• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
For me it was first learning to understand what is going on(the hard part) then accepting it and working out a plan to move forward understanding that it will require work and won't be steady

SpiderLink

SpiderLink

they/them
Apr 3, 2023
For me it was first learning to understand what is going on(the hard part) then accepting it and working out a plan to move forward understanding that it will require work and won't be steady
Hm ok

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
I know that all sounds shit, and for me when I would hear things like "it's all in your head" and "just push on through" it would be so angering and frustrating because I was trying so hard and getting nowhere. Sorry I don't really know what else to say that isn't patronising.

Marine

Marine

Make love win against fear šŸ¤
Jul 5, 2020
Do you have specific examples if that's not too intrusive ?

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Do you have specific examples if that's not too intrusive ?
I'm quite happy to outline my personal circumstances if it helps. Obviously everybody will be different and what works for me may not work for others but I believe the principles are right.
Recently I was in a really bad state with chronic pain, practically bed ridden and suicidal (actually made several attempts) I couldn't even make a facebook post. I had tried everything, drugs, physical therapy, diet changes, the lot.
I then met a health professional who suggested trying body scanning. I had a go and it seemed to help, this lead me down a big rabbit hole of how in some long term cases our brains are reinforcing the pain and creating tension in the body sometimes refered to as TMS or the Mind body connection. I've been working on this slowly the past month and learning more and have been gradually making big improvement managing my pain.
Like I said everyone will be different and I think for many it will be about addressing past traumas or triggers, understanding what's going on and finding out what helps them making steps.

Last edited:
Marine

Marine

Make love win against fear šŸ¤
Jul 5, 2020
I'm quite happy to outline my personal circumstances if it helps. Obviously everybody will be different and what works for me may not work for others but I believe the principles are right.
Recently I was in a really bad state with chronic pain, practically bed ridden and suicidal (actually made several attempts) I couldn't even make a facebook post. I had tried everything, drugs, physical therapy, diet changes, the lot.
I then met a health professional who suggested trying body scanning. I had a go and it seemed to help, this lead me down a big rabbit hole of how in some long term cases our brains are reinforcing the pain and creating tension in the body sometimes refered to as TMS or the Mind body connection. I've been working on this slowly the past month and learning more and have been gradually making big improvement managing my pain.
Like I said everyone will be different and I think for many it will be about addressing past traumas or triggers, understanding what's going on and finding out what helps them making steps.
It's great it helped you.

Body scanning never did anything for me but probably because I have dysphoria and trauma and my needs are different and my situation more complex, more related to limiting beliefs about myself and traumatic emotions / coping mechanisms, I'm still looking for a long term solution, but I find this meditation relaxing and inspiring :

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
It's great it helped you.

Body scanning never did anything for me but probably because I have dysphoria and trauma and my needs are different and my situation more complex, more related to limiting beliefs about myself and traumatic emotions / coping mechanisms, I'm still looking for a long term solution, but I find this meditation relaxing and inspiring :

I think the body scanning helped me because I had extreme physical manifestions of pain but it hasn't been a magic bullet in the least. If anything it has been more of a stepping stone than anything else to move onto other areas and explore ways to deal with my anxiety and repressed emotions.
Hopefully you will find some awnsers, I think in some case we have to just keep trying something, if that doesn't work then try something else and on and on. I guess it can be exhaustung and why people find it so difficult. Best wishes

Reactions: Marine
bellinda

bellinda

May 29, 2023
Recovery is a nonlinear messy process that differs for everyone. For some, recovery is found through improving their lifestyle, getting their life back on track, and succeeding. For others, they find recovery through medication with therapy. Some people will find recovery through hope, whether it's escaping a shitty household or finding a partner that cares about their wellbeing. There is no singular recovery process. But most importantly: you need a reason to want to recover, you need motivation. You can't recover if you don't want to.

Personally, I'm getting therapy (currently delayed because my psychologist says we can't do therapy until I get my ADHD and depression/bipolar under control), I'm seeking psychiatrists that specialize with drug addiction (second time), I have amazing supportive friends, I just left a shitty 5 year relationship that was holding me back, focusing a lot on lifestyle, healthier eating habits, breathing techniques, sleeping 8 hours a night, etc. Wasn't easy to get here. But things will get better.

edit: I'm just tryna be hopeful

SpiderLink

SpiderLink

they/them
Apr 3, 2023
Recovery is a nonlinear messy process that differs for everyone. For some, recovery is found through improving their lifestyle, getting their life back on track, and succeeding. For others, they find recovery through medication with therapy. Some people will find recovery through hope, whether it's escaping a shitty household or finding a partner that cares about their wellbeing. There is no singular recovery process. But most importantly: you need a reason to want to recover, you need motivation. You can't recover if you don't want to.

Personally, I'm getting therapy (currently delayed because my psychologist says we can't do therapy until I get my ADHD and depression/bipolar under control), I'm seeking psychiatrists that specialize with drug addiction (second time), I have amazing supportive friends, I just left a shitty 5 year relationship that was holding me back, focusing a lot on lifestyle, healthier eating habits, breathing techniques, sleeping 8 hours a night, etc. Wasn't easy to get here. But things will get better.

edit: I'm just tryna be hopeful
Thanks! I also have ADHD as well

Remeer

Remeer

-
Mar 8, 2023
it is about forgiving to transcend what you suffer for, and by forgiving I mean understanding and respecting yourself, accepting that and letting it go
Of course, it is easy to read, but it is an individual process without external guidance, you are your only guide, the rest of us can only reflect certain things about you so that you realize those aspects
greetings