believe that life (and more specifically consciousness) is something higher than just the result of chemical reactions in the brain, which I'm not convinced of.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Definitely permanent non existence

Reactions: Kit1
davidtorez

davidtorez

Experienced
Mar 8, 2024
If you don't mind reading books, I suggest you to read this one. After having read it myself , I believe the most simplistic answer of "nothing happens after death" to be most likely .

Attachments

• 20240326_175339.jpg
    20240326_175339.jpg
    1,021.9 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Kit1
Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
Personally I think that permanent non-existence is most likely, followed by reincarnation. I don't believe in heaven or hell. This world is already both of those according to your perspective. It's hell for me and it may be heaven for others. I believe that this world is a prison planet. It's a hell that we're all trapped in, with no escape.
👆
I've chosen to start practicing Buddhism more seriously to accrue positive/skillful karma on the off chance we are reborn.

Besides, it will probably help us be compassionate towards ourselves as we suffer too. If we're wrong, we won't find out so it won't hurt regardless :)

C

cosmic-freedom

Mar 18, 2024
I like to believe that,if I die now or forty years from now,it'll be one and the same.We are all equal in death.Atleast I would have lived life and died on my own terms.If this was a just and fair World,where evil is punished severely,then yeah..I agree that hell exists.Unfortunately,evil has won over and over again and innocent people continue to suffer.Those who rebel are killed,those who don't rebel are enslaved.Those who rebel and make it out of their circumstances and situation,are very few.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that's just me
Sep 13, 2023
👆
I've chosen to start practicing Buddhism more seriously to accrue positive/skillful karma on the off chance we are reborn.

Besides, it will probably help us be compassionate towards ourselves as we suffer too. If we're wrong, we won't find out so it won't hurt regardless :)
How do you practice it more seriously? My grandma (who is kind of Buddhist) told me to 积德行善 (basically do good deeds and accumulate merit)

Last edited:
Reactions: davidtorez and Kit1
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Ghostperks_With_Boosheen-1.gif

R

Ryandrd

Mar 24, 2024
Probably as sleeping or state of none existence like before birth, but be ready for hell anyway, personally if hell is real, my friend are waiting for me.
The idea of hell is very terrifying. It actually might be the reason for me not taking the final step
Hell is cool

Reactions: sserafim
T

the old man

Student
Dec 23, 2023
I think if you believe that heaven exists then hell should also exist as everything usually has to have an opposite as in up/down, black/white, left/right, hot/cold and so on, my own personal thoughts on after death is that you return to and become part of the natural world from where all life started, you become nothing more than fertiliser for various plant life to feed off, therefore a part of you becomes that plant, should an insect feed from that plant you become part of that insect,if a bird then eats that insect you become part of that bird e.t.c e.t.c.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
After death is non-existence forever

Imo a human doesn't even continuously exist even while alive. For example every night during dreamless sleep periods you disappear.

Also the "me" I was at age 5 no longer exists. I looked different had different consciousness, different thinking different beliefs so how could I be the same person that i was at age 5, 2,10 etc?. That person no longer exists. And according to neuroplasticity the brain beliefs etc change throughout life even after childhood

Last edited:
H

hopeforafterlife

Feb 20, 2024
I hope being reborn. If not, what happened to me is unimaginably tragic. I wanted to live, but I can't. My only hope is another chance at a life after I stop this suffering. I listen to a lot of Alan Watts since November, when I knew I was dead already, a lot of people seem to believe when we die it goes into life again. I hope that's true. It is the only hope I have. I don't think the person I was will ever be again, but maybe consciousness can flow into a new being and it will feel like I am alive again. I can't explain it, I can only hope. 32,414 Palestinians have been killed, I know I won't be going alone, plenty of wreckless death of people even younger than I was.

Reactions: divinemistress36
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
👆

Be compassionate to ourselves while we suffer I like that

Reactions: losing hope
Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
How do you practice it more seriously? My grandma (who is kind of Buddhist) told me to 积德行善 (basically do good deeds and accumulate merit)
Practicing the eightfold path

Cultivating these principles through intention and meditation.

It comes and goes, but with more time, it starts to "stick".

Each of these have helped me to be kinder to myself and others. DM me if you're interested in learning more :)

Not trying to prosetylize; many secular people can benefit too and I encourage one to reject or be critical of any ideas that don't appeal or apply to them. That is all okay; the goal is only to suffer less regardless.

Your grandma is right that good merit (kamma/karma) is understood to lead to fruitful outcomes leading one step closer towards the end of suffering (nibbana/Nirvana)

• Informative