A

Alex6216

Mage
Apr 19, 2022
True but making N legal could probably also benefit a few lazy homicides as well as the suicides. It might not be many but it would probably happen enough to deter people.
Make N taste bad/distinct so no one poisons someones drink with it.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Make N taste bad/distinct so no one poisons someones drink with it.
N already does taste quite bad enough but so do a lot of poisons. It's probably not the best murder method but like I said it would only need to happen a few times for it to go back to being illegal again.

Reactions: Fragile
A

Alex6216

Mage
Apr 19, 2022
N already does taste quite bad enough but so do a lot of poisons. It's probably not the best murder method but like I said it would only need to happen a few times for it to go back to being illegal again.
How come no one poisons someones drink with bleach or any other acid we have available?
It's because people will realise what they're drinking is poison due to the distinct smell, you could do something similar for N

Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
How come no one poisons someones drink with bleach or any other acid we have available?
It's because people will realise what they're drinking is poison due to the distinct smell, you could do something similar for N
You have no idea how awful it tastes, It also has a strong chemical smell. It would be pointless to put a bitterant in its composition.

N is not a murder drug, unless you want to poison someone who has no sense of taste or smell. And even then it's very likely that they vomit immediately.

Reactions: Alex6216
A

Alex6216

Mage
Apr 19, 2022
You have no idea how awful it tastes, It also has a strong chemical smell. It would be pointless to put a bitterant in its composition.

N is not a murder drug, unless you want to poison someone who has no sense of taste or smell. And even then it's very likely that they vomit immediately.
Yes I know. I was responding to Dr Iron Arc who asked about murder cases involving N

Atlantian

Atlantian

May 25, 2022
Theory: the world can't exist without people like them. They keep the world running. We made it to the moon and created this wonderful civilization because the higherups are sociopathic leaders. They are the queen bees and neurotypicals are the workers. And humanity will continue to evolve in a way that sheds its human traits (metaverse, a.I., etc) with their help. Its simple evolution but its for the greater good. If they decided to be empathetic by sharing their resources with common folk, it would result in stunted growth. What's more important to you?

Last edited:
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
Theory: the world can't exist without people like them. They keep the world running. We made it to the moon and created this wonderful civilization because the higherups are sociopathic leaders. They are the queen bees and neurotypicals are the workers. And humanity will continue to evolve in a way that sheds its human traits (metaverse, a.I., etc) with their help. Its simple evolution but its for the greater good. If they decided to be empathetic by sharing their resources with common folk, it would result in stunted growth. What's more important to you?
If you look at human history, you will see that the first discoveries and technologies were created in a more collaborative way. Most of the amazing things over which our society was built over were created this way and we can't even attribute a creator to them.

Things like control over fire, the wheel, methods to extract water from the soil, working with clay, building bricks and houses, bridges, agricultural methods, and so many others were (and still are) shared knowledge, Just think about how much development occurred since the early humans to those agriculture-based tribes (I lack a better name for it). These things may look like simple stuff for us today, but they definitely weren't for someone born back then. THey were the work of several years of investigation and experience.

The advanced technology we have today was developed in a world already shaped by the socioeconomic model you describe and it's just natural that they played their role. However, that doesn't mean and doesn't prove that we could have done the same in a different model. Perhaps, we could even have done better.

Atlantian

Atlantian

May 25, 2022
If you look at human history, you will see that the first discoveries and technologies were created in a more collaborative way. Most of the amazing things over which our society was built over were created this way and we can't even attribute a creator to them.

Things like control over fire, the wheel, methods to extract water from the soil, working with clay, building bricks and houses, bridges, agricultural methods, and so many others were (and still are) shared knowledge, Just think about how much development occurred since the early humans to those agriculture-based tribes (I lack a better name for it). These things may look like simple stuff for us today, but they definitely weren't for someone born back then. THey were the work of several years of investigation and experience.

The advanced technology we have today was developed in a world already shaped by the socioeconomic model you describe and it's just natural that they played their role. However, that doesn't mean and doesn't prove that we could have done the same in a different model. Perhaps, we could even have done better.
I see your point but it seems you might have justifiably misinterpreted my comment because of poor clarification. I wasn't trying to say that sociopath's possible selfishness is the sole reason the world is the way it is. They simply contributed. I was basically making an overall point that billionaires sociopathic behavior is a good thing for the greater good. It pushes society forward. And this type of elite behavior has helped us innovate society.

Could we do better or worse without them? I don't know. But basically, the world we have now exists because of their contributions.

Last edited:
Reactions: chocolatebar
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
I see your point but dont fully comprehend the directiom youre going with it. Can you clarify your point?
Sure. I mean that our society structured itself over the years based on some key ideas like the need for entrepreneurs and credit to push in the direction of innovation, but, if we look at the ancient past, people were innovating even when living in small groups or tribes. When it comes to the question "are billionaires needed to achieve high technology?", we can't say that they're needed, because we don't know how things could have been if we lived in a different society.

