• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

MannyAntsy

Mar 24, 2024
I'll start. My favorite Elder Scrolls game is Oblivion. Morrowind is obtuse and pisses me off when I see my sword physically connect with something, only to "miss" because of a dice roll, and Skyrim feels like everyone's slapping each other with pool noodles and there's no Acrobatics or Athletics stats.

Reactions: KafkaF
K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
I'll start. My favorite Elder Scrolls game is Oblivion. Morrowind is obtuse and pisses me off when I see my sword physically connect with something, only to "miss" because of a dice roll, and Skyrim feels like everyone's slapping each other with pool noodles and there's no Acrobatics or Athletics stats.
I agree with your opinion, for the record. Mostly because Oblivion has better writing than Skyrim and I prefer the atmosphere and aesthetics and it's more modern and lively than Morrowind.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Fire Emblem games can be played on Casual mode and they're genuinely more fun that way. Most people who play Classic just reset save states anyway when playing on an emulator so why is it any different?

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time, Darkness and Sky are the GOAT (of Pokémon games)
This is genuinely not that uncommon of an opinion. :tongue:

Now thinking Sword&Shield and Scarlet&Violet are great games, THAT would be controversial. I happen to think so at least.

• Wow
Reactions: sserafim
M

MannyAntsy

Mar 24, 2024
Fire Emblem games can be played on Casual mode and they're genuinely more fun that way. Most people who play Classic just reset save states anyway when playing on an emulator so why is it any different?

This is genuinely not that uncommon of an opinion. :tongue:

Now thinking Sword&Shield and Scarlet&Violet are great games, THAT would be controversial. I happen to think so at least.
I play Fire Emblem on classic mode because it still adds another strategic consideration, even if I save scum: I still have to build my team well enough that I'm not forced to sacrifice anyone. I have had times, especially when I first started as an Awakening babby, where my situation was unwinninable without sacrificing a unit because I was an idiot.

Proteus

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
The Binding of Isaac is a terrible game, and the perfect example of what to avoid in game design. The fact it has any fanbase concerns me.

The base gameplay isn't fun, because it's made to work with power-ups that rarely adjust to the floor damage scale, which incite risk mechanics that also fail, since, statistically, there are more useless items. It tries to work with item combinations that, guess what, are usually broken, since if effects are too different, they either override each other, cripple each other, or just bug in bizarre ways. t's also terribly coded, last time I checked there were frequent crashes, soft-locks and hundreds of bugs.

It doesn't have a clear identity on difficulty, and it's mostly enemies with a ton of life or some immunity that makes them tedious to kill. It's supposed to adjust with the items you pick, but since drops are botched design, most of the time, their health just snowballs. Sometimes, jt tries to be bullet-hell, often combined with too basic projectiles that don't work together.

Even the athmosphere is bad. It tries to be dark, but the levels are filled with piss and poop humor, it's extremely unfaithful to itself. It fails to deliver on every aspect.

I strongly recommend you check out what a "Operant Conditioning Chamber" is. Better items means more finished runs, which means less playtime. The solution this game gives is altering them to be too weak most of the time. It doesn't have regard for you as player. You exist to inflate Steam numbers. It's literally like TikTok made video-game: you are the product.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time, Darkness and Sky are the GOAT (of Pokémon games)
Nah. Pokémon Red, Yellow, Silver and Gold with the N64 controller adapter linked with Pokémon Stadium 1 + 2!!
Resident Evil 5 was really good. Wesker was such a menace.

• Informative
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that's just me
Sep 13, 2023
Nah. Pokémon Red, Yellow, Silver and Gold with the N64 controller adapter linked with Pokémon Stadium 1 + 2!!
Resident Evil 5 was really good. Wesker was such a menace.
I've never played those, they were before my time. I'm part of the Diamond, Pearl, Platinum and DS Lite gen.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
I had a DS lite, 3DS. Had diamond. I think Pokémon GO really changed the direction and made the series itself worse. That's why I appreciate gale of darkness.

• Informative
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
Elden Ring isn't as good as people say it is.

Valso

Valso

Student
Mar 12, 2024
That the Russian tanks are the worst tanks ever! No matter the game, they're the same crap everywhere, only intended to scare the enemy but not to hit them - especially on either title of WOT. WOT/WOT Blitz - on both games playing in a Russian tank is both punishment and torture.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I play Fire Emblem on classic mode because it still adds another strategic consideration, even if I save scum: I still have to build my team well enough that I'm not forced to sacrifice anyone. I have had times, especially when I first started as an Awakening babby, where my situation was unwinninable without sacrificing a unit because I was an idiot.
Tbh I'm not playing the games much for the strategy as much as the music, story, or the support conversations. That's also why the Fire Emblem Warriors games are probably my favorite ones.😅

Maybe I'm just traumatized because one of the first times I seriously considered suicide in real life was after I let all my units die in Shadow Dragon for the DS.

