Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
I was watching a scientific lecture and he said our brains have their own virtual reality software. We're all human, so we pretty much all experience it the same unless we're schizophrenic for example.

So our brains are showing us a false reality. What then is reality? Is it something abstract like floating numbers or bits of code?

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, sadworld, not4us and 2 others
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
I was watching a scientific lecture and he said our brains have their own virtual reality software. We're all human, so we pretty much all experience it the same unless we're schizophrenic for example.

So our brains are showing us a false reality. What then is reality? Is it something abstract like floating numbers or bits of code?
Light is just photons, scattered by substance that is basically empty space. Our eyes pick up the photons and our brains flesh it out into solids, colours.

Reactions: shush and Sensei
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Light is just photons, scattered by substance that is basically empty space. Our eyes pick up the photons and our brains flesh it out into solids, colours.
So when I look at anything out in public, what am i really seeing? I don't mean on the micro level but in general.

Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
It's like covering an invisible ghost with a bedsheet so you can see it, except the ghost actually has mass etc. There's really no such thing as the colours you see, it's completely made up way of representing photon frequency

Reactions: shush and Sensei
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
It's like covering an invisible ghost with a bedsheet so you can see it, except the ghost actually has mass etc. There's really no such thing as the colours you see, it's completely made up way of representing photon frequency
Is reality just black and white?

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
There's no such thing as a look, the human is just there
The human looks the same but the environment is just mass and energy?

Reactions: Deleted member 22624
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
Lol you're so just having fun with me now :)

happiestman

happiestman

May 8, 2020

What kind/type of scientific? related to human brain or optics or any other physics?

It sounds more like a spiritual lecture :-)

Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
What kind/type of scientific? related to human brain or optics or any other physics?

Perception's a popular research field? Enough to explore how different people perceive not just the 3d world as something else eg auras but to see other things visually for example like experiencing numbers as specific shapes

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020

Richard Dawkins lecture on biology

I don't watch spiritual anything. It's just superstition

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
In terms of the human experience of reality you might (if haven't already) look into phenomenology.

In terms of objective reality outside of the human experience? I don't think we can really know what it is because we are limited to our human form.

Reactions: Deleted member 22624
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
In terms of the human experience of reality you might (if haven't already) look into phenomenology.

In terms of objective reality outside of the human experience? I don't think we can really know what it is because we are limited to our human form.
So the Buddhists are right about the world being an illusion

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
So the Buddhists are right about the world being an illusion
Our perception of the world is an illusion. Because we necessarily have to experience it from a particular point of view, in this body, with only these faculties, with the mind processing it all into something coherent.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Our perception of the world is an illusion. Because we necessarily have to experience it from a particular point of view, in this body, with only these faculties, with the mind processing it all into something coherent.
We're a box with 5 holes.