D

draw a circle

out.
Apr 10, 2020
Just a silly little thought. Being lazy and having fun all day is definitely my current comfort zone. Trying to do my work and graduate is probably out of it. However, isn't attempting suicide also out of my comfort zone? I don't have a point with this, i just can't help but giggle every time someone said to "try something new" and "go out of your comfort zone". I'm like, hey, I've never attempted suicide before though, so technically... *shrugs*

Tbh this is just me trying to find an excuse to keep being lazy. I want to tell people like hey, at least I'm alive though, what do you want more? I feel like i wouldn't be taken seriously if i don't actually try to kill myself, but maybe that's just me being too hard on myself. Anyway, lately i don't feel that depressed, but the need to die still creeps closer. I have just over a week left on this month.

• Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive_ and Tomoko
Off The Air

Off The Air

Human
Nov 1, 2018
Sometimes getting out of your comfort zone is essential for advancing in life. Sometimes we're forced out of our comfort zone and it does more harm than good. Going to college when you'd rather work the same dead end job youre comfortable at and Going to the grocery store when you'd rather not leave the house are examples. Being sent to prison and losing your freedom and Getting fired from your job are others. It depends on the circumstances. Getting out of your comfort zone isn't necessarily a bad thing, and is often times a part of life, but doing that too much can effect your happiness, at least in my experience. And being forced into leaving your comfort zone is detrimental to your health and well being. Attempting suicide is definitely one of those things that is out of MY comfort zone, just as it is for you. I still think about it and death often, no matter how my life is going. The intensity of the feeling of wanting to die just increases depending on how things in my life are going.
I kind of lost where I was going with this lol but don't be afraid to get out of your comfort zone if it means bettering your life and increasing prospects and happiness. Suicide is out of the comfort zone too, but it's up to you to decide if that would be a positive thing to YOU or not. Everyone has the right to die if they so wish to escape the pain of life. Personally I think of suicide as a last resort for if nothing else works out. It's comforting to know that the option is always available at least once. Wishing you well ✌️

Reactions: draw a circle and NasiGoreng
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
It means subjecting yourself to unpleasant experiences for the pleasure of novelty.

Good for anhedonics until your comfort zone expands so much that nothing feels novel anymore.

Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt and draw a circle
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think it means doing things you are not comfortable doing and you do not feel relaxed doing them. Most activities are out of my comfort zone as pretty much everything tends to stress me out. I would rather stay in my comfort zone which is pretty much just barely doing anything. It does not take much to make me feel worse than I already do.
Attempting suicide is out of my comfort zone because of the SI, us humans are programmed to survive.

Reactions: draw a circle
D

draw a circle

out.
Apr 10, 2020
I heard of the phrase "widening your comfort zone" instead of getting out of it and i kind of like it. Not that i have the motivation to do anything new. Since i know i can just commit die, my thought process always ends there. It's bad for me, but it couldn't affect me if I'm dead... You get it, that sort of things.

Dropping out of college and finding a job with a shitty high school diploma is definitely out of my comfort zone, y'know? Sometimes i just want to do that and see where i can go. I can't drop out bc I'm so close to graduating, but i don't want to compile documents and present my shitty thesis to my profs only to fail and have to try again. Mostly bc i barely have any chances to try again, i have like until the end of the year... It's just so easy to think about dying. It's just shitty bc on the other hand, I'm still 22, i can perfectly drop out and start over again. My best friend changed course after 2 years and he's going to get his master's overseas, and here i am contemplating suicide. Maybe if i started over i could be like him. I don't even want to go to college overseas or whatever, i just want a fucking reset... I literally just wanted to study foreign languages, how did it become like this? Shouldn't have fucking went out of my comfort zone...

UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
What is this comfort you're speaking of and where is this zone located?
Immidiate answer pops to mind. Will diregard because it's too slippery of a slope. Move on...

N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
Till few minutes getting out of comfort zone was like giving out moral and relationships for what i wanted, some business related. Now i know it's not worth it, so there is only comfort zone ahead for me.
Anyway being lazy is stupid. It's not bad when you can afford it, but it's very very expensive. Not only in money, but in spent time too. Better go out and have fun, then watch tv or something combined wit bad food.

BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Getting out of your comfort zone is when you try to do things that make you uncomfortable or scared. Uh, in terms of suicide, practicing could be getting out of your comfort zone. Becoming comfortable with the act.

Reactions: draw a circle and Callie Arcale