N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
In the past I have learned two different foreign languages. But the only one which really interested me was English. I am really glad I can speak/understand English. For example when I watch English speaking youtubers or artists who use English it really is a benefit. Nowadays many people use apps to learn a new language I have never done that. Except when I tried to learn new technical terms in my native language.

A reason why I was eager to learn English was Eminem. I really admire his skills. I am not sure why but I am not good in understanding lyrics. Even in my native language I struggle with it a little bit. But by listening to Eminem I have learned a lot of English words and their meaning. English musicians and rappers are way better than in my native language. I often cringe when I listen to German songs. Most rappers are really pathetic.

I should be grateful for Eminem. He enlarged my vocabulary list a lot. The English language is so useful. Though maybe in some decades the kids have to learn Chinese language/Sinic in school. Lol.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: waitingforrest and Foresight
D

DynamicDepression

Deranged
Mar 28, 2022
I'm Swedish so English came naturally to me. We are exposed to a whole lot of English media for our whole lives (we don't dub movies not made for kids, for example) and begin studying English early on in school.

I've learned basic Japanese and Italian from listening to music. I love listening to foreign songs and looking up English translations of the lyrics. It's really cool how fast you pick up words and phrases that way.

Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
yugioh, shitty english anime dubs and pokémon cards. School sucked big hard cocks at motivating me to learn the language of tea drinking, but them games did a good job lol. I swear i did not use my OP ability to speak english as a child to cheat at yugioh since none of my french speaking friends could call me out on making up card effects. Yes, my dragon can totally bring itself back from death, trust me, i speak tea.

• Informative
Reactions: waitingforrest and rationaltake
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
Nothing. It's a strong interest of mine that I've always sucked at too much to get anywhere with.

Like basically all my passions.

Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
Pimsler lessons, duolingo, Rosetta Stone, are all good to use in conjunction with each other, you'll be crushing it in no time. Learned basic Japanese this way, but also watching Japanese movies and anime and listening to a lot of citypop

goofy

goofy

Chicago's goofiest shooter
Apr 9, 2022
Spending time in the language doing stuff you enjoy.