junesloy

junesloy

Jun 19, 2023
will i get reincarnated in a different body just to life another different life, or is it just plain nothingness?

• Hugs
Reactions: lonelywander
figure8

figure8

The sun goes down
Jul 17, 2023
There's only one way to find out. I think there's nothing after death, but ultimately, it doesn't matter at all, at least to me. It's a problem of the dead me. I'm sure whatever there is, it's better than living in this meat cage. Even if it's just black void.

void ranger

void ranger

Lost in time
Jul 8, 2023
Most likely there will be no "you" to speak of after the fact, so it's sort of meaningless to think about what will happen to you. The last things you will experience will be the moments just before total brain death, but what happens in consciousness during those moments will depend on the person and type of death. There's no way to know for sure without going through it, but it's possible that time might slow down to the point of infinity, you might find eternal peace and bliss or you might go through some freaky multidimensional realms. You could also just get cut off.
Anything could happen really, but once you're gone, you're gone and will be gone for the rest of time in this instance of the universe. At the same time you will remain engraved in the fabric of spacetime forever as no information can ever truly be lost and time is not linear. You might dissolve into everything and become nothing, or the other way around, or both at once. I get so lost every time I try to comprehend it though, so here's a good quote I resonate with that's quite simple and does the job:

"The day of our death is the birth of eternity"
And eternity has two sides - ∞ and 0

You can go a bit crazy if you think about it too much, but one thing's for sure:
When we die we transcend spacetime and go back to the singularity of infinite possibility

Reactions: MissionSucksAssFul
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I very strongly believe we just cease existing after we leave this world and there is simply nothingness for all eternity, we are completely unaware of everything. Such a thing certainly is the only relief for me as to die means freedom from this hellish reality, it's the permanent absence of all suffering.

Reactions: Hennessy
L

lonelywander

Jul 15, 2023
I believe in life after death. A lot of people here don't. I believe not only because of my religion, but experiences I've had throughout life. Whether or not it's better on the other side, I certainly hope so.
What do you believe?

StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
I'm not sure. I want to believe that it's nothing, as it would be the ultimate peace for me, but I can't ignore the paranormal experiences I've had.

Aizwrath

Aizwrath

A Star's Guidance
Jul 18, 2023
I'll just say that I'd like to believe this will all be worth something in the end.

Reactions: MiraiShisen
A

aGoodDayToDie

Arcanist
Jun 30, 2023
Our minds are just machines that create the illusion of consciousness. It's just self awareness taken to an extreme within a massive data processing machine. Kill the brain, you lose consciousness. Stop the brain, you lose consciousness. It's as clear as day to me that once we die, that's it for our minds. The end. The trillions of connections in our brain that make us who we are get lost, never again to be repeated in this universe.

If there are infinite multiverses though, then we'll exist an infinite number of times, but as separate individuals, clones in a way. But just like twins don't have a shared consciousness, those clones would be separate individuals. Once we die, we will never experience anything again. Thank fuck.

ForsakenShadow

ForsakenShadow

Jul 22, 2023
I would assume it feels the same way you felt before you were born - just nothing