M

Monkeybutt

Jun 17, 2020
I was wondering, what happens after you ctb, but you don't have family or friends? Is there still a service? I live in Texas. Will I even get a casket?

No family, no friends here. Just curious. I only have a mom and a brother but I don't think they will come. My brother is in another state and Texas is big and my mom is fat with a tiny car, like a woman in a clown car, so I doubt she will come :(. I'm still looking for a shotgun. So far the dealers aren't replying, so I'm starting to consider buying a pistol. Wish me luck I guess.
Does anyone else care what their funeral is like?

Btw, if I could find an affordable shotgun I'd be dead by now

Reactions: falloutcarter13, Meditation guide and Rocket1Rocket1
Belit667

Belit667

Experienced
Aug 2, 2020
Don't worry about the funeral. Once you're dead, you're dead. You'll probably get some lousy state funeral.

Reactions: VabeniPokojneTmy, Meditation guide, checkouttime and 1 other person
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
I couldn't care if i was tossed with the garbage as id be dead!!! although when my dad passed he was cremated and we have a plot for 3 people i think it is

Im not USA but i imagine you get one from the government?

Belit667

Belit667

Experienced
Aug 2, 2020
Yes, most of the countries provide some lousy funeral service for the lonely ones.

Klee

Klee

Never play cards with a magician.
Apr 19, 2020
A few months ago I cared deeply about this topic and always had - a control freak, even in death.
Now, I couldn't less care less if they threw me in a dumpster.

I am positive that your family still care for you, and would arrange your funeral.
I've seen videos on YouTube of services for people with no next of kin, so I'm sure you would have a service of some sort.

*edited as I'm tired & can't spell.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: VabeniPokojneTmy, CarbonMonoxide and Belit667
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I was wondering, what happens after you ctb, but you don't have family or friends? Is there still a service? I live in Texas. Will I even get a casket?

No family, no friends here. Just curious. I only have a mom and a brother but I don't think they will come. My brother is in another state and Texas is big and my mom is fat with a tiny car, like a woman in a clown car, so I doubt she will come :(. I'm still looking for a shotgun. So far the dealers aren't replying, so I'm starting to consider buying a pistol. Wish me luck I guess.

Don't specifically care about my funeral but I do want to get cremated

Belit667

Belit667

Experienced
Aug 2, 2020
Make a will, say you want to be cremated.
How old are you? 20? Fuck this shit! You will survive this lousy virus, don't give up so easily. It's 70+ oldies who die.
Horns up!

T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
I don't care. I won't be there (alive) so it doesn't matter to me. The only think that I want is to end my life.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nunyabinniss and Worthless_nobody
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Its totally natural to have thoughts like this. People who die without a way to pay for a funeral or next of kin are either buried or cremated, it varies by state and then by county within that state. Where I live, people who die with less than $3,300 in assets or savings are cremated and their ashes "scattered at sea" (which, from what I can tell, is a nice way of saying they throw your ass off the bridge.) In many places, they'll still bury you in a basic casket, although the grave is commonly unmarked with any personal details, not even your name. And I can't find any examples of anyone dying in this way ever having a service of any kind.

I have family that will insist on buying an elaborate funeral when I ctb, I've decided against even trying to talk them out of it in my last letters. But I wish they'd toss me off the bridge tbh, I've already cost them enough money and heartache in my life.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere, Nunyabinniss and Worthless_nobody
PJFord

PJFord

Student
Jul 27, 2020
You should have a will that details your wishes. You can find online apps to put together free wills. Mine clearly states cremation (I've already paid for the contract with a local mortuary) and don't want any services or announcements. I want my ashes scattered in my favorite redwood grove. If my siblings want to gather after for a party, that's fine. I'm far too excited of CTB and the journey to have any interest in wanting a memorial service. People just let me go and move on with their lives.

Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
I think they would contact your next of kin to handle it. If nobody claims the remains then probably a potter's field somewhere unless they have some other method.

Nunyabinniss

Nunyabinniss

Mar 23, 2019

What do you mean the dealers aren't replying? You could always buy a shotgun off of a third-party private individual if the dealer won't sell you guns due to something on your record or otherwise. In my state there are a couple websites that kind of work like craigslist but better for guns and that's where I buy a lot of them off of people used generally I go for the good deals where it's like an angry ex sells their partners firearms for way less than they know that there value truly is. Shock and should be way easier to find than a pistol and much more affordable and definitely the pic and way to go if you're going to catch the bus with a firearm- it packs by far the most potential kinetic energy. Anywho good luck And if you have any questions regarding firearms or ballistics feel free to hit me up. Have a good day and good luck.

Runrunaway

Apathy's Girl

Apathy's Girl

Student
Jul 20, 2020
You can donate your body. In my state you mark if your an organ donor on your driver's license. Not sure how it's done in Texas. It all depends on how soon someone can find you. Even if they can't use your organs a university may be able to use your body for training purposes. Often whole cadavers aren't purchased (no need to worry about the head) it really depends on what course is being taught to the med students. I know it sounds kind of ghoulish but something good and productive can come out of death. That's my plan anyway.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I have family, but if I didn't, I suppose I would be just thrown into a morgue and then the state will deal with it however they wish to. Personally, I don't care as I would be dead and gone, unable to care even if I wanted to. I would be at peace for good, no more suffering, no more pleasure, just eternal void.

H

Homecoming

Wizard
Aug 14, 2020
I won't miss anything I left behind (including such toxic, incredibly stupid dysfunctional family!)

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993
T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020
I've left a note requesting no funeral, and I'll be donating my body to science so my family won't go broke burying me

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I don't know what would happen with my body or what services would be held, if any. I would rather have no funeral and I would also prefer to be cremated than buried, but I'm not too bothered either way because, well, I'll be dead.

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I don't want a funeral. I'm a nobody, so it will be a waste of time holding a service for me when I'll be forgotten a few days/weeks after.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I care not for a funeral and whatever survivors do with my corpse is up to them. Of course, if I could control what happens after death, personally, I would rather just be buried, cremated, shipped to sea, or whatever and no need for a funeral. I just want people to accept that this is my choice and mine alone.