kilowatt

kilowatt

Guns don't kill people I kill people
Sep 9, 2023
I plan on using the train method. I've been getting straight all of the information I need but this thought still bothers me. What are they gonna do with my device? I read that it's possible for the cops to snoop through apps to check if there were any signs and the death was self-intended, but I think of logging out of every app and just going for it. Whatever, I'm not certain that's how it really works. What I don't plan on touching is my camera roll, because I have a lot of important information saved on there, and just in case I fail, even if the chances are incredibly low, I don't want all of my pictures and memories to be erased. I know it won't matter if I'm dead, but I could say a part of my phone has sentimental value. Would there be any way I can lock certain apps?
For a side notice my phone is locked with a pin code and fingerprint recognition, which I don't plan on changing besides removing the fingerprint part, but even so, I doubt cops wouldn't be able to get in. I have a pretty advanced Samsung, so if any features might help with what I mentioned please let me know.

Reactions: DeadHead and girlsboysthems
A

ae300

Sep 16, 2023
Just leave your phone back! Switch it off! Hide it in a waterproof case somewhere outside, in a place only you know. When you fail and if you are able to use a phone afterwards, you can get it again. In all other cases (success or failure with brain damage), you will never miss your phone again.

Reactions: Slow_Farewell, bunintherug, DeadHead and 5 others
Morgengrauen

Morgengrauen

Sunshine Ward
Sep 10, 2023
It depends on your countries laws and possible reasons that could spark interest in going throught your device after death.
I can only for 100% certainty say about how it is in germany but i guess in (at least western countries) most places they usually do not go throught your phone out of privacy and dignity reasons unless there's evidence that your death was indirectly caused by unlawfull actions by others like cyber bullying for example.

I've also had witnessed family of a friend of mine who ctb trying to get access informations to her social medias via a lawsuit out of suspisions her suicide was caused by online groups but they lost the case because the "evidence" wasn't strong enough to excuse violating her privacy after death.

So if you live in like europe and there being no suspisions of finding evidence that could link to a crime your phone remains untouched after passing.

• Love
Reactions: bigwomanbigwoman123, kilowatt, raindrop9 and 2 others
kilowatt

kilowatt

Sep 9, 2023
Just leave your phone back! Switch it off! Hide it in a waterproof case somewhere outside, in a place only you know. When you fail and if you are able to use a phone afterwards, you can get it again. In all other cases (success or failure with brain damage), you will never miss your phone again.
I was thinking of leaving a few goodbye lines to my online friends before I actually do it, as I have an entire 1 hour walk to the place before I'm actually able to CTB. My plan also involves my girlfriend covering for me since I'll be gone for the night, thing my mom wouldn't accept unless I went someplace she knows of, so communicating with her might be necessary tho I won't be disclosing any of my plans with her, probably just a little goodbye with barely any context. The best option when hiding it would be making a little secret pocket in my backpack just big enough to cover my phone.
It depends on your countries laws and possible reasons that could spark interest in going throught your device after death.
I can only for 100% certainty say about how it is in germany but i guess in (at least western countries) most places they usually do not go throught your phone out of privacy and dignity reasons unless there's evidence that your death was indirectly caused by unlawfull actions by others like cyber bullying for example.

I've also had witnessed family of a friend of mine who ctb trying to get access informations to her social medias via a lawsuit out of suspisions her suicide was caused by online groups but they lost the case because the "evidence" wasn't strong enough to excuse violating her privacy after death.

So if you live in like europe and there being no suspisions of finding evidence that could link to a crime your phone remains untouched after passing.
I do live in Europe, more precisely in Romania, but I'm thinking bringing letters with me would be a good enough evidence it was a suicide. At least I hope so. Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: bunintherug and Morgengrauen
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
Salut @kilowatt! Buna intrebare! Good question! You made me aware of this well. So of course there are the two options: either they will check your phone or they won't. Whatever you want to keep private you can upload to a Cloud Storage. I suggest pCloud since the information there is encrypted and no one who doesn't have your login details will be able to access it. They have a phone app as well. Save whatever you want to save there and share your login credentials with whoever you want to.

