• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

abruptum

abruptum

Lost
Jan 10, 2021
For the last bit of my life I have been having thoughts and memories that I can rationalize never happened in my physical world but I have exact and precise memories of certain conversations or things that happened in my life. But then I can never understand how I have these things engrained like memories. Also I have been expierencing a weird dissconnect between my physical state/brain and my perception of reality. Like sometimes I will see things that arent actually there or my vision will stop working or I can imagine hearing things that arent happening. My grasp of time has just been awful too, I never feel like its moving in a straight linear pattern. I know it sounds crazy but its making my sense of reality so warped and I have no clue whats happening anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: Spiral and Ender
Spiral

Spiral

Experienced
Jan 22, 2021
Is all this new or have you always had similar things happening?
If you usually take medication, and you changed your dosage recently it might be that. Deffo check in with your doctor to find out what's going on. I have fake memories too, perfectly crystal clear, i know which ones are fake and which are real but its still really disturbing when one pops in my head. I also have a similar thing where I feel physical sensations that are not really there, and also I feel thoughts that are not mine, usually they come from people who are near me. Its weird and scary and confusing. You are not alone. It is super important to get the right meds at the right dosage to feel more normal though. i sends love and hugs :hug:

Last edited:
abruptum

abruptum

Lost
Jan 10, 2021
Is all this new or have you always had similar things happening?
If you usually take medication, and you changed your dosage recently it might be that. Deffo check in with your doctor to find out what's going on. I have fake memories too, perfectly crystal clear, i know which ones are fake and which are real but its still really disturbing when one pops in my head. I also have a similar thing where I feel physical sensations that are not really there, and also I feel thoughts that are not mine, usually they come from people who are near me. Its weird and scary and confusing. You are not alone. It is super important to get the right meds at the right dosage to feel more normal though. i sends love and hugs :hug:
No meds and I used to have what I assumed due to my npd was divine intervention having very vivid "dreams" of my normal life. But yeah no meds and its fairly new when it comes to the intensity and how often it happens

Spiral

Spiral

Experienced
Jan 22, 2021
Have you been isolated for a while? I am not a doctor, so I can't tell you what it is, but its deffo important to see the doctor and get it under control, this sort of things can get risky if we don't look after them properly.
Just out of curiosity, did the divine intervention feel liike it was looking after you? I just ask because I always felt that mine was like a 6th sense that was protecting me until recently when I realized that it's been affecting my judgement because I trust it above all things, and it's not rational for me to think its real

abruptum

abruptum

Lost
Jan 10, 2021
Have you been isolated for a while? I am not a doctor, so I can't tell you what it is, but its deffo important to see the doctor and get it under control, this sort of things can get risky if we don't look after them properly.
Just out of curiosity, did the divine intervention feel liike it was looking after you? I just ask because I always felt that mine was like a 6th sense that was protecting me until recently when I realized that it's been affecting my judgement because I trust it above all things, and it's not rational for me to think its real
less protection and more given knowledge

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Are these 'memories' from dreams or daydreaming to escape pain? Or are they just popping up out of nowhere?

I often have full blown conversations with people in my head, people I have not actually seen or spoken to in a long time, people I have, sometimes people I have never even met, I even argue with them, but I know it's not reality. And I don't mean typical fantasies or delusions of grandeur-though I'm not immune to those, I mean any and every type of conversation or scenario that could occur in daily life, or things I should be able to say that I can't, things they could or could not have said to me in return, but didn't.
Big things, small things, just anything and everything. Sometimes my hands and body start to gesticulate as if I'm actually across from someone, speaking to them.
(Maybe this is wishful thinking, but it has gotten to the point that I could probably be a great actor lol if I wasn't so maimed by my own existence, so consumed and was not so discriminated against for not being attractive).

