• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

ddddd

ddddd

Jul 23, 2024
The description of SI is the most important in some sense.
Because most CTBs would do better without SI. Above all, you would not be trapped in the cage of SI and would be trapped in despair that your body is not even allowed to die.

Of course, SI is important as a safety device to prevent you from accidentally dying easily. However, there should also be a way to overcome the barriers that are given to you after understanding them.

SI (Survival Instinct) is also known as Self-preservation in academic terms. It is something common to all living things that tries to preserve themselves through pain, fear, reflexes, and adrenaline.

The key to this primitive and powerful safety device is that it is "possessed by the body."

SI, which is an "instinctive refusal to act toward death," and the "person's feelings of not wanting to die" are two different things.
If you feel that the latter is strong enough, it may be a good time to reconsider. Alternatively, once you have decided on your fate, a dialogue to come to terms with your feelings may be helpful.

On the other hand, in my opinion, "convincing the mind" is not very useful in moving SI. In other words, SI is in the domain of the body.
There are three things to say about SI = body.

1. SI interferes with you through pain, fear, and reflexes (behavior control).
That is the hand of SI. You must confront it through the nerves and brain of your body.How about ripping out your own heart to die? "NO!" SI and you agree. The most difficult way to die is to die in a way that causes increasing pain until completion.
Sleeping pills and sedatives can counter all of the pain, fear, and behavior.

2. SI is sensitive to primitive (easy to understand) methods. SI sees the same things as you. The fear of falling, gunfire, and trains give SI power because you are convinced of their power."Methods that don't die easily" like overdosing and cutting your wrists are not that scary. Also, for many people, it is probably difficult to see how scary drugs are just by looking at them.

3. To overcome SI, belief or momentum is effective (it seems).
Even so, there are still plenty of people who have committed suicide by jumping off buildings or shooting, and historical samurai faced SI head-on by committing seppuku.As with soldiers, the fear of death seems to be overwritten by beliefs stronger than nation or religion.

For those who are not like me, momentum is more important than logic or calm. The majority of people say they get carried away by depression or stress.
If you can take SN calmly, that's good. But if not, music, shouting, or other stimuli (you can try drinking alcohol or other things, but the sedative effect may be the opposite of stimuli).

In my trials, I feel that a mental stimuli may be useful to resist the body.

This content may conflict with the philosophy, but I myself struggled with SI and searched for it. I think it is very similar to learning each method in that it gives hope by presenting policies and methodologies.

Reactions: Loona6546645, rozeske and pthnrdnojvsc
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Self-preservation is essentially the process of an organism preventing itself from being harmed or killed and is considered a basic instinct in most organisms. Most call it a "survival instinct". Self-preservation is thought to be tied to an organism's reproductive fitness and can be more or less present according to perceived reproduction potential

if I fear death and try to avoid it by all possible means, I stand a better chance to live long enough to reproduce than somebody who isn't so afraid. Therefore, evolution has penalized creatures who did not have a strong survival instinct, and rewarded those who did. This is why we hold our lives so dear.

the way to overcome survival instinct is to be in more pain then it would take to kill ones self an act of desperation, humans seek comfort and avoid pain, you have to become fearless, having a sure peaceful method to kill one self is key to overcome survival instinct it's much easier to drink a poison then it is to hang or jump or cut or shot oneself

• Informative
Reactions: untothedepths
ddddd

ddddd

Jul 23, 2024
Self-preservation is essentially the process of an organism preventing itself from being harmed or killed and is considered a basic instinct in most organisms. Most call it a "survival instinct". Self-preservation is thought to be tied to an organism's reproductive fitness and can be more or less present according to perceived reproduction potential

if I fear death and try to avoid it by all possible means, I stand a better chance to live long enough to reproduce than somebody who isn't so afraid. Therefore, evolution has penalized creatures who did not have a strong survival instinct, and rewarded those who did. This is why we hold our lives so dear.

the way to overcome survival instinct is to be in more pain then it would take to kill ones self an act of desperation, humans seek comfort and avoid pain, you have to become fearless, having a sure peaceful method to kill one self is key to overcome survival instinct it's much easier to drink a poison then it is to hang or jump or cut or shot oneself
I think so.
Also, if there's one other thing that would be helpful, it would be to have someone to be with. Including SS. In my opinion, it would be helpful to decide and announce some kind of timing. (Of course, it shouldn't be "too early" though.)