M

Moon2018

Apr 12, 2020
Hello
Became interesting. What is the average salary in your country? In Russia, the average salary is $ 312 (according to state statistics, $ 475, but in practice this is a complete lie and distortion of information). The minimum wage is $ 162, many people get that much. Such a salary ($ 162-312) even for doctors, teachers, firefighters. The police get the most, they have enough to live without problems, they have free vacation in the resorts of Russia, because they guard the Putin regime and disperse people at rallies, put people in jail for peaceful rallies (for example, this week one man was given 5 years in prison for reposting news about a political activist) Programmers get the most ($ 900).
Utility bills in Russia cost $ 85, food products $ 142 (2 people).
What about your country?

• Hugs
Reactions: Somber, Belaya Noch, KleinerWolf and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
300usd but that's a lie too. Some people have to work all day long only to get 150-200 usd (monthly)

• Aww..
Reactions: My_name_is_Luka, Skathon, Green Destiny and 1 other person
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
300usd but that's a lie too. Some people have to work all day long only to get 150-200 usd (monthly)
Average minimum wage is $7.25 an hour. While average housing is $295,300. You're lucky if you get enough to cover rent from greedy prick land lords while scrapping enough leftover money for food. Not including healthcare or college debt from tuition. America is too damn expensive to live in.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf and WornOutLife
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Can't say for the rest of America but for the part of California I'm in minimum wage is already at or at least close to $15 per hour and that's still not enough to make a living. A single room of an apartment can cost $2000-$3000 a month. Houses typically cost over $1 million to buy. I don't know the actual average salary but typically, making below $70,000 a year is considered poverty. Oh yeah, and a freaking McChicken costs almost $2 when you include tax.

But hey, living in the Silicon Valley totally rules, am I right?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Deleted member 22624, Belaya Noch, Green Destiny and 2 others
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
I have about an average salary for my country, on both of my jobs. I just did a lil bit of math and calculated that I make a little under 3$ per hour on one of my jobs and 2.20$ per hour on the other one (plus some unpaid overtime). Sadly, McChicken still costs 2$ in my country. Housing is really cheap though, I rent a 1-bedroom apartment for 250$ a month + utilities. I could buy an apartment like mine for about 60000$ (well, not if I make less that 3$ per hour, obviously, I can't buy a doghouse with that). I also pay about 200$ for various medical expenses, and I am, well, fairly sick, although I don't pay for the really expensive treatment, just the basic stuff.

So I suppose compared to those of you in US our biggest problem is that food costs about the same while the salaries are a lot lower, and that's why I am always bitching about going hungry.

• Hugs
Reactions: DoNotLet2, Belaya Noch and Dr Iron Arc
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Average starting wage 800 euros a month. Depends on your experience but most jobs start with 800 or 750 euros. Very low I know.

GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
Depends on your experience but most jobs start with 800 or 750 euros. Very low I know.
*googles the current euro to money-I-understand rate*
seriously GIF

Well, I make a little over 610 euros a month working two full-time jobs. It's either that number isn't that low, or I'm an absolute sucker and my american owners bosses probably really profit from my work. I suspect the latter.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Moon2018, Deleted member 22624, DoNotLet2 and 1 other person
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Y
*googles the current euro to money-I-understand rate*
seriously GIF

Well, I make a little over 610 euros a month working two full-time jobs. It's either that number isn't that low, or I'm an absolute sucker and my american owners bosses probably really profit from my work. I suspect the latter.
I now to you, having 2 jobs, must be hard I suppose.

Reactions: Moon2018
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
@Sherri, I might be wrong in my initial reaction, though. It might not really be that much money in your country, because you've also got to take in account how much things cost.

B

Belaya Noch

Sep 3, 2020
In my country (Poland) average gross salary is about 1400-1500 USD, median ca. 1000 USD gross, minimum ca. 630 gross. However, according to some statistics, up to 15% of employees earn less than minimum (and nett/gross ratio is like 2/3 for the common gray workers). Living here makes me suicidal itself :haha:

• Hugs
Reactions: Moon2018, DoNotLet2 and GrumpyFrog
awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
wow I make about 5-600 per week after child support here but 2 bedroom apt costs 1000 here plus utilities, internet and so on. Plus health insurance and car insurance and food, it isn't enough with 2 kids.

Reactions: Moon2018
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Way more than I get! Being poor is the pits. Working a shitty job for 50 years just to make ends meet would be enough reason to not want to go on, not even considering my various other issues.

Reactions: GrumpyFrog, Moon2018 and Deleted member 22624
DanceUntilTheEnd

DanceUntilTheEnd

Dec 10, 2021
Can't say for the rest of America but for the part of California I'm in minimum wage is already at or at least close to $15 per hour and that's still not enough to make a living. A single room of an apartment can cost $2000-$3000 a month. Houses typically cost over $1 million to buy. I don't know the actual average salary but typically, making below $70,000 a year is considered poverty. Oh yeah, and a freaking McChicken costs almost $2 when you include tax.

But hey, living in the Silicon Valley totally rules, am I right?
We left and came to Texas. Much more affordable.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Somber

Somber

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2022
People earn on average 2,100 euros (after taxes) a month here, but some people earn as little as 1,500 euros for a full time job (40 hours a week).

Rent is on average 800 euros per month.
Purchasing an average house costs about 300.000 - 500.000 euros.

Grocery shopping for 2 for a week goes for about 100 euros.

Healthcare is included with citizenship.