• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

C

cherry_berry

Dec 25, 2023
I'm curious, what would your dream life look like? What would you change or do? Whether it be the society, gravity, supernatural, body or love life.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: maidens, ▪︎⚠ KOHI ⚠▪︎ and Forever Sleep
AInilam

AInilam

Student
Dec 17, 2023
I would love my own personal alternate reality or dreamscape. Maybe I could be a beautiful God or entity that visits people in their dreams and spirits them away. Like the Other Mother from Coraline, minus the whole buttons for eyes and having to eat their soul spiel. My world could serve as a place of reprieve just until they wake up and have to again face life's challenges. It'd be nice to be known as a beacon of warmth, love and kindness that can be called upon during hard-times.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36, TuttiFrutti, executioner1983 and 2 others
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
You know, I am always disappointed with my lack of imagination when this question comes up. All I can think of are things like having someone who loves me, a tight circle of friends, a good job, self-respect, a joyful creative outlet, me working toward a useful cause (but not even achieving it). I suppose it just becomes hard to imagine myself as any other way but the way I am. Dreams of unlimited beauty, power, or brains don't seem to have me in them but rather someone else who is so much more extraordinary than I could have ever been.

Not to sound like a Miss America contestant, but I suppose my second answer would be a life where I could be someone the world actually needs. If I thought I could, I would wish to make a positive difference in the world. As a young girl, I admired Joan of Arc who I realize now may have been actually crazy, but you can't say she didn't have a tremendous amount of courage and integrity. There aren't many like her. Even if my stupid little life is filled with petty, unsatisfying bullshit, it is still something I guard as zealously as a dragon does its hoard despite how often I desire to die. The vast majority of us are too cowardly and self-interested to make a true difference that requires sacrifice. I wish I were better than that, but I'm not.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: indosoon, divinemistress36, TuttiFrutti and 4 others
idonothing

idonothing

Dec 13, 2023
I'm with the love of my life again. That's all. Anything else that happens to be there is a bonus.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: TuttiFrutti, Forever Sleep and penguinl0v3s
anhed0nia

anhed0nia

Jun 17, 2023
I've never been very good at imagining big dreams or ambitions, and I also have an extreme amount of difficulty mentally visualizing anything, which I only learned recently is unusual (like all my thoughts are words). I'm sure both of these things are connected to depression and problems with goal formation. But besides the abstract ideas of being beautiful and talented and independently wealthy or whatever, what I really long for is just basic competence. There's a lot of really basic stuff I can't seem to learn no matter how I approach it; certain ordinary chores in the house are permanently delegated to my husband because I'll screw them up every time. I wish I could cook a nice meal, nothing fancy, just healthy and satisfying. I wish I didn't lose everything I put my hands on. Today I wanted to do a really basic errand half a mile from my house, but I made it as far as the bus stop before I got all confused about what I was supposed to be doing, and I just got so embarrassed I went home and went back to bed. I dream of being able to do basic stuff competently and without fear the way other people dream of being rock stars or sports prodigies. I imagine that I could lead a really fulfilling life if I could just start from a baseline of not failing at the simple things all the time.

• Hugs
Reactions: SoulCage, Celerity and ForgottenAgain
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
This question is what haunts me currently. I always dreamed of getting out of my father's house, having my own place, a stable and loving relationship and pets. I achieved that and I feel empty.

I don't know what my purpose in life is, I don't know what I should work towards. I even achieved my dream job and got a 40% salary increase and I'm still empty, miserable and lonely.

When my life was objectively bad it was easier to dream of a better life, that gave me strength. I thought the dream life would fix all my problems but turns out it isn't that simple, it never is. Now that I achieved what I wanted there is nothing left, and what I currently have isn't enough. I'm in a dark hole of loneliness and emptiness while everything around me is objectively good.

• Hugs
Reactions: BrainShower, divinemistress36, mediocre and 2 others
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
Always having the promise of food, water, and shelter. Even if I were to have money that would be okay. And I just need one really good friend. And internet to do digital art or the like.

