B

BJ1234

Nov 18, 2023
Are suicidal thoughts signs from a Higher being that your presence in this world is no longer needed or that you have caused too much harm to people around you?

Reactions: Dliena, Forever Sleep and breezeboy
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
suicide is what people want when things don't go their way in life like the lost of a loved one or a terminal illness The majority of people who feel suicidal don't actually want to die; they just want the situation they are in or the way they are feeling to stop.

Reactions: reclaimedbynature, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, gggy and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Neither, I wish to die as existence is undesirable, I see suicide as the rational solution to escape from all future suffering in an existence that was always very much unnecessary in the first place. I see it as such a horrific tragedy how life even evolved at all, causing endless harm and cruelty as a result, no matter what I'd always see it as preferable to not exist than to exist as a conscious being who is capable of suffering endlessly.

I see existence as something so incredibly futile that is best avoided, for me there is no value in deteriorating from age in this existence that was so harmfully imposed in the first place, in my case suicide is the way to find peace from the torturous and meaningless burden of existing as a human.

All that existence ever does is create problems and pain there was never a need for, in fact I see existence as the true problem which can only be solved by ceasing to exist, I find so much comfort in the thought of not existing for all eternity where all is forgotten about.

• Love
Reactions: FloopZee
cryone

cryone

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
Personally im not rlly religious and if i was id lean towards being a deist(where god doesnt interfere), so no, i dont think so.

Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Interesting theory. If demons are included in the list of higher beings, then based on research they CAN introduce/influence thoughts, but i dont think it's for altruistic reasons, although they may..wrap it up as such? i guess.
if by higher being you're referring to something like God or a similar deity.. then it becomes a bit more complex but I believe the bottom line is..it's not really the reason. I think one's death would benefit/advance the diety's plans, but it's not necessarily because it would be for the good of the world or those around you.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and Darkover
numbspirit

numbspirit

living failure
Jan 3, 2024
In my eyes, suicide is neither a sign of a higher self nor that I have done a lot of harm. I think suicide is a logical consequence when a person has suffered enough and at some point realizes their place in the universe.
For me, suicide is the only thing in my life that I have control over. The only button I can press without anyone interfering. In my eyes, suicide is just as important, if not more important, than birth. I wasn't asked before I was born, but ending my life will be my decision alone. And I can't wait to get it over with.

Last edited:
Reactions: divinemistress36
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
If that were the case, then presumably, they'll be delighted when we go through with it? But then- why aren't more religions in favour of it? Unless the God you have in mind isn't represented in the religions we know about?

Plus- I'll make a bold statement and say- the majority of people here are victims rather than bullies. An awful lot of people here have lived very difficult lives- quite often at the horrible hands of others.

But no- I reckon if there is a God, they have some sadistic game going on where suicide is just another urge we are supposed to repress to prove to them how much we love them. Think of all the other natural urges that are supposedly a sin- lust, gluttony, greed, sloth and a whole bunch of emotions- pride, envy and wrath. So- we musn't give in to any of them and of course, we can't give in to despair and top ourselves because- presumably, that ends their little test on earth.

Nah- the God I picture isn't all that big on mercy. Unless of course, they're trying to trick us into suicide because that sends us to hell. Maybe they don't want us in heaven. Fine really- not that I want to experience hell but- why would I want to live in heaven if it was also created by the same God that this world was?

Reactions: Darkover
B

BJ1234

Nov 18, 2023
Wow, i didnt expect a lot would respond to my pov of suicide, and it seems that we all have a different views on suicide, and none is wrong. I see that suicide has different meaning to different people

B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
Are suicidal thoughts signs from a Higher being that your presence in this world is no longer needed or that you have caused too much harm to people around you?
Neither for me it represents the opportunity to shed the loneliness, misery, and pain. It's a possible escape. It's an escape from seemingly never-ending suffering.....