• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

cali22

cali22

Student
Nov 11, 2023
Title

Reactions: AbusedInnocent, Ruru-chan2 and IBM0000
I

IBM0000

Oct 10, 2023
Well. To be happy is when you feel good, I suppose. Whether that be for something good you did or something good someone else made. Personally, it makes me feel good to watch wholesome and kind-hearted people do good things. I guess I try to do good things as well but there's not much good someone like me can do.
...Really, good people are being replaced by bad people. Unfortunately.

Reactions: Blurry_Buildings
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
When your brain makes dopamine and serotonin . Mine doesnt so not sure

Reactions: IBM0000
NeedAnEscape

NeedAnEscape

awaiting the end
Oct 16, 2023
To be happy means to be fulfilled. It can occur in small or large ways. A simple flavor can bring about a burst of dopamine that signals 'happiness,' along with something far more massive like a wedding. These moments, no matter how small or large, indicate that we have found satisfaction in some aspect of life or within ourselves.

Reactions: Forever Sleep and divinemistress36
Abandoned Character

Abandoned Character

(he./him)
Mar 24, 2023
Happiness to me is obvious when I am spending time with people I love. Happiness is when, for a split momet, I hear the punchline of a joke and laugh. Speaking psychologically, the adjacent emotion, joy, comes when my identity and ego are not at the forefront of my thought. When I forget about myself as an individaul, I cease to particularly worry about the things that affect me. It's almost like I take a backseat to all the operations, watching my mind and body operate with less mental inhibition.

• Love
Reactions: executioner1983
Havnis

Havnis

XXXX'ed out 🌲🌲🌲🌲
May 15, 2024
Happiness to me is when I express affection to the girl I love

I

IBM0000

Oct 10, 2023
When your brain makes dopamine and serotonin . Mine doesnt so not sure
Yes! That is very true, my explanation feels null to your approach. But what do you mean you physically can't feel happiness? Is that like a symptom of actual physical depression or...uh, dont wanna be rude but exaggeartion..?

Reactions: divinemistress36
A_good_username

A_good_username

Making lemons out of lemonade
Jun 5, 2023
To be ok with the state you are in right now without feeling the need to change your current situation,at least that's what it is to me.

Reactions: cali22
R

RURIRA

May 30, 2024
When your mind wasn't clouded with suicidal thoughts? At least I haven't felt like that for a long time.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020

• Love
Reactions: Abandoned Character and cali22
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Reactions: leavingthesoultrap and AbusedInnocent
shantyizlit

shantyizlit

Really, what was the point?
Jul 7, 2023
to be happy is just entirely to be, unfettered by anything else.

Ruru-chan2

Ruru-chan2

I only exist online
Mar 27, 2024
rly good question! I don't have an answer either

AbusedInnocent

AbusedInnocent

Apr 5, 2024
Happiness is having a sufficiently large proportion of your desires fulfilled, that threshold probably varies between people though.

You could also say happiness is the absence of suffering.

Very controversial and subjective matter really.

lamargue

lamargue

Jun 5, 2024
it is both gamble and collective delusion. each individual tries to maximize their own payoffs by interacting with people who believe in the same delusion; there are certain independent variables, so-called confounders, which incur bonuses and penalties with behaviour which does not conform to their internal schema. to invest in building a relationship with another person who has the same intention produces an optimal outcome, whereas investing into a relationship with someone who is opposed to this will often bottom out in terms of its utility. though the modicum for this belief consists in reading social queues and weighing ones own happiness. but the logic of independent wants makes this more of a game than a natural prerogative: most people act according to instinct, and consequently find it far too tiresome to frame relationships within a logical framework

but i think most people are somewhat conscious of what provides them pleasure and what does not

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
"Happiness lies trapped in misery."

executioner1983

executioner1983

death is sustainable
Oct 2, 2023
It's to feel pleasure, which can be a good thing, but not when its the single most important goal in your life. I think that's where people go a little bit wrong. Pursuing pleasure should not be at the forefront of your mind all the time(if you want to live a satisfying life). In fact nothing at all should be at the forefront of your mind. Be empty, be still, feel nothing, feel everything. Pain and every other emotion are just as valuable as pleasure. Letting yourself enjoy every feeling without worrying about whether or not you feel happy/how you are going to achieve happiness is how you truly live, not just exist.