lixt

lixt

Entropy guides me until death reaches me.
Dec 14, 2023
In your opinion what gives death meaning?

Reactions: Circles
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Aside from our personal reasons wanting to die nothing is eternal. Maybe the universe is eternal but everything inside the universe is determined and will die (=come to an end) sooner or later.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I don't think death as a process necessarily has meaning. It's something that happens naturally because we are organic beings that eventually fail.

Of course, the circumstances I suppose could give it meaning. A firefighter giving their life to save another dies a hero. Countless animals are slaughtered everyday so people can have a nice meal. Some people suicide in protest to something. Others hang on for as long as they can out of some religious obligation, or obligation to their families.

I suppose we can give our own death meaning and we can attribute meaning to the deaths of others. As a thing though- it's just like yawning or sleeping or blinking- it's something that is unavoidable because we have a mortal body.

C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
I'm convinced literally everything in this existence is completely meaningless and trying to find any meaning behind it all is completely pointless. Death to me is something you cannot reason with and thus there is nothing meaningful about it. Sure people can say things like that it's better to die than be alive forever or find some other way to cope with the meaninglessness void that death ultimately is. Trust me I'd love there to something meaningful about death or anything else in this cold hearted empty existence, but the universe doesn't care what we wish for as it's indifferent to all our suffering and desires.

Reactions: divinemistress36
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
To me my Death means the end of all pain, all suffering , all struggles, all worries, all problems forever , to me because i wont exist anymore.

The solving of all my problems the elimination of all threats against me forever because after death is non-existence forever

I didn't have any problems nor did I want to be born for 13.8 billion years before was born. I didn't want nor need anything all that time. I didn't have the slightest discomfort for 13.8 billion years I didn't exist before I was born

The problems began for me when I was birthed into this evil world as a small animal that is under threats of unbearable pain

The only meaningful things are those that move me towards non-existence. Because that is the only way to avoid unbearable pain , solve all my problems , get out of this prison world which I detest .... And much more

To me just the horror of my consciousness being trapped in the body of a small animal is horrifying. And this consciousness developed only in this brain and that this consciousness can suffer unbearable pain is an abomination not "Wonderful" or "beautiful" as they continually say

Last edited:
Reactions: divinemistress36 and Ontwon
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me đź’™
Nov 1, 2023
It doesn't need meaning. Many things in life have no purpose. Like bed bugs. They exist persistently anyways.

• Yay!
Reactions: Abyssal and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It doesn't need meaning. Many things in life have no purpose. Like bed bugs. They exist persistently anyways.

I think I've been bitten by bed bugs in the past. Those little buggers were on a mission! They certainly seemed to believe in their own meaning- get as much blood before we're discovered guys!

• Yay!
Reactions: penguinl0v3s
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I just see death as inevitable, it's all we are destined for after all and the inevitability of nothingness is all that comforts me. I wouldn't really see death as meaningful exactly but rather it's just expected, like we are all just waiting to die, I see existence as a process of slowly dying where every second is one second closer to death. And then eventually all we know will be forgotten about like we never existed at all, as we will simply cease existing which is all that's ideal to me, I very much envy those who are eternally free from having the ability to exist.

Reactions: divinemistress36
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Like @Forever Sleep said, its not the process of dying that gives it any meaning, it's the context how it affected the people left behind. For the firefighter example, the meaning of their death is acknowledged by the people they saves, same as the first responders, etc.

For people who want to CTB, we often attach meaning to it. We want it to mean peace, or at the very least, a relief to suffering, even though we don't really know. All we think we're sure of at this point is that something else is better that what currently is.

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
And fleas who exist out of spite! Be born, wreak havoc, die.

• Yay!
Reactions: penguinl0v3s and Forever Sleep
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
Fight club had it right…

"I let go. Lost in oblivion. Dark and silent and complete. I found freedom. Losing all hope was freedom."

Life is made up of false hope. Death is the end of that hope… and the beautiful freedom it brings.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and pthnrdnojvsc