Iti doresc succes!

Reactions: Sid19
kilowatt

kilowatt

Sep 9, 2023
Salut @kilowatt! Buna intrebare! Good question! You made me aware of this well. So of course there are the two options: either they will check your phone or they won't. Whatever you want to keep private you can upload to a Cloud Storage. I suggest pCloud since the information there is encrypted and no one who doesn't have your login details will be able to access it. They have a phone app as well. Save whatever you want to save there and share your login credentials with whoever you want to.

Iti doresc succes!
Multumesc!! Apreciez mult si mersi de ajutor:heart:

• Love
Reactions: Hardtime and Blue Elephant
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
Pentru putin! Imi pare rau ca nu pot sa fac mai mult.

• Love
Reactions: Hardtime and kilowatt
Mäximum

Mäximum

All the effort for nothing...
Apr 5, 2023
There is a way to bruteforce a phone without knowing the password, so it's possible to unlock your phone and look through your apps. As for my phone and my data, I will try to delete every account I can think of and when I don't succeed with my method I can reactivate most if them easily.
I also like the idea of ae300. To just bury your device somewhere in the woods and dig it up later if you failed your attempt. I will consider it.

• Love
Reactions: Slow_Farewell, Sid19 and kilowatt
Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
They will use it to identify you and that's all they can use it for. Always take stuff they can identify you with if you're planning to CTB.

• Love
Reactions: raindrop9, Sid19 and kilowatt
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Can you backup your picture and other files to some other device unlikely to be examined and then destroy your phone?

• Love
Reactions: kilowatt, raindrop9 and _apathetic
A

_apathetic

Not my mother tongue, sorry.
Oct 1, 2023
Can you backup your picture and other files to some other device unlikely to be examined and then destroy your phone?
The solution I'm thinking of now is to back up the important stuff on GDrive, and then log in on another device.

• Love
Reactions: kilowatt
Ashe

Ashe

Born to suffer for others
Sep 20, 2023
I was thinking of just factory resetting mine so it would be practically useless that way.

Reactions: Slow_Farewell
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
@kilowatt Of course after you upload whatever you want (to preserve) to the cloud you can always Clear Data for that specific app and then uninstall it. They can't look for data if they don't know that you used a certain app to backup because the app in question is not there for them to see. Also like @Ashyarrows said you can go further and Reset the phone to Factory Settings. I think, I hope this should be enough.

Reactions: kilowatt
A

ae300

Sep 16, 2023
I was thinking of leaving a few goodbye lines to my online friends before I actually do it, as I have an entire 1 hour walk to the place before I'm actually able to CTB. My plan also involves my girlfriend covering for me since I'll be gone for the night, thing my mom wouldn't accept unless I went someplace she knows of
In my opinion, a very risky plan which should be reconsidered!

Reactions: Lys_C15H25N3O_d3 and Blue Elephant
iamsofkntired

iamsofkntired

Neither death can do us apart
Sep 28, 2023
yes the cops will take it and they will snoop through it and they will snoop through your body also , i lost my bf about 3 months ago and we still didn't get his phone back

• Aww..
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Lys_C15H25N3O_d3, kilowatt, nothingbutmybest and 1 other person
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
yes the cops will take it and they will snoop through it and they will snoop through your body also , i lost my bf about 3 months ago and we still didn't get his phone back
What!? Thanks for the heads up, I will plan accordingly.

A

ae300

Sep 16, 2023
Not only that, it is also possible to search your house and confiscate your computer in order to carry out IT forensic work on it.

girlsboysthems

girlsboysthems

no i dont have a gun
Dec 19, 2022
theyll take it as evidence, to check for any foul play, and i think if you have an iphone they actually might not be able to access it, even if you die.

Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
@ae300 and @iamsofkntired Alright but these are personal effects. It's not right!

