Mongoose

Mongoose

Apr 26, 2023
What is the likelihood of SN working without antiemetics?

I have two weeks until I can get some antiemetics. But I can't wait that long. I'm struggling with lying to everyone and pretending I'm fine alongside the 24/7 guilt of knowing what my Death will do to the people around me. It's breaking me.

I want it to be today. I can't do this any longer.

• Hugs
Reactions: DT2007, AllCatsAreGrey, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Fulminare

Fulminare

Read Thomas Szasz!
Feb 20, 2022
Antiemetic is a must. Going without it will only highen the probability of you failing. Trust me, you don't wanna have a failed attempt.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, losing hope, SVEN and 1 other person
Mongoose

Mongoose

Apr 26, 2023
Antiemetic is a must. Going without it will only highen the probability of you failing. Trust me, you don't wanna have a failed attempt.
Deep down I think I knew that. It's true I don't want another failed attempt. Thank you, Fulminare.

Reactions: losing hope
D

Deleted member 65988

And to think, people think it's not too much of a necessity to have because people vomit anyway.

Henryk

Henryk

Tonight I'm gonna rest my chemistry
Apr 22, 2022
well, with antiemetics there is still the possibility of you vomiting, without it it is almost certain that this will happen

Reactions: ropearoundatree
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Exactly what Fulminare posted, sorry. From reading final posts from those who have taken SN even if vomiting takes place after some minutes they are often successfull. So it does seem vital to retain the SN for as long as achievable. Fasting beforehand is also very necessary.

Reactions: Fulminare, Deleted member 65988 and losing hope
R

roguetrader

Experienced
Feb 17, 2021
I still think it'll work especially with multiple SN doses ready.

Antiemetics definitely increase your odds of success. How much exactly are your odds increased idk

Mongoose

Mongoose

Apr 26, 2023
As much as I'm struggling and breaking down. I can't fail. So, I need to stick to the regime. It's just so hard to keep going for another two weeks.

Reactions: SVEN
L

losing hope

Arcanist
Apr 27, 2022
This member did it with just SN; https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/goodbye-thread-sn.130565/

According to one of the final posts, they confirmed sadly he died in agony. But was successful.

I agree that AE is pretty much a must. Unless you are prepared to fast for much longer, have multiple doses ready & will keep downing more SN straight after vomiting! Even then it's a risk...

Last edited:
Reactions: Fulminare
D

Deleted member 65988

This member did it with just SN; https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/goodbye-thread-sn.130565/

According to one of the final posts, they confirmed sadly he died in agony. But was successful.

I agree that AE is pretty much a must. Unless you are prepared to fast for much longer, have multiple doses ready & will keep downing more SN straight after vomiting! Even then it's a risk...
I suppose as a way to try to make up for not having AEs, a longer fasting period is a good idea. There's been failure accounts going back as far as 2019 with some stating that they didn't have an AE which they felt was detrimental to failure but now the narrative shifted to you don't really need an AE since people vomit anyway but is that really a good idea to take a chance in doing it without AEs just because you think it'll be fine.

Also Mxverick didn't really explain what was meant by agony, did he get found and died hrs later at the hospital?, we never got details ironed out as to what agony even meant.

Reactions: Fulminare
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Antiemetic isn't required as SN and water is perfectly enough but it is very strongly recommended. Without antiemetics, you'll have to rely on your ability to keep the SN down and keeping it down really isn't a simple task.

Reactions: Fulminare and losing hope
D

Deleted member 65988

Antiemetic isn't required as SN and water is perfectly enough but it is very strongly recommended. Without antiemetics, you'll have to rely on your ability to keep the SN down and keeping it down really isn't a simple task.
I beg to differ but if you can get AEs then by all means get them, it's not worth the risk of not getting them when you can to make things easier. Relying on the ability to keep something down you have no idea how it'll be is just another reason to try to get AEs.

Reactions: アホペンギン
R

ropearoundatree

Experienced
Nov 9, 2023
I'd like to know how others are able to swallow a second-glass? Is it just pure commitment, and determination? While not the same, I have vomited before, and violently/repeatedly while failing o. d. And my recollection is that it was basically an uncontrollable process, with which, were I to have even had the insight, in hindsight, to go for more -- there's not a chance I'd have been either able to, or if so, keep it then down too... (yes, i do realize this is more than comparing apples, to oranges~)*

D

Deleted member 65988

I'd like to know how others are able to swallow a second-glass? Is it just pure commitment, and determination? While not the same, I have vomited before, and violently/repeatedly while failing o. d. And my recollection is that it was basically an uncontrollable process, with which, were I to have even had the insight, in hindsight, to go for more -- there's not a chance I'd have been either able to, or if so, keep it then down too... (yes, i do realize this is more than comparing apples, to oranges~)*
Can't know for sure but I think a lower dose of around 10-15g in a 2nd and 3rd glass is preferable to maybe make it easier to drink another glass. It's perhaps determination and commitment to see it through and maybe because for some, SN doesn't taste bad enough to not take another glass.

Reactions: losing hope and ropearoundatree