Rorschach

Rorschach

The sadness will last forever.
Oct 23, 2020
Being a bit generic, what motivates me to get up every morning is not a big ambition or a will to live: I have bills to pay.

I know that sounds kinda cliche, but it's not like I have a big goal to reach; my entire day consists with working with papers and stamping receipts.

The morning for me is the hardest time of the day. Getting out of bed is the first big battle I fight. Dude, I feel a tremendous pain in my soul when the f*cking alarm clock goes off.

Reflecting on this makes me even more depressed, I honestly don't know why I'm posting this thread, but I would like to know what motivates you guys to get out of bed in the morning? (if you guys need to).

• Hugs
Reactions: fatefulstillness, SadColeopter, BitterlyAlive_ and 8 others
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
I have bills to pay.
absolutely the only reason i got outside today at all and had to pull on an okay face was to go pay a bill. In rest i rotted in my bed and still kinda do, being very affected by the death of a friend of mine.

tomorrrow (or today??? since it's past midnight here) my mother will cook one of my favorite foods and i'll come to take some. why not spend my last days eating what i like? while my mother was plain evil to me most of the time, she still had some times where she kind of had a heart.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall and Rorschach
CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
My cat comes and bugs me. If I take too long they start chewing on my hair.

That and having to pee.

I don't have any motivations towards something greater anymore so if it wasn't for my cat I'd probably just lay in bed all morning.

• Hugs
Reactions: LivideLamb, _Minsk, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 2 others
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
Caffeine withdrawals or urge to pee.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LivideLamb, ascetic_, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 5 others
Silenos

Silenos

Ṿ̸̄Ọ̶͂Ỉ̶͉D̴̞͝ ̴̲̐A̷̾͜W̷̪͒Ā̵̯I̵͍̅T̵̛͔S̷̗͛
Jul 25, 2020
Urge to pee, and feeling hungry. That's it.

• Hugs
Reactions: D&D, LivideLamb, settheory and 5 others
Ego Sum Medusa

Ego Sum Medusa

I am the Crone.
Sep 28, 2021
Coffee.
Seriously, coffee. Firstly, I love the stuff. But more importantly I like to get up early and get the pour-over, mug, electric kettle, etc. all set up for my husband so he can just get up, pour his coffee and relax. I want that for him, to have his coffee set up, ready and waiting so he can chill for a bit before the day gets rolling and he has to deal with our one year old Boxer, AKA, "The Thing That Ate Tokyo." ;)

Then it's my coffee. I want it. I need it. I love it.
Often, I can't wait and if it's early enough I make my cup and bring it up to sip whilst I get husband's set up because, hey, coffee.

• Hugs
Reactions: LivideLamb, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, OrcWitch and 3 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I just pee in the bed, fuck it. No not really. But I am a neet so there's no reason to really get up. I kind of roll around in bed and stay on my phone until I get up to take my SSRI or get a drink or something. There's no actual incentive or need to go anywhere for the most part.

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Snake of Eden, LivideLamb, ascetic_ and 6 others
Ego Sum Medusa

Ego Sum Medusa

I am the Crone.
Sep 28, 2021
Being a bit generic, what motivates me to get up every morning is not a big ambition or a will to live: I have bills to pay.

I know that sounds kinda cliche, but it's not like I have a big goal to reach; my entire day consists with working with papers and stamping receipts.

The morning for me is the hardest time of the day. Getting out of bed is the first big battle I fight. Dude, I feel a tremendous pain in my soul when the f*cking alarm clock goes off.

Reflecting on this makes me even more depressed, I honestly don't know why I'm posting this thread, but I would like to know what motivates you guys to get out of bed in the morning? (if you guys need to).
@OrcWitch, @Silenos I hadn't thought about that, the urge to pee; that would do it too.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Nothing compares to the bliss of death.
Aug 8, 2018
It's a soul crushing feeling when the alarm goes off and you really don't want to get up. I only wake up because I'm not tired. I can't sleep all day, even though I would absolutely love to sleep all day every day.

• Hugs
Reactions: Death is beautiful, Brick In The Wall, Rorschach and 1 other person
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Basic human instinct, you have to keep going until your time is up or else your life will get worse than it already is.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LivideLamb, Ashu, Manaaja and 7 others
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
Alarm clock on morning shifts. Xanax required when going to bed.
Other days, subject's body starting to hurt after hours of turning on all possible sides. Xanax optional, depending on next day schedule. If subject is not rested enough, stimulants provide an effective solution.