Hm.. Maybe I should reset/format everything before I CTB then. I have already stored all my data in the cloud.

Reactions: iamsofkntired
nothingbutmybest

nothingbutmybest

Student
May 1, 2023
On a samsung you can only encrypt the SD card but anything more than a passcode is overkill. Police (or at least in the US) do confiscate your phone for a long time because it is classified as evidence and they can use your fingerprints, even if it is incredibly unethical. If they need to, they could also approach companies to look at your data even if your phone is secure though they probably wouldn't go that far unless they suspected foul play.

If you're planning on getting killed by a train, please do not!!!! (Unless there's some other definition of train I'm missing.) To be entirely honest, suicidal goodbye lines are incredibly easy to recognize so I hope you're ready for when they recognize it because they will.

kilowatt

kilowatt

Sep 9, 2023
In my opinion, a very risky plan which should be reconsidered!
Can you elaborate? The last lines I plan on sending would be minutes before I actually CTB. No one knows I'm suicidal nor would I hint I plan on doing anything to harm myself. Probably just a cheesy paragraph or 2 about how much I love them. I'd have everything written beforehand. My girlfriend covering for me is the best (and most likely only) option I have on hand. I don't wish to directly involve her or anyone else.
On a samsung you can only encrypt the SD card but anything more than a passcode is overkill. Police (or at least in the US) do confiscate your phone for a long time because it is classified as evidence and they can use your fingerprints, even if it is incredibly unethical. If they need to, they could also approach companies to look at your data even if your phone is secure though they probably wouldn't go that far unless they suspected foul play.

If you're planning on getting killed by a train, please do not!!!! (Unless there's some other definition of train I'm missing.) To be entirely honest, suicidal goodbye lines are incredibly easy to recognize so I hope you're ready for when they recognize it because they will.
I have my plan laid out straight aswell as the exact date, but thanks for your concern. I've taken into consideration pretty much all possibilities and details. The goodbye lines would be planned beforehand and only be sent minutes before the train arrives, so even if anyone realizes it'd be too late, they would also not be able to get my location for a good while. I do appreciate any suggestion or advice tho.
Not only that, it is also possible to search your house and confiscate your computer in order to carry out IT forensic work on it.
My computer I plan to break or factory reset. But it's pretty old and broken, I doubt it'll even last until I CTB. All I worry about is the phone I'll be carrying on me.
Could you tell me what country that happened in?

Last edited:
Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
It really depends on your country if they attempt to look through it or not. If you live in Europe it's unlikely, in the US and UK, very likely.
Best you can do is set a password that can't be guessed generate a random one, write it down in one of your old class notes or something similar.
And turn off your phone, I think phones these days encrypt data, but it's only encrypted when your phone is off, also remove your fingerprint obviously.
And then hide your phone somewhere outside in a waterproof bag, or leave it with someone you can trust to not give it away who'll recycle it for you in a few months.

• Love
Reactions: Blue Elephant, Lys_C15H25N3O_d3 and kilowatt
kilowatt

kilowatt

Sep 9, 2023
It really depends on your country if they attempt to look through it or not. If you live in Europe it's unlikely, in the US and UK, very likely.
Best you can do is set a password that can't be guessed generate a random one, write it down in one of your old class notes or something similar.
And turn off your phone, I think phones these days encrypt data, but it's only encrypted when your phone is off, also remove your fingerprint obviously.
And then hide your phone somewhere outside in a waterproof bag, or leave it with someone you can trust to not give it away who'll recycle it for you in a few months.
Thank you a lot for the information and suggestions

• Love
Reactions: Kasumi
A

ae300

Sep 16, 2023
@ae300 and @iamsofkntired Alright but these are personal effects. It's not right!

