Deleted member 24434

Deleted member 24434

Dec 3, 2020
I just got a tiny bit of hope. All my life the word family has been poison and hurt. But I've just realised that as I get older my family will change. It will no longer be aunts and uncles who don't give a shit, nor will it be siblings who openly hate me, and nor will it be a parent who has wished me dead since I was born. It will be people who actually love me. And all those who caused me pain will fade away. I hope so anyway.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, NeverSatisfied, Wrennie and 5 others
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
That's a beautiful thought friend. Hold on to it if it helps, because there is definitely some truth in it. I'm sorry your family has been so cruel to you but there is always the possibility of meeting others who don't have that built in animosity. :hug:

Reactions: Puffinz and kolski
kolski

kolski

ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴍᴏɴsᴛᴇʀs
May 27, 2019
I really hope that you can truly find that happiness one day. Just because they're blood, doesn't make them family. We choose our family. Best wishes friend :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, signifying nothing and 1 other person
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
  • Love
Reactions: Wrennie, KleinerWolf, foxdie and 1 other person
Puffinz

Puffinz

Dec 7, 2020
I agree with you. People always say that you can't choose your family but that's just not true. Your family is the people that care about you and that you care about, not who you're related to. If you don't like the family you're born with you just gotta find new people to become your family.

• Love
Reactions: Wrennie, Life_and_Death and foxdie
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
You deserve to find happiness, pal.
What is family? Well, that's a hard-to-answer question.
Family is like...everything. We can't choose it, it could be good or bad but in the end, family is family.
My grandpa has passed away some hours ago. I'm devastated and this made my dad and I got so closer that I won't ctb for now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and foxdie
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Family should be about bonds not blood. You may have a friend that you are close to, and you might have people that you are biologically related to that you hardly have a connection with. In this case the friend(s) would be more of a family than your actual genetic family.

... Or at least this is how I see it anyway.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie