I

itsallover

Arcanist
Jun 29, 2018
I just wanna know what other people have experienced when they finally got to the point and said enough is enough. Was it a certain experience or trauma that you had? I know we all have a different threshold for pain and suffering, but I always wondered what makes people just finally give up. We have all fought through a ton of shit, but it seems to me that sometimes things in life get to be insurmountable. I just wanna compare my experience to yours if that's okay. I would always manage to get through mental and emotional pain, but I just can't make it through chronic physical pain and extreme discomfort. It has completely broken me down and even if i did get to feeling better, this whole experience has left me so broken that I am no longer the same person. I no longer have the same drive and fight in me. I don't think it will ever come back. I always used to think what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, but some things really have a of breaking your spirit down completely. Thank you for all the responses.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Lizzie S., UglyAndSuicidal and 4 others
Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
Yes even if my condition got better unlikely I'm so traumatised. I can never trust again in authority as medical profession damaged me so much and left me in horrific condition. Life just terrifying.

Reactions: LosingHealthFast, lv-gras and Tiburcio
bbq1

bbq1

Gone
Aug 3, 2018
Nobody here posting has yet got to the point of 'enough is enough'

Reactions: FullFat
I

itsallover

Arcanist
Jun 29, 2018
Nobody here posting has yet got to the point of 'enough is enough'
Just the thought of seriously contemplating suicide means that I'm done. It means I don't have much fight left in me personally.

Reactions: Abel, Smilla, Iwant2sleepforever and 4 others
G

GeorgeEastman

Arcanist
Sep 3, 2018
Started 16 years ago when I knew I'd have to spend my life alone.

I still do what I can to participate in society, but I have to retreat or I'd be so overloaded I'd just lash out and be put in a damn mental ward probably.

Reactions: Final Escape and bbq1
I

itsallover

Arcanist
Jun 29, 2018
You might upset some insecure ppl saying this, can't blame you for encouraging thought though.
I'll admit I'm insecure, but I took that as encouraging.

Reactions: lv-gras and weedoge
R

Rebirth

Jun 20, 2018
A surgeon disfigured me and violated my consent in multiple surgeries.

• Aww..
Reactions: LastFlowers, Lizzie S., Mayfil and 4 others
Deadinside24

Deadinside24

Experienced
Aug 7, 2018
I haven't been completely done in but today sure made it a lot closer! It's more just the give and take of life. It dangles hope in front of my eyes where I can see it but it's so far away I can never get to it. Having those kinds of mental games played on an already depressed person sure brings me a lot closer to the point of "fuck it, I'm out."

Reactions: Tiburcio, Mayfil, Iwant2sleepforever and 1 other person
bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
A surgeon disfigured me and violated my consent in multiple surgeries.
wtf are you serious? Did you get compensation?

Reactions: weedoge and lv-gras
I

itsallover

Arcanist
Jun 29, 2018
wtf are you serious? Did you get compensation?
You can't put a value on your health and quality of life. I filed a lawsuit over what was done to me but I would trade whatever settlement they reach to have my health back.

Reactions: Lizzie S., Iwant2sleepforever and lv-gras
bigj75

bigj75

Sep 1, 2018
You can't put a value on your health and quality of life. I filed a lawsuit over what was done to me but I would trade whatever settlement they reach to have my health back.
I completely understand. My health was priceless to me and the only thing that kept me from being depressed. No amount of money would make me feel as good as when i was in good health and not depressed.

Reactions: Lizzie S., Iwant2sleepforever, lv-gras and 1 other person
Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
simply a sense of hopeless loneliness

Reactions: weedoge, Iwant2sleepforever, lv-gras and 1 other person
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I think my first arrest for prostitution really had an impact on how I viewed myself and how I looked in the eyes of people who know me. They made a news story about it so it's in the google searches under my very unique name which makes it more difficult for me to hide it. After that arrest my life fell apart and has not recovered. I feel permanently destroyed.

Reactions: Smilla, boozlepuzzle, Iwant2sleepforever and 2 others
Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
I think my first arrest for prostitution really had an impact on how I viewed myself and how I looked in the eyes of people who know me. They made a news story about it so it's in the google searches under my very unique name which makes it more difficult for me to hide it. After that arrest my life fell apart and has not recovered. I feel permanently destroyed.
when I was 16-17 my father tried to get me in selling myself.....

Reactions: lv-gras and Final Escape
whatmattersmost

whatmattersmost

Gone to HANG.
Sep 10, 2018
Started 16 years ago when I knew I'd have to spend my life alone.

I still do what I can to participate in society, but I have to retreat or I'd be so overloaded I'd just lash out and be put in a damn mental ward probably.
One of the Mental health centers I was in wasn't to bad, i actually miss is a little.
Have you ever been!?
16years Alone?How is that?
Self isolation from Depression?

Clover

Clover

Experienced
Aug 23, 2018
Basically I was too strong for so long that I now have nothing left.

Reactions: lv-gras, whatmattersmost and Deadinside24
whatmattersmost

whatmattersmost

Gone to HANG.
Sep 10, 2018
Is it possible for you to move somewhere else,start over!?
Or to late for that?
My options are Suicide or rebuild my entire life which i have done dozens of time before SS is looking better & better each Day

Reactions: Final Escape and lv-gras
Deadinside24

Deadinside24

Experienced
Aug 7, 2018
Or to late for that?
My options are Suicide or rebuild my entire life which i have done dozens of time before SS is looking better & better each Day
I'm with you. I've had to rebuild my entire life several times and the last time I did, I told myself I wouldn't do it again.

Reactions: whatmattersmost
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
I wish I could talk about it but I never will and I don't want to.

Reactions: LosingHealthFast, Iwant2sleepforever and Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Or to late for that?
It would help if I could change my name at least, nope can't leave the country.

whatmattersmost

whatmattersmost

Gone to HANG.
Sep 10, 2018
I'm with you. I've had to rebuild my entire life several times and the last time I did, I told myself I wouldn't do it again.
You & I Both.
I built a business from the ground up only to Self Sabotage Myself.
I'm Mentally/Physically broken.
I struggled all My life battling Demons,
I honestly don't think I have the strength to rebuild anything this time.
My life wasn't terrible granted things didn't work out, I blame other's now just Need the courage to ctb

Reactions: Final Escape
bigj75

bigj75

Sep 1, 2018
You & I Both.
I built a business from the ground up only to Self Sabotage Myself.
I'm Mentally/Physically broken.
I struggled all My life battling Demons,
I honestly don't think I have the strength to rebuild anything this time.
My life wasn't terrible granted things didn't work out, I blame other's now just Need the courage to ctb
Same here.

Reactions: whatmattersmost