nottinghams

nottinghams

Official Written Apology for Being a Buzzkill
Apr 15, 2024
i 'failed' ctb using an opiate via IM

I want IV because its 100% bioavailability. I was worried, but googling it, it looks doable.

I watched some videos and I cam up with a list of mats I need to buy
butterfly needle/cannula
0.9 saline
tourniquets
surgical tape
transparent film dressings
or I can buy an IV start kit

apparently its not enough to just stick a needle in your arm. you need a cannula
I thought watching youtube videos on how to use a cannula on yourself was enough to teach me but now I am worried.

A very kind user posted on one of my threads their setup. they use a propofol. 3 syringes in a 'gravity-fed injection system.' they talked about flow rate. they also talked about an infusion set with injection port making things easier.
you can see their post on my IV kits thread.

their system is very complicated, and they use a different drug, but I'm terrified, do I need that system too? or are the Youtube video basics I have enough? Failing would not be good this time. I need to be sure.
Thankss.

soontofindpeace

soontofindpeace

goodness, I can't wait to get out of here.
Sep 16, 2024
i 'failed' ctb using an opiate via IM

I want IV because its 100% bioavailability. I was worried, but googling it, it looks doable.

I watched some videos and I cam up with a list of mats I need to buy
butterfly needle/cannula
0.9 saline
tourniquets
surgical tape
transparent film dressings
or I can buy an IV start kit

apparently its not enough to just stick a needle in your arm. you need a cannula
I thought watching youtube videos on how to use a cannula on yourself was enough to teach me but now I am worried.

A very kind user posted on one of my threads their setup. they use a propofol. 3 syringes in a 'gravity-fed injection system.' they talked about flow rate. they also talked about an infusion set with injection port making things easier.
you can see their post on my IV kits thread.

their system is very complicated, and they use a different drug, but I'm terrified, do I need that system too? or are the Youtube video basics I have enough? Failing would not be good this time. I need to be sure.
Thankss.
Why not try something less complicated or a method with more accessible information? For example, an exit bag is fairly simple or can be due to the large amount of info pertaining to it.

Unless you have working medical knowledge or have someone experience guiding you, I too would be terrified.

Upvote 0