• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Alayna

Alayna

Close
Oct 11, 2022
Nice:happy:, it starts getting REALLY good soon. Maybe just push on from where you're at if you remember it decently, just to get to the meat of the series? Also please please check End of Evangelion once you're done, it melts faces.

Looking forward to discussing it with you perhaps :happy:

Alayna

Alayna

Close
Oct 11, 2022
I'll check it out. Thank you 💜
Uhh dunno if thanks are in order:ahhha: but pleasure!

Not sure quite what's happening where you're at or what you've otherwise heard of the show, but it is potentially triggering. I mean, it's basically an anime about trauma. So fair warning if you want to look up some cws or something. Also, it hit me at a very strange and v very psychotic time so my judgement and subsequent memories of it are kinda completely cooked. I'd describe it more as life-altering than fun.

Oh, and they reference the hedgehog dilemma quite a bit too!

Any more suggestions your side? I really need to get out of this rut of rewatch, reread, replay etc...

Say doing what now, anime game mov anything maybe other find interest , mayb rocommend. Can tell how feel comment also.c
How about you, CTB Dream? What you been vibing?

H

[HNO]

Experienced
Aug 21, 2022
Not sure quite what's happening where you're at or what you've otherwise heard of the show, but it is potentially triggering. I mean, it's basically an anime about trauma. So fair warning if you want to look up some cws or something. Also, it hit me at a very strange and v very psychotic time so my judgement and subsequent memories of it are kinda completely cooked. I'd describe it more as life-altering than fun.
try madoka, made in abyss, angel egg, cat soup, alien9, haibane, kaiji,berserk monster, technolyze, higurashi, chiis sweet home, perfect blue, neo tokyo anthology, ghost in the shell, metropolis, claymore, devilman, gantz, school days

it's far more advisable to spare your mental health and read books

achromatic

achromatic

hedgehog dilemma
Oct 18, 2022
^^ I'm a monster fan too, it's quite a long show, so depending on someone's attention span it may be diffucult to watch some of more "filler-ish" episodes - it's worth it though
I have mixed feelings about Higurashi - it's quite disturbing, but not in such existential manner- it's alright if you like horrors
Oh and spoiled most of NGE for myself so don't worry - I plan to catch up so maybe we can talk about it.
From games I can really recommend Omori
Oh and right now Im watching Mob Psycho season 2 - I needed something more lighthearted and it's a neat show

Alayna

Alayna

Close
Oct 11, 2022
Madoka - is great, and I was blessed to go into it without any spoilers. The witch fight sequences have some of the best animation ever
MiA - dropped the manga bc I couldn't take the sheer sadism of it all. Like, it's good but it just became impossible for me to continue seeing these children suffer and suffer and suffer
Angel egg - Move over, Madoka, this is the ACTUAL best animation sorry
Cat soup - did nothing for me
Alien 9 - will check
Haibane - One of my fav animes I've seen. Murakami x Kino's journey mood. My fb pfp was Reki for the longest time, I felt so sinbound:pfff:
Kaiji - Never finished but it was fun. Did suspense well and the strategising sections were cool. Will return to.
Berserk (the old one) - Fuck. Holy shit. Fuck.
Monster - really really good. Longest anime I've ever finished (excl. bleach)
Technolyze - yep, had to with lain. It had moments and the city was characterised well, but ultimately felt a bit hollow and featureless. Not a recommend
Higurashi - brilliant. Every story a new twist of the knife.
Chii's - will check
Sweet Home - will check
Perfect blue - is pretty good. Haunting. Best thing he did by far
Neo Tokyo - will check
GiTS - Innocence was my fav:tongue: SAC confused me ngl

sorry I'm getting tired going through them but thanks for the sterling recommendations!:)) Quite a few to catch up on!

-----------------------------------------------

^^ I'm a monster fan too, it's quite a long show, so depending on someone's attention span it may be diffucult to watch some of more "filler-ish" episodes - it's worth it though
I have mixed feelings about Higurashi - it's quite disturbing, but not in such existential manner- it's alright if you like horrors
Oh and spoiled most of NGE for myself so don't worry - I plan to catch up so maybe we can talk about it.
From games I can really recommend Omori
Oh and right now Im watching Mob Psycho season 2 - I needed something more lighthearted and it's a neat show
Agreed about monster. I think the filler develops the world well tho, and serves to relax the pace so that the key moments hit harder. It maybe gives too much time to Tenma, who is a pretty bland character tbh. I do like the way the author keeps introducing new faces though, it fleshes the world out considerably. God the show broods well.

Personally liked Higurashi but I so get that it's not for everyone. Was a welcome break from that existentialism for me tbh. :ahhha: Also, it lives or dies by its mood, and if you're not feeling that it's not really worth committing the emotional energy for its points to land anywhere in particular.

Cool lmk when you're done:happy:

Oh, been meaning to try omori, it's actually chilling on my harddrive. Used to play a lot of those old rpg maker j-horrors like Ib and corpse party, but omori was after my time👵 Anyway, shall check it tomorrow. Thanks!

Omg how good is Mob Psycho?? Particularly S2. They've really delved into his relationship with his mentor which I appreciated a lot bc it felt like just an overused gag in S1. Hilarious show and charmingly wholesome in its own way.

Last edited:
achromatic

achromatic

hedgehog dilemma
Oct 18, 2022
I watched all of season 1 and like a half of 2 - seems like second might be better. Without getting into spoiler territory - there is a mini separation arc between Mob and Reigen and it's really wholesome - it shows character growth and protects things from getting too monotonous.

CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Disabled. Hard talk, don't argue, make fun, etc
Sep 17, 2022
Uhh dunno if thanks are in order:ahhha: but pleasure!

Oh, and they reference the hedgehog dilemma quite a bit too!

Any more suggestions your side? I really need to get out of this rut of rewatch, reread, replay etc...

How about you, CTB Dream? What you been vibing?

Hi thank ,thing long ago not do thing very hard. Need find somethin peaceful ,story terrible write cruelty damaging need avoid. Problem hard focus play ,now try replay Zelda

jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Just got star trek on in the background while I smoke, browse Reddit and interact here. Same as I do every day, really. Pretty boring stuff

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
Procrastinating by being on this forum and/or watching YT vids and/or listening to YT vids while surfing the net.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream and Un-
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
Any anme recommend?
I haven't watched any. Do you have any recommendations?

I had this one recommended to me, but I didn't want to watch it because I didn't want to purposely make myself sad. I'm already sad.

• Hugs
Reactions: Un- and CTB Dream
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm putting off all the things I should be doing 😬. Just finished 'Black Mirror' series on Netflix. Would recommend.

Reactions: Endex and CTB Dream
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Wasting time like usual, watching star trek alone, gf is asleep

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Any anme recommend?
You must have seen 'Spirited Away?' Love that animation. My friend keeps trying to get me to watch 'Bee and Puppycat' on Netflix. I haven't yet but she says it's good.