AInilam

AInilam

Student
Dec 17, 2023
The vast majority of us are too cowardly and self-interested to make a true difference that requires sacrifice. I wish I were better than that, but I'm not.
That last part really resonated with me. It's easy to look down on this society, debate and point out all it's shortcomings and fallacies, but there still isn't much any of us can do to actually change it. But still I think you should cut yourself some slack, Joan D'Arc was born in a time before society had all the tools to fine-tune itself. Now, if you tried to start a rebellion or movement encouraging the populace to deviate from the status quo like she did even if it were for the betterment of society, that flame would be snuffed out before it could start smoking.

Last edited:
Reactions: divinemistress36
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
This question is what haunts me currently. I always dreamed of getting out of my father's house, having my own place, a stable and loving relationship and pets. I achieved that and I feel empty.

I don't know what my purpose in life is, I don't know what I should work towards. I even achieved my dream job and got a 40% salary increase and I'm still empty, miserable and lonely.

When my life was objectively bad it was easier to dream of a better life, that gave me strength. I thought the dream life would fix all my problems but turns out it isn't that simple, it never is. Now that I achieved what I wanted there is nothing left, and what I currently have isn't enough. I'm in a dark hole of loneliness and emptiness while everything around me is objectively good.
I was right where you were a few years back. It's such a terrible feeling when you come to such a realization; it seems to cut right through you, hollow you out into an agonized shell. If nothing I desire even does the trick, what will? I don't know the answer to that question either years later. Part of it I suspect is that nothing ever is as good or meaningful as we expect it to be. Another idea is that I was simply depressed to the point that my agony was guaranteed, as if some malevolent deity had flipped a switch out of nowhere just to fuck with me. More hopefully, it may be that your goals are divorced from what you really need and desire out of life. I have changed so much since that day - for better and for worse. I didn't want the life I had then, and I definitely don't now.

• Hugs
Reactions: ForgottenAgain
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I would just like to not exist . I wish i were never born.

in non-existence i won't need anything , have any problems , want anything , never any extreme suffering , never any unbearable pain, no worries , nothing bad, no old age, no diseases, no boredom , no oppression, no scams , no lies, no work , no chores 1000 other bad things I hate about life and this evil world

Even billionaires get old , get dementia diseases have bad things happen to them so what's the point of living i don't see any. I just read on this site today a billionaire commited suicide. so did a Miss USA , celebrities

I don't need nor want anything from this wretched life and world. The only thing keeping me here for now is fear of failure and remaining alive but in a worse condition.

Yeah i need food and shelter otherwise i'd be in worse torture starvation hunger etc. but that's another reason i hate life that i'm always hungry a fragile animal that needs so many things . logically i wouldn't want those animmalistic needs but the only way now for me to get rid of them is my death . An animal always under threat of extreme torture. but those aren't the only problems

I believe after death is non-existence forever . i know i'll get there but i want to skip any suffering while still alive. To me non-existence is the best thing for me

Last edited:
Reactions: cryone, thewalkingdread, ijustwishtodie and 1 other person
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

Oct 17, 2023
I was right where you were a few years back. It's such a terrible feeling when you come to such a realization; it seems to cut right through you, hollow you out into an agonized shell. If nothing I desire even does the trick, what will? I don't know the answer to that question either years later. Part of it I suspect is that nothing ever is as good or meaningful as we expect it to be. Another idea is that I was simply depressed to the point that my agony was guaranteed, as if some malevolent deity had flipped a switch out of nowhere just to fuck with me. More hopefully, it may be that your goals are divorced from what you really need and desire out of life. I have changed so much since that day - for better and for worse. I didn't want the life I had then, and I definitely don't now.
The part where you mention goals being divorced from what I need resonated with me. I think that may be my case. Knowing what I need is then another gigantic question to answer.

I'm sorry you're on a similar boat, I don't wish this on anyone, it is its own special hell.

Reactions: Celerity
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
The part where you mention goals being divorced from what I need resonated with me. I think that may be my case. Knowing what I need is then another gigantic question to answer.

