• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

FERAL_FRENZY

FERAL_FRENZY

Legion brainrot <3
Apr 18, 2024
Somehow I ended up on this side of Twitter, and I can't quite wrap my head around it. Putting its general glamorization of self-harm aside, who exactly is its target audience? The majority of its demographic seems to be made up of teenage girls and young women. While it does rightfully belong with the other twt self-harm communities (edtwt, goretwt, and drugtwt), it feels wayyyy too flashy for the "average" viewer. Like, if I were to interact with such a community, it would be to vent about my temptations to sh, and the desire to appear even "sicker," not to see hit tweets of suggestive videos featuring topless young women cutting inches away from their breasts. It makes me think that some of these videos might have a sexual element to them. Intended or not.

Cutting is typically an intimate activity that's done alone without prying eyes, so seeing someone in such a vulnerable position feels kind of voyeuristic. Like, ten times over. It feels like some sort of sleazy T.V show. It kind of bothers me that some people get off to this without ever being in the shoes of someone suffering so much pain, both physically and emotionally.

Not tryna "gatekeep" cutting or whatever, these are just my opinions. Other perspectives are appreciated. I'm genuinely curious.

Reactions: restingplace
card1nal

card1nal

trying to find peace by whatever means possible :)
Jan 23, 2023
Anytime I've stumbled onto shtwt, or any other kind of self-harm communities where people post their own sh, I just saw it as a cry for help and/or attention they may be lacking in their real lives. I'm sure there are some fetish accounts hidden in there, but I doubt that it's the majority. Same with edtwt! I've seen some accounts posting ed content that just feel slightly off; like they aren't posting something they relate to but rather something they are attracted to... You know what I mean? It's sick, and I hate it, but it's hard to escape. Same as here, I'm sure some pervs are lurking who get off on suicide-related posts.

But, yeah, I always assumed shtwt was just another place to share your pain, even if that means flashing deep wounds to unsuspecting people, unfortunately.

• Informative
Reactions: restingplace, FERAL_FRENZY and CelestialDiana
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
To me this is just more proof at how fucked-up this world really is.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
If you search the word, this idea has been raised here recently, it could give you an idea to your question or somewhat of a "perspective"......