M

MannyAntsy

Mar 24, 2024
Elden Ring isn't as good as people say it is.
I love Elden Ring, but it's certainly not perfect. I love it's world building, the combat is crunchy and satifying, and I can go down the rabbit hole of experimenting with builds for hours. The problem is the game is about as balanced as cable news and is about as good at explsining shit. Dexterity's focus on speed and bleed is made redundant by Arcane, bosses like Elden Bitch and Foreskin Duo can go jump in a scarlet rot lake, and it does a terrible job teaching you how to actually play the damn thing. Learning to be agressive with status procs and stance breaks is how you dish out the big boy meme damage, but the anime ass boss combos, absurd tracking, and input reading don't give you a chance to naturally figure that out, and there's no meter to hint at that mechanic either.

Kariope

Kariope

Student
Feb 9, 2023
League of Legends is actually fun. If you let losing on that kind of game make you tilted and rage you're insanely mentally weak. Sometimes losses in that kind of game are inevitable, even if you made no possible mistakes, it doesn't depend solely on you. Doesn't mean you should ragequit, you can still have fun in a match you lose, knowing you did your best lol

astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
People hate "Waifu Emblem" "muh avatarsexual" Fire Emblem fans but I'll be real: I'm not interested in Fire Emblem games where I can't date 2D husbandos. I like my combat strategy AND hot anime guys. And yes I agree that Classic purists are annoying, for me Casual is just an anti-frustration feature so that I don't have to reset 60 minutes of gameplay because some same-turn reinforcement clobbered my mage right before the map ended. Also, 3H is amazing, the only FE game I have replayed at least 10 times, I don't give a damn if the animation isn't as clean as Engage or whatever.

Ishin is one of the most fun and interesting Yakuza games. I also play the newer games with the English dub. Majima/Makoto is a dry boring ship. And they need to stop killing off villains because they're always more interesting than most of their other characters.

"Was Gen 1 Pokemon challenging because it was challenging or were you just a little kid?" No, it was more challenging, you actually had to focus on resource management and mechanics, not having literally everything handed to you and the "hardest" battles handicapped by a laundry list of cheese superfeatures. I've tried playing the new gens and cannot figure out how anyone is having fun with it.

Stardew Valley is a tedious chore until like the first 1-2 seasons are over, then it's a blast until endgame, when it becomes a tedious chore again, so I'm always at odds with the people who insist it's a perfect game you can easily sink 900 hours into without getting bored. The Ginger Island expansion helped a little but it only really had me playing for like... an extra week than I usually would. But there's a new update so I'm gonna get sucked back in again.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
I love Elden Ring, but it's certainly not perfect. I love it's world building, the combat is crunchy and satifying, and I can go down the rabbit hole of experimenting with builds for hours. The problem is the game is about as balanced as cable news and is about as good at explsining shit. Dexterity's focus on speed and bleed is made redundant by Arcane, bosses like Elden Bitch and Foreskin Duo can go jump in a scarlet rot lake, and it does a terrible job teaching you how to actually play the damn thing. Learning to be agressive with status procs and stance breaks is how you dish out the big boy meme damage, but the anime ass boss combos, absurd tracking, and input reading don't give you a chance to naturally figure that out, and there's no meter to hint at that mechanic either.
I came into it after beating Dark Souls 1, 3, and coming close to beating 2. I just didn't like the open world stuff. Combat was fun, but dealing with the open world nonsense wasn't.

untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
I don't know if this counts but I really don't like modern yu-gi-oh. I like themed/quirky card games with lots of build up to either finally summon your big bad monster or display a fun, organized strat to win. I hate waiting five minutes to know if or not I'll just lose turn one or wait for my opponent to special summon twelve thousand monsters in one turn. Yeah, the early meta of ygo wasn't that good either but that's not what I'm getting at either. Ygo was the card game I grew up with and really liked when I played one of the video games, but now it's just too much.

Reactions: MindFrog
xsa

xsa

july 3rd
Oct 7, 2023
I once got shit on because I said I only play the sims 4 to build🤷‍♀️ I genuinely cannot understand why would someboy find doing anything else besides building fascinating. I cannot stand how my sim never does what i want them to lol

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I never really understood the appeal of the gta games

Ferdinand Bardamu

Ferdinand Bardamu

DO YOU WANT TOTAL WAR?
Feb 22, 2024
HOI4 isn't a good game (It has terrible AI and spends too much time focusing on "le wacki alt history kaiserriech!!!" shit instead of fixing the games actual problems like poor historical accuracy, AI, and under-developed mechanics like economics), and I am kinda ashamed that I spent 1k hours playing it 1711406990384

whiteclaudia

whiteclaudia

cute + well adjusted
Mar 23, 2024
shirtless himbo pyramid head is fun. am i annoyed that the point of his character has gotten lost? a little. am i starved for silent hill content and will take what i can get? very much so.