shadow999

shadow999

Student
Sep 6, 2024
What do you think happens when you die?

A big part of me hopes that I actually go into the Archonic light trap and get another chance. I would do anything for another chance at my own life even without any memories of this one. Not exactly reincarnation but just a reset.

Realistically I think there is probably nothing and consciousness is just an illusion, however persistant.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I believe we go to some other dimension hopefully

• Love
Reactions: Hunter2005, TheGoodGuy, CantDoIt and 2 others
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
no one knows. but i hope it's simply nothing, like a dreamless sleep but for eternity.

Reactions: Hunter2005, Just_Another_Person, Hollowman and 5 others
maynoname

maynoname

Student
Aug 13, 2024
I hope there is nothing, the end of the nightmare should be enough for me

• Love
Reactions: Hollowman, landslide2, Plato'sCaveDweller and 1 other person
R

rocketman99

Jul 23, 2024
consciousness isn't an illusion, it's an epiphenomenon of the brain. When the brain ceases to function it seems very likely that any sense of self also dies.

The good news is this isn't an experience you can have. It isn't an experience, after all. For me, if I want to get a sense of what death will be like (it won't be like anything) i try to think of what it was like before I was born. It's completely inconceivable to the mind, which is comforting in a way.

• Informative
Reactions: hopemeetshopeless, landslide2, maynoname and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Personally I only wish and hope for non-existence, all I want is to never suffer in this cruel, torturous existence ever again, I believe death to be the permanent absence of all suffering and harm which is all I'd ever wish for, to me existence will always be a terrible, horrific tragedy that just brought pain which is why I only find comfort in death, all I wish for is to never exist again.

• Love
Reactions: hopemeetshopeless, Plato'sCaveDweller and shadow999
BrownNoise

BrownNoise

I cant believe this is how life turned out
Sep 13, 2024
It was nothing but lights out the few times I overdosed.

Reactions: love is abandoned, WhatMightHaveBeen and shadow999
hopemeetshopeless

hopemeetshopeless

Sep 20, 2024
I don't think anyone knows. My most logical conclusion that personally makes sense to me is that it will be exactly like it was before you were born. I think some people imagine it as just being in a dark hole forever. I disagree, I think there is no experience, no consciousness or awareness whatsoever. Your brain stops experiencing through the senses completely. No more seeing, hearing, feeling, tasting or smelling, forever.

Reactions: love is abandoned, Plato'sCaveDweller and shadow999
C

CantDoIt

Mage
Jul 18, 2024
If I could prove that we go somewhere nicer and or that we could choose our afterlife experience I would immediately KMS I think. I have no idea what it's like or what the cessation of consciousness would even mean, practically or otherwise.

Reactions: LifeQuitter and shadow999
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
When the brain dies, you are gone, dead and unconscious until judgment day. At the end of the world whenever that is, on judgment day, you will rise again bodily from the grave or dust. If you believed in Jesus, you will go on living on the new earth in a body that can never die again, feel sorrow, pain or commit sin. If you did not believe, you will be exposed and judged for all your sins and then burned up in the lake of fire and be dead and unconscious forever afterwards, with no chance of rising again ever. That's what I believe, a physical resurrection is the only afterlife.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I believe we go to some other dimension hopefully
I would love for this to be true like into a dimension where I could experience the same life just in that dimension I wouldn´t have any physical or mental illnesses so I could actually enjoy life.

Peculiar to think about, that of all of the infinite dimensions there potentially are I experience life through the one where I´m plagued by all these illnesses.

Reactions: CantDoIt, shadow999 and skylight7
S

skylight7

Aug 16, 2024
What do you think happens when you die?

A big part of me hopes that I actually go into the Archonic light trap and get another chance. I would do anything for another chance at my own life even without any memories of this one. Not exactly reincarnation but just a reset.

Realistically I think there is probably nothing and consciousness is just an illusion, however persistant.

You just got me thinking. If consciousness is an illusion then we are nothing now. Is that right?
I would love for this to be true like into a dimension where I could experience the same life just in that dimension I wouldn´t have any physical or mental illnesses so I could actually enjoy life.

Peculiar to think about, that of all of the infinite dimensions there potentially are I experience life through the one where I´m plagued by all these illnesses.

Good point

Last edited:
Reactions: shadow999 and TheGoodGuy
shadow999

shadow999

Student
Sep 6, 2024
You just got me thinking. If consciousness is an illusion then we are nothing now. Is that right?
I don't necessarily believe this at this point, but that would be correct. I haven't looked into it at all but after someone else said consciousness is a phenomenon of the brain I'm not sure what to think about it. If you don't have consciousness but are alive what do you experience? Part of me does think this is just an illusion though, however persistent. Waking up each day is like having the same dream every night. This is partially why I want to CTB, the monotony of life post psychosis after the disease has destroyed everything while presently experiencing depression. The reason I made this post was because part of me wants a redo at my life, I just wanna make some different choices that would've helped me avoid those diseases so I couod fully enjoy my potentional. Maybe unlikely, but it's not a bad thing to have some hope for imo.

schrei_nach_liebe

schrei_nach_liebe

Experienced
Jul 6, 2023
Every experience I've had treating people in ICUs and my own experiences almost dying or actually having my circulation and respiration totally cease point to absolutely nothing happens except for the body starting to decay the first chance it gets.

Reactions: shadow999
shadow999

shadow999

Student
Sep 6, 2024

Personally going through severe mental illness in my case has made me an athiest. If there was a higher benevolent power there's jusy no reason for someone to suffer like that. I cringe when someone imposes on me that there is a lessom to be learned in the suffering, that's just too cruel for me. I really hope I can experience this life again without psychosis.

Reactions: LifeQuitter and rocketman99
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024

I've had some weird signs that make me believe there is something

Reactions: CantDoIt and shadow999
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
A reading I got that talked about about spirits knowing about my memory loss issues and how it bugged me and my fascination with death and them saying I I should become a death doula on one reading this lady couldnt have known this about me . Another one was a friend that came through and she talked about how I was there at the hospital with him before he passed again no way she could have known that. Another time after a reading with a certain spiritual entity there was a ton of crows in this ladies yard that I go get massages from and I go a lot and it was just once this happened. This sounds nuts but thats my experience

Reactions: CantDoIt
SomewhereAlongThe

SomewhereAlongThe

May 17, 2024
Absolutely nothing. You can't imagine what it's like, the closest you can get is thinking about before birth. It's a state of non-existence. Yet, it's perfect. Happiness is not a concern anymore, neither are bills, hunger, pain, etc. It's the perfect non-existence.

Reactions: Hunter2005, shadow999 and schrei_nach_liebe
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
My near death experiences have always been nothing. Oblivion. Unaware. I find some peace in that. Sometimes I think a positive afterlife like heaven would be nice. I personally believe it is likely just oblivion though.

Reactions: shadow999 and schrei_nach_liebe
Just_Another_Person

Just_Another_Person

Student
Sep 16, 2024
I have no idea, but I hope there is nothing. My biggest fear about ctb is that Heaven and Hell exist and I go to the latter because I kms. Well, I probably would be sent there even if I didn't ctb.

Reactions: shadow999
P

peope_dont_change

Aug 22, 2023
Nothing. It just ends. There is nothing after this.

Reactions: Just_Another_Person, shadow999, Hunter2005 and 1 other person