J

justiceleague987

Mar 10, 2021
What is the difference between the Long-drop suspension/Partial suspension?

Reactions: EmptyManForever
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Long drop involves dropping and breaking your neck with a hangman's noose, partial involves placing a part of your bodyweight (I believe around 65%) on a simple noose/slipknot (help me with the difference ppl) to squeeze the carotid arteries.

Reactions: EmptyManForever
E

EmptyManForever

My wings were cut and now I can fly no more!
Oct 3, 2020
Also to add to that , full suspension is hanging which doesn't involve breaking the neck and the feet are off the ground , the main difference between full and partial is that with full feet are off the ground , with partial feet are on the ground when hung

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
K

kukukoko

May 18, 2019
also to add with full suspension your breathing tube AND blood vessels close while with partial people aim to close blood vessels only. Both lead to death but not being able to breath is more distressing;

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
With full suspension your breathing tube AND blood vessels close while with partial people aim to close blood vessels only. Both lead to death but not being able to breath is more distressing
It's worth noting that we're talking about around 10 seconds, though. People "new to hanging" tend to get spooked by this and opt for partial, which is less lethal almost no matter how you look at it.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, Imustbefree and EmptyManForever
K

kukukoko

May 18, 2019
It's worth noting that we're talking about around 10 seconds, though. People "new to hanging" tend to get spooked by this and opt for partial, which is less lethal almost no matter how you look at it.
Sure but partial is also more accessible. If I didn't have a pull up rack on my ceiling i wouldn't know where I could tie it securely where I really would have full suspension (except of going to the forest what I wouldn't want). With partial one has usually more possibilities.

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Sure but partial is also more accessible. If I didn't have a pull up rack on my ceiling i wouldn't know where I could tie it securely where I really would have full suspension (except of going to the forest what I wouldn't want). With partial one has usually more possibilities.
Nail on the head. I went into a forest today and couldn't find a single tree for this purpose :hmph: :hmph: :hmph: :hmph: Even if you have a good branch you'll need the right height unless you bring a ladder instead of a foldable stool or chair or box or bucket.
Only found one tree that I would even trust with a partial, lmfao!
Anchor point is the real problem with full susp.