Water Drinker
Dec 24, 2023
something that you watch help you calm down i guess. me first:

Reactions: Mitsumi
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
My go to is anime, but if it had to be a movie...
500 days of summer & lalaland (chickflicks, I know) but mostly because its realistic - girl breaks up with guy, which i get.
Margin Call would be one:

Boiler room would be another:

The Big Short:

MoneyBall:

Basically any movie that helps me realize that im not the center of the universe and that people will do what they will to get what they want.

Namarupa

Namarupa

Student
Jan 24, 2024
Silent comedies and Golden Age Hollywood in general usually does the trick for me. Chaplin's City Lights is probably my favourite one.

• Love
Reactions: Hardcore_Henry and mortuarymary
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
At the mo
Gone back to Game of Thrones, until Reacher season 2 finishes. The continental but don't like the fact Winston is american in it but British in John Wick films. Vikings. Last Kingdom. Six feet under.
Anything history.
I will admit I love sex in the city. If I'm really ill I will watch that in bed. Helps switch off.

Reactions: Hardcore_Henry and changes
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Futurama, Community, Codename: Kids Next Door, The Good Place, and Garfield & Friends are probably the only shows I've fully binged all the way through more than five times throughout my life and have brought me the most comfort. Occasionally I will also partake in a few episodes of South Park or Rick and Morty that stood out to me.

As for movies, sometimes I'll rewatch any movie I think highly of and it'll be enough to comfort me.

• Love
Reactions: Hardcore_Henry
B

Bacon and Baseball

Sep 23, 2023
rewatching Homeland right now

Reactions: doormat25 and Hardcore_Henry
BlackMoon

BlackMoon

Peace-seeker
Oct 30, 2023
Niea_7, Daria, Nichijō, and other animes I can't talk about.

Reactions: Mitsumi, Hardcore_Henry and Namarupa
Hardcore_Henry

Hardcore_Henry

Water Drinker
Dec 24, 2023
My go to is anime, but if it had to be a movie...
500 days of summer & lalaland (chickflicks, I know) but mostly because its realistic - girl breaks up with guy, which i get.
Margin Call would be one:

Boiler room would be another:

The Big Short:

MoneyBall:

Basically any movie that helps me realize that im not the center of the universe and that people will do what they will to get what they want.

ahh you're more than welcome to list any anime, Moneyball is awesome though. chick-flicks are also very much valid.

Reactions: Slow_Farewell
R

Readytogohome

May 25, 2023
Lord of the Rings. It's escapist, strong characters, Good vs Evil, and Good wins, so I find it uplifting, at least for a little while. Also Star Trek TNG, and Babylon 5.

• Love
Mitsumi

Mitsumi

Student
Dec 23, 2023
Early Summer (1951) and Kairo (2001)

• Love
H

HowlerFlamingpaws

Dec 26, 2023
I think my go-to would be the anime "Aria the Animation" and it's sequels. Just a peaceful show about finding magic in the mundane

• Love
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
the first two seasons of bee and puppycat. it makes me feel like a kid again, i feel safe watching it. i feel similar watching over the garden wall. also the nightmare before christmas, i love so much about that film it just feels nice watching it and i like singing along with the songs.

• Love
Hardcore_Henry

Hardcore_Henry

Water Drinker
Dec 24, 2023
Lord of the Rings. It's escapist, strong characters, Good vs Evil, and Good wins, so I find it uplifting, at least for a little while. Also Star Trek TNG, and Babylon 5.
LOTR is šŸ

Reactions: RollingGiant
hopeurhappylb

hopeurhappylb

just a bit silly
Feb 4, 2024
Ouran Highschool Host Club, since it's a funny lighthearted anime and I'm attached to the characters.
Mostly though, I watch the youtuber Wilbur Soot for comfort. His videos always amuse me and make me laugh, even if I've watched all of them 500 times, I don't get tired of them.

• Love