• Hugs
Reactions: LivideLamb, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, motel rooms and 4 others
ghost_

ghost_

Boo!
Nov 10, 2021
my university education. gotta get those sweet participation marks

• Hugs
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Brick In The Wall, Rorschach and 1 other person
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
Coffee. That moment when the first sip hits my soul is as close as I get to happiness all day.
Coffee.
Seriously, coffee. Firstly, I love the stuff. But more importantly I like to get up early and get the pour-over, mug, electric kettle, etc. all set up for my husband so he can just get up, pour his coffee and relax. I want that for him, to have his coffee set up, ready and waiting so he can chill for a bit before the day gets rolling and he has to deal with our one year old Boxer, AKA, "The Thing That Ate Tokyo." ;)

Then it's my coffee. I want it. I need it. I love it.
Often, I can't wait and if it's early enough I make my cup and bring it up to sip whilst I get husband's set up because, hey, coffee.
Hello Medusa, nice to meet you :-)

• Love
Reactions: Shadowplay, Brick In The Wall and Rorschach
E

Elegy

Student
Nov 14, 2021
Neighbor's rooster and barking dogs, harsh cutting sunlight streaming through my peephole, bad dreams, fear, memories of my mother dumping icewater buckets on me if I didn't get out of bed and do something productive and impressive, memories of cops harshly waking me up and giving me the bum's rush 1000 times over when I was homeless, and the roar of traffic outside. The unsettling sound of a world gone mad, like an angry wasp's nest. PTSD. An unexpected and unwelcome knock on my door. The endless necessity to combat the government, and fix whatever criminals and idiots fucked up, such as my bank freezing my credit card due to suspicious billing charges. Old age, prostate cancer, and the overwhelming urge to pee. The unmistakable sound of police patrol car tires crunching the parking lot gravel at 3am, and lest I forget, there is a wild tom turkey who now occupies this area, and can be loudly heard clucking cooing squabbling or whatever turkeys do, outside my door, long before dawn. It's like he's dong that deliberately just to mess with my mind and keep me awake and hyper-vigilant. Police were here and I told them I'd be happy to shoot the sonafabich and they warned me it is a protected animal and i will be arrested. That'd be arrest #6 for me. Elegy murdered a turkey because it was being too noisy and keeping him awake and, your honor, the bird was bullying me too. It is true. Turkeys do not chase people around because they are protecting a nest or their territory. They do it, because.. Pecking Order.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Disappointered, Brick In The Wall and 2 others
Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
Job to pay a bill. I don't really give a fuq.

• Hugs
Reactions: stygal, GenesAndEnvironment, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
Work to pay bills.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall and Rorschach
E

EliphasBlackwood

Nov 27, 2021
Not being home helps. I've been avoiding my apartment like the plague and sleeping at any relative willing to let me crash on their couch.

• Hugs
Reactions: Shadowplay and Brick In The Wall
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
Basic human instinct, you have to keep going until your time is up or else your life will get worse than it already is.
Yes. Mine has! I managed to keep working part-time until lockdown. Now nothing gets me up. Or if I do get up I go back to bed.

• Hugs
Reactions: ClownMe
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I get up, as lying in bed all day with the feelings of dread and hopelessness makes me feel worse. I do not have an actual reason to get up, my life is very empty and depressing. It is all very pointless. Sometimes I wake up too early and cannot get back to sleep, I hate those mornings.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Manaaja and Rorschach
cloudnone

cloudnone

So Scribble Me Out
Jan 14, 2020
My alarm clock, usually.

• Yay!
Reactions: Hollowman, Rorschach and rationaltake
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
  • Yay!
Reactions: Snake of Eden
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Obligation, which seems to be how you feel too. Mornings are hard for me as well, very hard. Doesn't matter if it's a work day or a day off. It's getting too damn difficult to get out of bed again

• Hugs
Reactions: Shadowplay and Rorschach
B

Bleak

Student
Nov 10, 2021
Hunger. Plus my bed isn't very comfortable so it's not like I want to just lie there awake.

• Aww..
Reactions: Shadowplay and Rorschach
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Three alarms and Nikocado Avocado.

• Yay!
  • Wow
Reactions: Manaaja, motel rooms, Rorschach and 1 other person
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018

The unfortunate event of consciousness.
Laying there won't help.
Getting up seemingly doesn't either.

I had a place, and "bills to pay", "goals," and a crappy employer that I had to BEG the fucker to sign my timesheet or allow me to even do my job instead of the stupid shit he was trying to force me to do which was AGAINST the job description itself.

I had a crappy housemate that stole from my bedroom. Right before my mother died.

I had a "life" until people once again stuck their greedy hands into it and caused whatever problems they could, just to be little fuckfaces.

I get out of bed.
I used to have a "reason" to be out and about and "social" or "relatively stable" or "happy."

It feels like 2018 all over again.

Laying there like a dead body isn't doing it for me.
I guess I just "get up" to wash, rinse, repeat.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Rorschach
WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
Studying, and needing to piss/shit.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I'm bored very quickly.
Just laying around isn't my kind of life and I would be (even more) depressed after a while.
I'm a high energy person.

NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
Hungry, need food.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ego Sum Medusa, Manaaja and Rorschach