I believe it stems from isolating and not being able to reach out to anyone, I need to be able to sound off someone so I use myself to mime another person, it's a form
of control when I have none elsewhere, but it's quite sad that I've probably spoken to people who are supposed to be close to me more in my head, than in truth.
I am safer than them, I can be trusted, these mirages as well, but their real counterparts-No.
They are merely apparitions, but I know myself to seem like a ghost as well. They feel strangely familiar, although foreign to actuality.
So many hours of conversation that is all a farce, think of a child locked in their room for a decade with only dolls to interact with...I'm sure they would become more real and comforting than any tangible person outside the door, until that door is opened and the created world is shattered.

However, to go back to what you said, I am still much more likely to confuse a dream memory for real versus a maladaptive daydreaming memory. (That's why I am wondering where your "memories" and loss of touch with reality is sourced.)
Personally, I know it's all just me, in the end. I have lived a thousand lives inside my head, but reality will still win, it's still going to kill me.
I think if I genuinely became unable to tell the difference, maybe existence would be more bearable, but I'm not delusional (plus, even my head creations are not perfect or always pleasant). I'm not saying you are either, but your situation does sound a bit different than mine. Could you explain it further?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: abruptum
abruptum

abruptum

Lost
Jan 10, 2021
Are these 'memories' from dreams or daydreaming to escape pain? Or are they just popping up out of nowhere?

I often have full blown conversations with people in my head, people I have not actually seen or spoken to in a long time, people I have, sometimes people I have never even met, I even argue with them, but I know it's not reality. And I don't mean typical fantasies or delusions of grandeur-though I'm not immune to those, I mean any and every type of conversation or scenario that could occur in daily life, or things I should be able to say that I can't, things they could or could not have said to me in return, but didn't.
Big things, small things, just anything and everything. Sometimes my hands and body start to gesticulate as if I'm actually across from someone, speaking to them.
(Maybe this is wishful thinking, but it has gotten to the point that I could probably be a great actor lol if I wasn't so maimed by my own existence, so consumed and was not so discriminated against for not being attractive).

I believe it stems from isolating and not being able to reach out to anyone, I need to be able to sound off someone so I use myself to mime another person, it's a form
of control when I have none elsewhere, but it's quite sad that I've probably spoken to people who are supposed to be close to me more in my head, than in truth.
I am safer than them, I can be trusted, these mirages as well, but their real counterparts-No.
They are merely apparitions, but I know myself to seem like a ghost as well. They feel strangely familiar, although foreign to actuality.
So many hours of conversation that is all a farce, think of a child locked in their room for a decade with only dolls to interact with...I'm sure they would become more real and comforting than any tangible person outside the door, until that door is opened and the created world is shattered.

However, to go back to what you said, I am still much more likely to confuse a dream memory for real versus a maladaptive daydreaming memory. (That's why I am wondering where your "memories" and loss of touch with reality is sourced.)
Personally, I know it's all just me, in the end. I have lived a thousand lives inside my head, but reality will still win, it's still going to kill me.
I think if I genuinely became unable to tell the difference, maybe existence would be more bearable, but I'm not delusional (plus, even my head creations are not perfect or always pleasant). I'm not saying you are either, but your situation does sound a bit different than mine. Could you explain it further?
Yeah that's nice to hear you share. But then I have to say i interact with people and dont have myself isolated. And my memories feel like its just something i remember out nowhere only when i think of the subject.

Spiral

Spiral

Experienced
Jan 22, 2021
Yeah that's nice to hear you share. But then I have to say i interact with people and dont have myself isolated. And my memories feel like its just something i remember out nowhere only when i think of the subject.
This is a really good resource for when you are trying to figure out whats going on with any mind related issues. I use it a lot to help me realise what is normal and what I might need help with. It has so much useful info on mental health. https://www.mind.org.uk/information...lity-disorders/types-of-personality-disorder/
This is now I found out that my 'mind reading' 6th sense is not real. It's super useful if you are planning to go to the doctor you can plan ahead and get ready to ask the right questions.

• Love
Reactions: abruptum