Rhaiyne

Rhaiyne

"To be - or not to be.... That is the question"
Jul 4, 2021
For me... I was pretty much a fitness freak and sports mad. All I wanted to do was pursue sport. I trained hard, I became quite successful. I was number 2 in my district for squash. I excelled at hockey and cross country running. I was to be my future.
Then, i had a terrible motorbike accident when a mini bus drove into me and threw me off my bike. I was badly injured and it left me in a coma for 7 days (second time in coma... I don't think death wanted me!!!) I broke half my body and my left side was paralysed. I endured treatment and rehabilitation for 9 months.... had to learn to walk again. My left side finally healed. However, due to the injuries i sustained, I was told that my sporting days were over. It destroyed me. I lived for sport and could no longer continue with my passion. I don't think i have ever been the same since.
the covid lockdowns. losing 8 friends in quick succession. getting long covid, leading into fibromyalgia that just hurts fucking CONSTANTLY. losing the ability to do an athletic thing I truly loved. loosing someone that I loved from the same sport.
Sorry about all the losses you have suffered in losing your friends. That must be hugely difficult.

I can relate to fibro. I too struggle with it.

• Aww..
Reactions: Cant Maintain and demuic
ostracism

ostracism

Aug 1, 2021
-not being emotionally abused by my biological father. If he hasn't projected his own 'unresolved-trauma (and his obsessive-compulsive personality)' onto me and perhaps, had a little compassion towards my sensitivity....my life could have altered completely. no complex trauma at least.

-continuing the chemistry-olympiad prep course when I was 12. Due to my parents, I had to withdraw from the course because my middle school grades weren't 'good enough' for science-specialized high school entrance. However, if I was able to prove my gifted-ness by winning a decent award in the olympiad, it was highly likely back then that the school'd have accepted me. I regret deeply that I didn't 'rebel' and just obeyed what my parents said.
-not being socially ostracized. I was denied to have proper technology access until I was in 8th grade, which severely affected the ability to connect with my peers, adding to the fact that I had profoundly different interest areas with them already.

-ditching the avaricious psychiatrist whom I saw for anorexia/depression. She only increased the SSRI dose (fluoxetine, fluvoxamine), adding aripiprazole (Abilify) and trazodone, without letting me try other type of ADs, such as SNRI, NDRI.....etc. My depression only worsened for 6 months after getting put on the cocktails of meds that didn't work. I mean, my school kind of half forced me to see a psych, but at least I could've asked to see a different psych. Turns out that I was put in an unreasonable dose of ADs, my second psychiatrist put me on Wellbutrin (bupropion) and alprazolam and I did surprisingly OK. Now I'm not on any meds because I dislike how it slows my brain activity.

-not being intellectually ostracized. if I continued to see high school math department teacher weekly, for the discussion of zeta function and other fundamental math theorems, at least I'd have one person to talk to about my interests. I mindlessly let go of the opportunity due to major depressive episode.
Well, I gave up talking about my interest areas with the general population. I doubt I could make it to uni, in order to pursue more scholarly academics & meet people similar to me because I need to do well on the national exams in this November, but my crippling trauma makes it difficult.

N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
Living in fear of beating up, getting into fights as kid. Living in poverty as a kid. Some hard neglect by parents even today.
highschiol-very aggressive time to be around. There was no business without violence. Government is still part of this till today. Got to know som stuff lessening rand talks between my father and his friends. So f**ck the law at 14 as a start.
Wrong school, very "elite", teachers were total suckers. So started to miss and have fun, while buying fake certificates from my sis. It worked great.
Went into police academy. Then I saw what a joke was all. It was fun on their expense.
Went into police, majority were so stupid, so more criminal, than the outside criminals. Found not so much moral there. Only double standards. In time while making money I saw the difference for me and my kids. It was very very fun, but I quit and expanded my little criminal finance empire.
During that time was betrayed by mother, sister, father, my wife, some "friends". I feel almost nothing for them at the moment.
before the corona stuff was about to retire, but the government fucked up evey legal business possible. They made their stronger with public funds, attacked everyone else braking their own laws.
After that, now I don't think there was any other option for me. It was all straight line braking and exploiting society's rules and lack of value.

• Hugs
Reactions: Largeletters