• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

assisted

assisted

🍄
Jul 7, 2022
or i am born into another planet or universe and my life is unimaginably bad

Reactions: Aya&Dazy and ShanaRei
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
that's the chance you take there is no guarantees in life chances are tho you are in fact just nothing for all time or reborn who knowns

Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Chances are- you won't remember this current life. You will just start again. Do you remember any previous lives?

Perhaps it will be a bad life (if you believe in reincarnation.) Do you think you'll have the same consciousness though? How much of the 'you' at the moment will be in the future 'you'? You'll have different genetics for a start- surely? Maybe you'll be better equipt to deal with your new life.

Do you think you'll receive this awful new life as a punishment for having taken your own life? (If you choose to.) If your current life is bad- do you suppose that is punishment for killing yourself in a previous life? How do you break the cycle?

Your ideas seem to be based on religion. What does that religion say you need to do in order to stop receiving bad lives?

I REALLY hope reincarnation isn't a thing...

• Hugs
Reactions: Umacon, Per Ardua Ad Astra, Brokensaddle and 4 others
ksp

ksp

Arcanist
Oct 1, 2022
how is your current life compared to your previous lives?

if you're removing your memories about your current life experience, there is no point of reference

your level of consciousness, and level of suffering will always be relative to the current existence

if you will be a single-cell organism you'll still have needs, you'll still suffer - all life is based on suffering, but you will not perceive the pain the same way as a highly intelligent being (much higher than our current civilization, for example)

based on my current experience and logic, i tend to believe that higher intelligence equals higher suffering
cell -> ant -> herbivore -> carnivore -> philosopher -> ultra intelligence (beyond our current understanding)
different levels of survival instincts and perception…

and what @Forever Sleep said

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't believe in anything like that, to me the thought of there being any kind of life after this is simply a fictional concept invented by people who were unable to come to terms with the true insignificant and meaningless nature of existence. I very strongly believe that we just cease to exist after this with not even the awareness that we are dead and this is the only thing that could ever be close to a comfort in any way.

Reactions: Unending
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Just come back to SS again, spend some time on here and do the deed! 😂 Life's repeating cycle. If you're born on another planet, you'll just have to hope there are good ways to CTB there. It's unlikely to be as hard as it is here. Life on earth is fucked up and backwards. Non earth civilisations are imo unlikely to stop entities killing themselves by withholding substances or information. If you end up in the stone age somewhere, things might be more difficult, but there are probably cliffs everywhere, you'd just need to find out where high ones are and make your way to the nearest one. A PITA but it's doable.

Reactions: lukas19, Unending and stermc
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
I'm only alive because I was born in the first world and had the necessary support to keep going. I don't believe in reincarnation, but if I were born in a place with harsher conditions for life than those now, I would surely die in a short time (if I were to be born, which is another matter).
//
Jo només sóc viu perqué vaig nèixer al primer món i vaig tenir el suport necessari per seguir endavant. No crec en la reencarnació però si nasqués en un lloc amb unes condicions per la vida més dures que les d'ara de segur que moriría en poc temps (si arribés a nèixer, que aquesta és una altre).

stermc

stermc

libertas quae sera tamen
Nov 24, 2022
Please don't even say that 😭😭😭

• Hugs
Reactions: Brokensaddle and Dead Ghost
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I have run that thought experiment myself. I just tell myself I will kms again :) and keep rerolling until I get lucky. Quite pathetic that this is all life really is, luck.

Reactions: asterisk3, redeyepiranha, Jarni and 1 other person
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
There is no possibility of an afterlife or anything after death.

freevoid

freevoid

Student
Jul 11, 2022
or i am born into another planet or universe and my life is unimaginably bad

I have the same apprehension.

If you want to explore taking measures in the event that that possibility is true, look into prison planet theory. There's a subreddit r/escapingprisonplanet, people on youtube like Akile Sava and Rich West, Forever Consciousness Research channel (he provides critical commentary on near death experiences) and Calogero Grifasi (regressive hypnotist). And the article "

Tell the "Lords" of Karma That You Are Sovereign – No Longer a Lightworker Part 2

".

I figure if it's true, then at least I have a chance with arming myself with a bit of knowledge. If it's not, then I don't need to worry.

Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and Jarni
S

spinningship

Student
Dec 20, 2022
This is something I've wondered about too. Like why the fuck are we in such a restricted plane of existence? Did our souls transgress or something? People who claim there is nothing after death claim they are being rational but in fact the only rational claim is that we don't know what happens in the afterlife, and asserting that absolutely nothing happens is just as valid/invalid as asserting that we are reborn, it just seems appealing to atheists that there is nothing.

I've often worried about respawning as like a caveman or something and having to genuinely fear getting like eaten by a tiger or something god that would be the worst fucking way to go.

Reactions: Wasabi, Per Ardua Ad Astra and Hotsackage
S

sizzlingfootnote

Jan 4, 2023
there ain't much to it. when you go, you don't know what is happening. Perhaps you become a spider, and live a spider's life. Perhaps nothing happens. On your side, you cease existing. That's a hard prospect when you think of who would be affected by your decision. Some would love to torture someone else by dying, but maybe it's complicated.

Fuck anyone who could drive a person to consider dying as a retaliation.

I think, when you go, you go. That's it. So please, reconsider. Working on it myself now.

O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
As a Secular Buddhist, I've a few theories on this.

I've seen a few vids recently by the likes of 'Sadhguru' talking about the dangers of reincarnation and suicide. In the same breath he also mentions the dangers of being murdered and suffering a violent and unexpected death, which leads to the same negative rebirth outcome.

To that I say bullsh*t, what about the people who die in auto accidents every year? Do they suffer the same negative karma?
For me, as a Buddhist, it's all about intent. If you want to kill yourself with the sole intent of making others suffer, then that will so karmically f*ck you up for rebirth.

However, if you want to release yourself from suffering and you've tried all possible routes to escape from this suffering, then I think you won't be negatively punished karmically. It has to be done as an act with a sense of closure from your current life and considerate compassion for those whom you leave behind who will be touched negatively by your act.

I think Karmically, you will face the same issues the next time around, however, like a soldier going into to battle initially being given the wrong equipment, the universe will kit you out better next go-around so you can learn the lessons that you were supposed to learn in this life.

Just a thought.

Reactions: Wasabi, Per Ardua Ad Astra and Hotsackage
C

Chelsea Leng

Student
Feb 3, 2024
As a Secular Buddhist, I've a few theories on this.

I've seen a few vids recently by the likes of 'Sadhguru' talking about the dangers of reincarnation and suicide. In the same breath he also mentions the dangers of being murdered and suffering a violent and unexpected death, which leads to the same negative rebirth outcome.

To that I say bullsh*t, what about the people who die in auto accidents every year? Do they suffer the same negative karma?
For me, as a Buddhist, it's all about intent. If you want to kill yourself with the sole intent of making others suffer, then that will so karmically f*ck you up for rebirth.

However, if you want to release yourself from suffering and you've tried all possible routes to escape from this suffering, then I think you won't be negatively punished karmically. It has to be done as an act with a sense of closure from your current life and considerate compassion for those whom you leave behind who will be touched negatively by your act.

I think Karmically, you will face the same issues the next time around, however, like a soldier going into to battle initially being given the wrong equipment, the universe will kit you out better next go-around so you can learn the lessons that you were supposed to learn in this life.

Just a thought.
Sadhguru is a fake guru. don't listen to anything this scambag said
no worries
you won't come back if you don't want to,
you have the choice, at least the choice of CTB

Reactions: Umacon