TimeHasCome6

TimeHasCome6

Feb 26, 2023
I know there is a bit of a difference I just wanted the main point narrowed down. I'm a new member and didn't want to say the ring thing on the wrong thread because I heard about d difference and I didn't know what it was. Sorry if this is kinda a stupid question, lol.

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
You shouldn't post negativity in the recovery section.
You shouldn't post toxic positivity in the suicide section.

Reactions: Jonbonesjones and une vie grotesque
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The suicide discussion section is essentially a pro choice place to discuss suicide, with pro choice meaning to respect people's decisions that they have already chosen to make. I believe that people post in the suicide discussion usually to vent or ask about a method. The recovery section is for those who wish to stay here and maybe see potential for their situation to improve and there are 2 sections for a reason. It's insensitive to force positivity onto people in the suicide discussion and push unsolicited advice onto them when they just want to vent.

If people thought that their situation would improve then they would post in the recovery section instead or they wouldn't even be on this website at all. I believe that if someone wants any kind of advice they would ask for it and I think that people come here to escape from all of the pro lifers that are everywhere in this world. People on here don't deserve to be treated like they are unable to make decisions for themselves, so if someone wishes to give advice related to continuing to stay here and post positivity then they should only do that in the recovery section.

Reactions: Jonbonesjones and SamTam33
TimeHasCome6

TimeHasCome6

Feb 26, 2023
Okay. That makes sense. Thanks for the information. Glad not to get that mixed up. :)