What is more important to you when contemplating your end?

• Reliability

Votes: 33 44.0%
  • Minimal pain

Votes: 35 46.7%
  • Speed

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Mess

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Something else

Votes: 4 5.3%

• Total voters
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
What is more important to you when contemplating your end?

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
To me the most important factor would be the most reliable method that leads to the most quickest and peaceful death with as little risk of it failing as possible. I'd like a death that is as straightforward as possible which is why I find it so horrible how suicide is purposely made so inaccessible in this anti-suicide society.

Reliability and how painless the method is are the most important factors as with painless methods then there is the less chance of the SI kicking in, in general I believe the more painless the method is, the more easier it'd be to go through with ctb.

• Love
Reactions: stupidpicklejuice, carin129, WAITING TO DIE and 3 others
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Sep 27, 2023
Yes i agree. I really wish I knew how to get this mainstream. People understanding it's fine and valid to want to be dead. They're always banging on about saving the planet yet they could get rid of i reckon about 10% of us (yes I do think It's that high when given a pain free choice) in one swoop.

U

user56765567

In recovery and getting help
Oct 1, 2023
I would say reliability for myself is first and foremost the most important as I am ok with pain I suppose as long as it can get the job done but thats just me. I would say the second runner up for me would be speed but I can understand why pain would be a more important factor for some when consider how to end it.

Reactions: darkenmydoorstep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'd say exactly the order you listed them:

Reliability, Minimal Pain, Speed, Mess.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Grav, Yaffle and 1 other person
IsThisEverything

IsThisEverything

Nov 1, 2023
Reliability. My biggest fear is the attempt failing and leaving me with long term damage, making my quality of life even worse.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, changes, annointed_towers and 6 others
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
It doesn't matter to me if my quality of life is going to be worse after failure because I'm going to try again anyways. If I wasn't certain about ctbing then I simply wouldn't.

Reactions: Archness and darkenmydoorstep
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Sep 27, 2023
Reliability. My biggest fear is the attempt failing and leaving me with long term damage, making my quality of life even worse.
That's my biggest fear too

Reactions: annointed_towers
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Reliability and speed.

Reactions: darkenmydoorstep and Skathon
Unsure and Useless

Unsure and Useless

Drifting Aimlessly without Roots
Feb 7, 2023
In order, it'd be: reliability, speed, minimal pain, and mess.

Reliability: Obvious. If I'm gonna CTB, I want it to be done and over with. I've read the posts on here from people whose attempts failed, and they're, more often than not, horrifying in a dehumanizing way. Last thing I need after my failed attempt at leaving this dystopian world is people playing stupid and acting as if wanting out is some sort of unfathomable concept.

Speed: If there's pain, it won't be that bad if the method is fast enough. Besides, as mentioned earlier, I want CTB to be done and over with. You never know if SI is going to kick in, and honestly, it's not worth the risk of allowing it time to develop.

Minimal Pain: Ideal, but with the way this world is structured, it's not guaranteed. However, if I'm going to CTB, I want it to be a painless one.

Mess: Call me selfish or inconsiderate, but I honestly don't care about the mess I make. Why should I? Nobody cares about me, yet I'm expected to care about them? Plus, most people are so desensitized to gore and violence; I doubt someone's CTB is going to faze them. If my corpse does make it on the Internet, it'll probably be on a slideshow with comments like "womp womp" or "blud should've been stronger."

TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022
It doesn't matter to me if my quality of life is going to be worse after failure because I'm going to try again anyways. If I wasn't certain about ctbing then I simply wouldn't.
You may not get chance to try again if you are disabled to a point where you have 24 hr supervision

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Archness, carin129 and 1 other person
BlockHammer

BlockHammer

Confused loser
Oct 25, 2023
Speed and minimum pain will be the most important factor for me when i decided i want to ctb

AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
I had an honest chuckle at the fact that when I placed my vote there wasn't a single vote for mess. I suppose we won't be around, so...

• Yay!
Reactions: LeperGnome, darkenmydoorstep and Archness
C

chiaseedd

Nov 16, 2023
My note. Location. What I'm wearing. Makeup. Meaning.

Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
Speed + Reliability.
If I had to pick one, I'd prioritize speed.

This is because speed typically lends itself to reliability and minimal pain.

In order to kill you fast, the method would need matching lethality. Gunshots, explosions, even 20,000 volts falling above 100+ ft. Fast and deadly.
Also, pain matters alot less when it's a temporary thing until the great nothing. The only problem would be SI.

darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Sep 27, 2023
In order, it'd be: reliability, speed, minimal pain, and mess.

Reliability: Obvious. If I'm gonna CTB, I want it to be done and over with. I've read the posts on here from people whose attempts failed, and they're, more often than not, horrifying in a dehumanizing way. Last thing I need after my failed attempt at leaving this dystopian world is people playing stupid and acting as if wanting out is some sort of unfathomable concept.

Speed: If there's pain, it won't be that bad if the method is fast enough. Besides, as mentioned earlier, I want CTB to be done and over with. You never know if SI is going to kick in, and honestly, it's not worth the risk of allowing it time to develop.

Minimal Pain: Ideal, but with the way this world is structured, it's not guaranteed. However, if I'm going to CTB, I want it to be a painless one.

Mess: Call me selfish or inconsiderate, but I honestly don't care about the mess I make. Why should I? Nobody cares about me, yet I'm expected to care about them? Plus, most people are so desensitized to gore and violence; I doubt someone's CTB is going to faze them. If my corpse does make it on the Internet, it'll probably be on a slideshow with comments like "womp womp" or "blud should've been stronger."
Yes I mentioned mess because I have heard other people talk about mess in regard to others finding them but other than someone close, I wouldn't really care tbh. I mean medics and the like have seen all sorts. I'd probably make a five minute chat over dinner if I was gory and that would be that.

K

kcatchesthebus

Jun 29, 2023
I really want my death to be as peaceful as possible and leave very little that will traumatize my loved ones. Although it's nuts because none of them care enough about me

S

SafferGuy

Oct 27, 2023
Not too worried about pain... it can't be worse than living