I'm sorry you're on a similar boat, I don't wish this on anyone, it is its own special hell.
If I had to take a guess, I would zero in on loneliness as a major contributor. Even if it's not the root cause, it's not overdramatic to call it a silent killer. Human beings are social animals. Most people are wired for social connection because going without it meant death in our evolutionary past.

In addition to feeling like I had chosen the wrong career and had become unfulfilled as a result, I also felt very isolated. My colleagues did not understand me or me them. I felt like a foreigner in my own country, and my family was hundreds of miles away.

h0ll0w

h0ll0w

Jul 4, 2023
This question fucks my brain up.. Whatever I seem to think of just feels like it will give me a small, maybe significant but always temporary feeling of bliss/serenity. It feels meaningless to me to dream of a better life since at the end of the day everything just turns meaningless. It's like someone's stopping me from enjoying life and being happy but I can't seem to control that someone, even though I've tried to time and time again over the years. The best thing I can do is exist until that someone takes over and puts me out of my misery I guess..

• Hugs
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

Oct 17, 2023
If I had to take a guess, I would zero in on loneliness as a major contributor. Even if it's not the root cause, it's not overdramatic to call it a silent killer. Human beings are social animals. Most people are wired for social connection because going without it meant death in our evolutionary past.

In addition to feeling like I had chosen the wrong career and had become unfulfilled as a result, I also felt very isolated. My colleagues did not understand me or me them. I felt like a foreigner in my own country, and my family was hundreds of miles away.
that's incredibly similar to me...I can't relate to my coworkers, can't make new friends and I am a foreigner. The only actual friend I have is back home...

I know I am extremely lonely and I was proactive and tried to make local friends but there's never a person similar to me in any way... All my friends were always men, I had one girl friend in my life that was similar to me and I lost her. She was my best friend, the only one I ever had...

The new "friends" just see me as an accessory to bring along, it's all so superficial and meaningless. I forced myself to go out and go with their plans but it's not me. I feel so lonely when I'm with them and I feel so lonely every day...

• Hugs
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I don't really have a dream life as there's nothing that even the best humans have that would make me want to live. My only dream is to be permanently non existent

Reactions: thewalkingdread, pthnrdnojvsc and floralheaddress
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
death

Reactions: divinemistress36, thewalkingdread, cherry_berry and 1 other person
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
that's incredibly similar to me...I can't relate to my coworkers, can't make new friends and I am a foreigner. The only actual friend I have is back home...

I know I am extremely lonely and I was proactive and tried to make local friends but there's never a person similar to me in any way... All my friends were always men, I had one girl friend in my life that was similar to me and I lost her. She was my best friend, the only one I ever had...

The new "friends" just see me as an accessory to bring along, it's all so superficial and meaningless. I forced myself to go out and go with their plans but it's not me. I feel so lonely when I'm with them and I feel so lonely every day...
I'm sorry. I would never be brave enough to take on the challenge of moving to another country. I had a landlady from Iran years ago who struggled with loneliness after she moved to the US. Do you live in a city? I met people through her and meetup groups, which she suggested to me.

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
Moving to the Montanan wilderness, or really any nice looking place in the Pacific Northwest, having a couple of friends and fishing/playing board games. No stress, not a lot of people, quiet, serene, etc. It's what I want the most.

Reactions: new2blue and Celerity
U

until death

maybe it's time to say goodbye
Dec 12, 2023
A life with my dead baby

• Hugs
Reactions: thewalkingdread
Specific_Milk

Specific_Milk

Student
Aug 28, 2022
My dream is not with life, but with death. I don't want anything to do with this world

Reactions: Fractal, thewalkingdread, ijustwishtodie and 1 other person
AnxietyHangover

AnxietyHangover

Global Moderator
Aug 20, 2022
A life where I am with the love of my life. But I know it's just a dream.

• Hugs
kunikuzushi

kunikuzushi

sause
Jan 24, 2023
No more dreams because even if I get the perfect life with everything I want, it will be taken away from me in the end.

Reactions: thewalkingdread
nembutal

nembutal

everything will be okay in the end
Jul 14, 2022
100lbs and my boyfriend back. bringing in a decent income without putting too much energy in (30-40k).

