• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Inferdan

Inferdan

Meeting the first minor relapse after recovery
Nov 3, 2019
To those who thought I did this for my own entertainment, please don't doubt me. I am not one to start conversations with others, and never needed to seek out an admin before. There were obvious ways to do so, after thinking back on it, but that moment I just wanted to find one in the way I knew best, which was a thread :aw:
To those who waited, thank you. I've been a little preoccupied with things on my end. New things have happened and changed, and I'm working a little harder to keep things stable. Of course, I feel a bit too much time has passed, so I'm here now to say sorry, and I'm here now to tell you all about it because I never got a reply of the admins after sharing the issue.

Ok, here's what I found:
I was going through my photos when I decided to check the map feature of it. Literally nothing was happening and I was trying to entertain myself. Never had used it before since I saw no point, but ah well, I guess I'll check it out now.
Moving around my area and seeing where I had taken certain photos, I decided to see if I had taken any in my home country, which is in South America. I fully zoom out and move there, when I see this:
7E0F3A15 9659 4B96 9E62 0617F5B71AE7 Now, clearly I haven't had this phone with me during my visits back. But what I'm showing is the one photo in North America. I have never been there. And that photo, the only place I got it from, was an art request from a person offering it here on SS.
Now, I've talked about it with another member who came and asked me directly, and they say it probably shows the approximate location. I don't know, though, which is why I worry. Not sure how to prevent it, it's something I'll have to look into when I have time. But here it is to all of those who really wanted to know. And for that one person who thought I did it for entertainment, again, please don't doubt me.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
So basically your phone recognized the exif data of the image. That's what I'm getting out of this. This has been a known issue concerning privacy and has been discussed by the mods here even.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/be-careful-with-the-personal-information-you-post-here.51112/

I didn't doubt that you had found something, but I had to make a few jokes to lighten up the serious and cryptic nature of your original thread. I definitely appreciate you sharing this information with us as knowledge is power.

Reactions: _Kaira_
Inferdan

Inferdan

Nov 3, 2019
So basically your phone recognized the exif data of the image. That's what I'm getting out of this. This has been a known issue concerning privacy and has been discussed by the mods here even.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/be-careful-with-the-personal-information-you-post-here.51112/

I didn't doubt that you had found something, but I had to make a few jokes to lighten up the serious and cryptic nature of your original thread. I definitely appreciate you sharing this information with us as knowledge is power.
Oh...alright. Sorry, didn't know it already has been known :/ guess it's fine then. Sorry for the alarm everyone...just wanted to make sure it was ok.
And no, I didn't look to see if it was already known. Knowledge is power, yes, but if it had already been identified, then I caused a lot of trouble for nothing :mmm::'( so sorry for worrying you all, everyone, never meant to frighten any of you

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Oh...alright. Sorry, didn't know it already has been known :/ guess it's fine then. Sorry for the alarm everyone...just wanted to make sure it was ok.
And no, I didn't look to see if it was already known. Knowledge is power, yes, but if it had already been identified, then I caused a lot of trouble for nothing :mmm::'( so sorry for worrying you all, everyone, never meant to frighten any of you
No need to apologize! This thread serves as a cautionary example. I'm glad you shared it with us! :hug:

Inferdan

Inferdan

Nov 3, 2019
Ah...didn't think of it like that.
Well...I guess it does. If it helps as a reminder then...should be fine. Alright...hopefully it helps, then. No worries, Brick, was just worried it was something people were unaware of. Don't think that no one here knows what they're doing, though, you're all very smart and careful, but idk...since it was from here, I worried. Glad it's ok though, and yes, hope it helps as a reminder.