Evil Always Prevail
Sep 25, 2022
98335CD1 34CE 42F2 8B6C 2F9F7081D14A
I don't understand what boomer means in this context / expression

GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
He is using "boomer" figuratively, not implying that he is literally old enough to fit the baby boomer generation, but using the word "boomer" to describe someone holding onto a severely outdated set of beliefs, characteristic of a person that is a part of the baby boomer generation. I believe by "no boomer shit" he is trying to say "it's not like I have an outdated view on technology, but". But says it in a way someone brain-damaged by too much Internet from an early age would.

Reactions: eldiablo666
E

eldiablo666

Evil Always Prevail
Sep 25, 2022
He is using "boomer" figuratively, not implying that he is literally old enough to fit the baby boomer generation, but using the word "boomer" to describe someone holding onto a severely outdated set of beliefs, characteristic of a person that is a part of the baby boomer generation. I believe by "no boomer shit" he is trying to say "it's not like I have an outdated view on technology, but". But says it in a way someone brain-damaged by too much Internet from an early age would.
Thank you!
Is it autistic to not understand this?
After the explanation I still have a hard time understanding this sentence

After second read I understand what you're saying now.

Last edited:
Reactions: jodes2
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I think he's just saying "Not to be an old man about it, but".

Many things are potentially autistic, but not necessarily indicative of autism. If someone can't read between the lines, it might mean they're autistic, but it might also mean nothing. I wouldn't diagnose yourself on the basis of a meme.

Reactions: eldiablo666 and GrumpyFrog
E

eldiablo666

Evil Always Prevail
Sep 25, 2022
I think he's just saying "Not to be an old man about it, but".

Many things are potentially autistic, but not necessarily indicative of autism. If someone can't read between the lines, it might mean they're autistic, but it might also mean nothing. I wouldn't diagnose yourself on the basis of a meme.
I have been doing a evaluation based on autism and the doctors said I didn't have it. It was also ADHD ADD, but I had none of it.
Only a personality disorder.

Thanks

Reactions: jodes2
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
Thank you!
Is it autistic to not understand this?
After the explanation I still have a hard time understanding this sentence

After second read I understand what you're saying now.
I don't think that it would be "autistic" to not understand this sentence. I think anyone who doesn't spend a lot of time on social media might struggle to understand the lingo.

Reactions: eldiablo666
E

eldiablo666

Evil Always Prevail
Sep 25, 2022
It's actually scary how true it is .

Think of the problems next generation are gonna have with getting an iPad from age 1

• Aww..
Reactions: theboy