• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

eatantz

eatantz

I luv dolls
Nov 4, 2023
I just watched 'The shining' today and i had high expectations but ultimately i finished the movie disappointed. The film was engaging and interesting but i found the ending quite flat, when i searched up more details about the plot i liked the movie even less. Shelly and Jack's performance were the highlight of the film for me, but then again im not a fan of Stephen Kings stories.

Also it took me 3 watches to love 'One flew over the cuckoos nest'

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I appreciated a lot of the techniques and innovations used in Citizen Kane but as a movie I didn't really enjoy it

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I did not really enjoy Parasite. It was glorified as some revolutionary communist manifesto but the actual movie was too silly and the main characters weren't at all sympathetic. I feel like it was actually better at trying to convince me that poor people suck, not that rich people suck like it should have.

Despite being a Godzilla fan, I didn't really like Shin Godzilla either. The movie being darker and realistic was alright with me but I just hated the way Godzilla looks in this movie. Even when he stops looking like that goofy cheap plastic toy I used to have, he still looks like a mess though I guess that was the point. The effect still doesn't work for me though.

1MiserableGuy

Experienced
Dec 30, 2023
Bonnie ane Clyde
Star Wars
Anything at all involving capeshit
Steel Magnolias
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Harry Potter
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Anything involving sports (Moneyball is the lone exception but it has little to nothing to do with sports in actuality)
Space Jam
Babylon
Anything with Adam Sandler, with the lone exception of Uncut Gems
Mama Mia
Cocaine Bear

Several, this is just the start

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
It's funny someone already mentioned Citizen Kane. I feel the same. Supposed to be one of the best movies of all time. I've seen movies that are trashed by the public, that are way better. And I'm not even a good film critic.
Perhaps it's the build up of a movie and then my expectations come crashing down. 😉

• Love
Reactions: eatantz
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Student
Apr 15, 2024
It's a Wonderful Life (1946)... because I hate Christmas... and my life, and when I first watched it I was at the loneliest time of my life starting the journey towards developing fullblown clinical depresdion, so the movie reminds me of that time it started.

Last edited:
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
It's a Wonderful Life (1946)... because I hate Christmas... and my life, and when I first watched it I was at the loneliest time of my life starting the journey towards developing fullblown clinical depresdion, so the movie reminds me of that time it started.
Never saw it but even the title makes me want to vomit. 😉

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Oh yeah I also saw A Christmas Story for the first time this last Christmas and I don't really get the hype. It's not as funny as Home Alone and the only memorable parts are when he beats the shit out of that bully and the Chinese restaurant they go to at the end. All in all, I couldn't understand at all why it's such a classic. Is it really just 40s nostalgia?

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Blade runner (the old one).
I like the world setting and visuals but the story seemed flat and there was issue with pacing.
I had to watch it twice. The first time I turned it off because I was bored.

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
Pulp Fiction. I watched it on a plane and wanted to jump out the window.

• Aww..
Reactions: eatantz and xoirse
eatantz

eatantz

I luv dolls
Nov 4, 2023
Bonnie ane Clyde
Star Wars
Anything at all involving capeshit
Steel Magnolias
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Harry Potter
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Anything involving sports (Moneyball is the lone exception but it has little to nothing to do with sports in actuality)
Space Jam
Babylon
Anything with Adam Sandler, with the lone exception of Uncut Gems
Mama Mia
Cocaine Bear

Several, this is just the start
wow:ahhha: very controversial list i love most of these films
I did not really enjoy Parasite. It was glorified as some revolutionary communist manifesto but the actual movie was too silly and the main characters weren't at all sympathetic. I feel like it was actually better at trying to convince me that poor people suck, not that rich people suck like it should have.

Despite being a Godzilla fan, I didn't really like Shin Godzilla either. The movie being darker and realistic was alright with me but I just hated the way Godzilla looks in this movie. Even when he stops looking like that goofy cheap plastic toy I used to have, he still looks like a mess though I guess that was the point. The effect still doesn't work for me though.
I loved Parasite but i agree with you i ended up feeling sympathy for the rich :/

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
2bear

2bear

Apr 19, 2024
wolf of wall street, and la la land,
i also had high expectations for both, but i couldn't even finish wolf of wall street. la la land was just okay to me

eatantz

eatantz

I luv dolls
Nov 4, 2023
i also had high expectations for both, but i couldn't even finish wolf of wall street. la la land was just okay to me
i agree i found lala land quite dull i liked the cinematography and acting tho

Reactions: 2bear

1MiserableGuy

Experienced
Dec 30, 2023
The Wizard of Oz
Donnie Darko
Friday the 13th
Up
Any schlock touched by James Cameron, Steven Spielberg, or Michael Bay
A Man Named Otto
Any low fantasy rom com whatsoever, with the lone exception of that Billy Crystal one it's actually alright
Malcom and Marie, which is basically just Antichrist for people who need spoonfed
Blade runner (the old one).
I like the world setting and visuals but the story seemed flat and there was issue with pacing.
I had to watch it twice. The first time I turned it off because I was bored.
Do either of you all like movies? Those are some of the bests available

Last edited:
  • Aww..
LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
Star Wars
La La Land
Interstellar
2001: A Space Odyssey

• Love
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
i watched the first ghost busters for the first time the other day and the only thing i liked about it was slimer, everything else was either boring or just fucking creepy (in the bad uncomfortable way). like dr venkman just pissed me off every time he was on screen lol, idk if hes meant to be the kind of main character that everyone hates but fuckin hell i hated him. ik its a 40 year old movie so "times were different" n shit but eh idk

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
i watched the first ghost busters for the first time the other day and the only thing i liked about it was slimer, everything else was either boring or just fucking creepy (in the bad uncomfortable way). like dr venkman just pissed me off every time he was on screen lol, idk if hes meant to be the kind of main character that everyone hates but fuckin hell i hated him. ik its a 40 year old movie so "times were different" n shit but eh idk
I have seen the original ghostbusters... It's ok. Not great.

dreambound

dreambound

Student
Dec 14, 2021
same...i think it might be the most horrible , pointlessly disturbing movie i've ever seen. However a couple of years later
some californian stand up comics got together & set the record straight by making a piss-take movie called PLUMP fiction.
it stands as one of the funniest movies of all time...highly recommended

1MiserableGuy

Experienced
Dec 30, 2023
same...i think it might be the most horrible , pointlessly disturbing movie i've ever seen. However a couple of years later
some californian stand up comics got together & set the record straight by making a piss-take movie called PLUMP fiction.
it stands as one of the funniest movies of all time...highly recommended
If there exists a wrong opinion, this is one of them

• Yay!
Reactions: eatantz and 4am