Hm.. Maybe I should reset/format everything before I CTB then. I have already stored all my data in the cloud.
The procedure for securing IT- based evidence is described in countless textbooks on forensic medicine. And one also contained a statistic showing in which country and how often confiscations take place in case of suicide. 4 to 80 % it was.
Restetting phone, okay. Format a hard disk is not nearly enough, the hard disk must be completely overwritten with zeros or random numbers. This will be overwhelming for many, so its better to remove the hard disk and take it with you. Put it on the phone (switched off) and bury it somewhere waterproofed. When you absolutely have to send messages to people at the scene short before, than get a fresh ( without personal data ) prepaid phone. It the easiest way. And if you get a call before (mommy calls), you will forward the call to the new phone since the old phone is turned off.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Informative
Reactions: sash, Blue Elephant and Lys_C15H25N3O_d3
Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
The procedure for securing IT- based evidence is described in countless textbooks on forensic medicine. And one also contained a statistic showing in which country and how often confiscations take place in case of suicide. 4 to 80 % it was.
Restetting phone, okay. Format a hard disk is not nearly enough, the hard disk must be completely overwritten with zeros or random numbers. This will be overwhelming for many, so its better to remove the hard disk and take it with you. Put it on the phone (switched off) and bury it somewhere waterproofed. When you absolutely have to send messages to people at the scene short before, than get a fresh ( without personal data ) prepaid phone. It the easiest way. And if you get a call before (mommy calls), you will forward the call to the new phone since the old phone is turned off.
full wiping a drive is as difficult as one google search and copy pasting one command it gives you.

• Love
Reactions: kilowatt and Lys_C15H25N3O_d3
A

ae300

Sep 16, 2023
As easy as finding ctb-related things in a search engine or book, but see yourself, the forum is full of calls for help where this doesn't work.

FailerQt.

FailerQt.

Crazy bish
Mar 17, 2023
Tbh, I actually hope they'll do that.

A

ae300

Sep 16, 2023
of course is also a good opportunity to leave a final message or to point the finger at people who drove you to a certain action

• Informative
  • Yay!
Reactions: Blue Elephant and Lys_C15H25N3O_d3
Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Student
Sep 19, 2023
full wiping a drive is as difficult as one google search and copy pasting one command it gives you.
Exactly, that's a reason why there were some "known incidents" where "high-profile individuals" would rather just smash their hard drives/notebooks with hammers and maybe even douse in fire.

This is a thread of huge importance to everyone, even for those who might not care about what happens to them.

Man, as someone who had a brief 7 hours course on forensic pharmacology i've gotta admit. you are totally correct when it comes to that. it might be not common knowledge but for those who think "it doesn't matter", just a quick refreshing question: where did the internet came from? what was its initial purpose? why can "common civilians" download any cracked software which recovers fragments that , although "corrupted beyond repair" can help bring up metadata on hash for example ?

It's no wonder that K9 are being used to retrieve flash drives, hard disks.. i think the only way to truly erase something (and that's not even 100% guaranted since "everything is hooked up" would be total physical destruction.

I've found this forum not through that so-called video (which i didn't watch but i bet my last pack of smokes its as stupid as the NYT.) but through a scientific article that suggested an increase in of suicides during the "pandemic" previously In more than a week i've "seen" people joining and departing. Is it concerning? a lot.

some don't even give themselves time to think (How can the people on the "frontline" the ones called names, the ones who are harassed) just how can they be responsible for everyone's actions here? especially if it's probably being targeted by bad actors (let's say someone joins in, sets their anime/manga avatar, in stupid attempts of blend in, simulate a dramatic scenario to make anyone say anything stupid but enough to acquire a pretext to "grab the torches and pitchforks and let the witchhunt begin?"

Thinking more. newbie members are not even needed, a no-brainer false flag could be enough. Its Overwhelming just to think the amount of stress and work mods have (not to mention that, above all we re still human, its not easy dealing when people "come and go" fast. Thats not the purpose. i've been here for what 2 weeks? that's what i've seen so far.

iamsofkntired

iamsofkntired

Neither death can do us apart
Sep 28, 2023

Yes but thet can re-download and get everything back best way is to hide it someplace you never go to like a small shop or something just say you need to keep it for someone

• Hugs
Reactions: Sun_