cytokinestorm

cytokinestorm

Apr 19, 2020
I've seen that other people have experienced failed hanging attempts. I have watched hanging videos on the net and it looks pretty straightforward and the people seem to be unconscious after a minute or so.

I keep thinking about this form of going, but I'm scared that it fails and I can't end up like a vegetable. If I decide to go, I need to go.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue? My attempt to obtain mental health and adhd help has failed and I'm thinking that if this depression isn't treatable, I can't continue.

• Hugs
Reactions: Loner, imjustanemptyshell, Spyware and 2 others
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Most of the failed hanging are partia. In full hanging there is little chance of falling. I think the videos you watched are full hanging. Right?

In full, most ppl loss consciousness before 15 seconds. If you have a strong rope and anchor point, and enough time (20-30 minutes) then you won't fail. But its still a scary method. Kicking the chair/stool is scary.

• Love
Reactions: GarageKarate07, imjustanemptyshell, cytokinestorm and 1 other person
cytokinestorm

cytokinestorm

Apr 19, 2020
Most of the failed hanging are partia. In full hanging there is little chance of falling. I think the videos you watched are full hanging. Right?

In full, most ppl loss consciousness before 15 seconds. If you have a strong rope and anchor point, and enough time (20-30 minutes) then you won't fail. But its still a scary method. Kicking the chair/stool is scary.

Thank you. Tbh, I haven't been thinking about partial hanging. The videos I watch do have a chair which is then kicked away. I can understand that partial hanging would present some difficulties.

The people I have known who've killed themselves all did it by full hanging. It seems a reliable, if scary method.

Reactions: death137
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Full is significantly more reliable, as you don't have the option to change your mind. I honestly just think hanging my full body weight by my neck sounds scary and painful, and if it's not positioned right you're not going to just pass out you're going to choke to death and there will be no way of going back. That's why I prefer a partial there is the option to change one's mind or reposition.

Reactions: Pookie, Cakes, cytokinestorm and 1 other person
P

polarbear

attention seeking bi-polar
Oct 11, 2020
can a ceiling fan hold my weight? i weigh about 155

cytokinestorm

cytokinestorm

Apr 19, 2020
can a ceiling fan hold my weight? i weigh about 155

It depends on how well it's attached. I've seen videos with people using ceiling fans and they didn't come down, but you'd need to be sure. Check the attachments and maybe hang something heavyish from it. Bear in mind that you might struggle initially which will put a strain on the fan.

Reactions: polarbear
C

Cakes

She/Her
Oct 25, 2020
I'm really torn myself between partial or full. Full is scary but seems more likely to do the job.. plus I'm worries if I place the knot wrong and just choke to death..

Reactions: cytokinestorm
cytokinestorm

cytokinestorm

Apr 19, 2020
I'm really torn myself between partial or full. Full is scary but seems more likely to do the job.. plus I'm worries if I place the knot wrong and just choke to death..

Just do tons of research on how to position the rope for a full hanging. I did it impulsively and it just made my head feel like it was going to explode. There are techniques for doing it properly.

Reactions: kite and Cakes
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Unless you get found to early there's not really a big change of failing full suspension, unless the rope or whatever the person is using breaks

P

polarbear

attention seeking bi-polar
Oct 11, 2020
Just do tons of research on how to position the rope for a full hanging. I did it impulsively and it just made my head feel like it was going to explode. There are techniques for doing it properly.
what type of rope is best for complete/ partial ?

N

NitiYari

Jan 22, 2021
I tried and felt that my head was going to explode and my jaw hurt a lot. Do you know how to fix it?

wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
if i do partial and im not found will most like work I live by my self