Atlantian

Atlantian

May 25, 2022
Sure. I mean that our society structured itself over the years based on some key ideas like the need for entrepreneurs and credit to push in the direction of innovation, but, if we look at the ancient past, people were innovating even when living in small groups or tribes. When it comes to the question "are billionaires needed to achieve high technology?", we can't say that they're needed, because we don't know how things could have been if we lived in a different society.
This isn't about alternative realities. And stop putting words in my mouth. I type very clearly on purpose to avoid arguments over semantics.

In my original comment, I said if billionaires including the elite changed their behaviors to be more empathetic, we wouldn't have what we have today. Basically, if they donated all their money right now, things would be different. And you dont want to take chances ezperimenting with thatm enjoy what you have.

That's not to say we could do better. Or couldn't do it without them. Its not about speculation
I'm just saying that this is why the world is. Its a statement

Last edited:
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
This isn't about alternative realities. And stop putting words in my mouth. I type very clearly on purpose to avoid arguments over semantics.

In my original comment, I said if billionaires including the elite changed their behaviors to be more empathetic, we wouldn't have what we have today. Basically, if they donated all their money right now, things would be different. And you dont want to take chances ezperimenting with thatm enjoy what you have.

That's not to say we could do better. Or couldn't do it without them. Its not about speculation
I'm just saying that this is why the world is. Its a statement
Oh my...
If we're going to get angry over it, we better stop right here

Atlantian

Atlantian

May 25, 2022
Oh my...
If we're going to get angry over it, we better stop right here
I already stopped it with my last reply and we both know it. You're talking to a sociopath so I suggest you think because I'll always end up on top

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
created this wonderful civilization because the higherups are sociopathic leaders. They are the queen bees and neurotypicals are the workers. And humanity will continue to evolve in a way that sheds its human traits (metaverse, a.I., etc) with their help. Its simple evolution but its for the greater good. If they decided to be empathetic by sharing their resources with common folk, it would result in stunted growth. What's more important to you?
Space travel hasn't progressed at all since the historical lunar landing of 1969... Instead, they created tiny computers that fit on our hands and make the transition to a "plugged to a simulation" timeline very likely.

Just going off that I can confidently say the elite isn't propelling society forward in the sense you allude to but are obviously working for some kind of Alex Jonesque supernatural force that is feeding off humans or molding them for unknown reasons (it's safe to assume these reasons involve using or consuming us). And this involves merging humans with tech/simulations on top of a police state.

Atlantian

Atlantian

May 25, 2022
Space travel hasn't progressed at all since the historical lunar landing of 1969... Instead, they created tiny computers that fit on our hands and make the transition to a "plugged to a simulation" timeline very likely.

Just going off that I can confidently say the elite isn't propelling society forward in the sense you allude to but are obviously working for some kind of Alex Jonesque supernatural force that is feeding off humans or molding them for unknown reasons (it's safe to assume these reasons involve using or consuming us). And this involves merging humans with tech/simulations on top of a police state.
You have a very interesting theory, I've considered the possibility that most humans are simply pawn, cattle if you choose, that are being preyed on by superior beings (psycho and sociopaths, aliens, etc.). And when you consider the parasitic nature of humans, its very possible we're being controlled

Reactions: whatevs and akana
symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
Maybe actually fix the fucked up climate. Drive major systematic reforms to protect the environment for the benefit of all humanity.

catowice

catowice

I'm not from katowice!
Jun 17, 2022
If you want some positive vibes (so-called), then African soccer players in Europe generally does a lot to help their country.

If you want something less so then we all could've done something.

But then if billionaires were so nice then there would be no billionaires (as they'd have donated all their assets)

Graham

Graham

Student
May 28, 2022

Have thought this many times - and what our bullshit UK Queen could do

The rich get richer while the poor get poorer

Greedy Cunts
Not as much as some people seem to think, many billionaires already donate most of their money, and it barely helps.

Solving problems by burning money is very rarely a solution, it's much more complex than simply "solving the world hunger UwU" especially with corruption being so prevalent in many places. The only realistic thing that would happen is that the political class would get even richer and far more removed from reality.

If a billionaire wants to bung me a million it would solve 90% of my problems immediately

I can work on the rest

Jobs / money have fucked my life up more than anything else

settheory

settheory

Bundle of perceptions
Jul 29, 2021
What good could non-billionaires accomplish if they gave a shit? Billionaires and other elites are full of shit, but "ordinary people" are no less so.

Reactions: Fragile and Rapière
D

deformedface

Jun 26, 2022
They could give universal basic income so theres less poverty and money worries. would help mental illness too