HollowDrop

HollowDrop

ah
Oct 4, 2023
In my dream life I wouldn't be so mentally ill and traumatized. I could actually enjoy life without feeling ashamed and bad all the time. I miss the time when my mind didn't constantly scream at me and turn me against myself, it's rendering it extremely difficult to maintain social contacts/friends.
In my dream life, I would be sane without the dark echoes of my mind tormenting me every day. Without them making me cry over the smallest things.

Reactions: BrainShower
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Really, all I can think of are short term solutions. I'd find life more bearable if I could earn enough money from my freelance creative job. That would solve everything short term for me.

Long term though? It gets complicated. I don't want to get old and ill. I don't want to watch everyone around me get old and ill- so- a world without illness and pain would be good. But then- there's death. How can I have loving, happy relationships with someone but then, not miss them deeply when they die? I can't- so- death is a necessity. Plus- the world isn't big enough for us all to last forever so- it turns out that even fantasy worlds are impractical.

Say the world had enough resources to support infinite life. There's still the problem of individual choice. Maybe some people will still want out. How do you stop those around them missing them? You get rid of negative emotions? But then- would we really appreciate our positive emotions without the contrast? I guess we'd know no different but it's kind of hard to imagine a perfect world in a way. We'd have to be more simple creatures I think. I feel like we're programmed to need challenge- to need strife. Like in the film 'The Matrix', 1999: '...as a species, human beings define their reality through suffering and misery.' Sometimes, I wonder if that's true. Ever played a game in sandbox mode where you can create or explore with no challenge- no chance of danger or failure? Did you get bored with it? Maybe- as we are- we'd get bored with a 'perfect' world but then, it's hard to imagine not being human.

• Aww..
Reactions: thewalkingdread and SoulCage
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case I just wish to eternally cease existing, I only dream of an eternal sleep free from the burden that is having the ability to exist. I only see eternal nothingness as being desirable, I certainly don't see any value in being conscious and aware, existence in itself is very unnecessary to me. I just find it comforting to think of no longer existing, I don't get why anyone would even wish for existence in the first place when the state of eternal nothingness is perfection.

Reactions: thewalkingdread and ijustwishtodie
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i want to be free from this craziness of life to have freedom to really live without repression or restraint for one thing i would need to be a far more intelligent machine and a lot less fragile without all the shortcomings of the human machine like the inevitable decline of the machine through aging also without ever needing to be loved to feel happy with life since finding true love is very problematic, i would need an environment that is constructive to learning all about mathematics and the components that make up the environment we live in, i wonder want it takes to get a life really worth living in this place i wouldn't want to exist unless i get to create things with mathematics via programming computers since everything just comes down to mathematics apart from emotion chemicals and consciousness i know the environment is real and it's not just all a simulation but it certainly behaves like a system, i would want a environment that is designed for learning because of free will I clearly understand that my thoughts and decisions have some certain cause, they are just the inevitable consequence of the knowledge my brain accumulated during my life and physical properties of the brain. I didn't choose how my brain works, and I didn't choose the environment which gives me the knowledge about the reality. My choice doesn't appear out of nowhere; whenever I try to choose something, I already have to rely on some previously obtained knowledge and hope that my brain will be able to produce a good decision. These conditions are initially pre-determined without my will or consent. it would be great to be a machine that is able to self repair when damaged, also life would be great if we could live for as long as we wanted to without ever needing to work to survive, also to go on improving the machine you are with enhanced cognitive ability like being able to understand pure binary machine code or other spoken languages i just want to live in a place where i am safe and well to work without ever dying unless i choose too.

Reactions: SoulCage
K

kane9191kosugi

Sep 20, 2023
Just straight up not existing. Simple as that. No concept of life or death.

Reactions: Fractal, thewalkingdread, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
G

grumixamas

Dec 25, 2023
Rich, living with my parents and near my friends.

The Schizoid

The Schizoid

Specialist
Oct 24, 2023
Just freedom from internal mental health issues and having enough to get by

That's all. All my problems are internal. I dont' need anything but inner peace.

• Hugs
Reactions: new2blue and Celerity