R

reichan66

Mar 13, 2020
I feel stupid for asking this but has anyone ever been in a coma and did you feel anything? Like if your heart, lungs and other organs start to fail, even though you might not feel pain, do you feel anything? What's being in a coma like?

Reactions: sadghost, Deleted member 18655 and Hollow Point
Hollow Point

Hollow Point

A̵l̷w̷a̷y̸s̷ ̷t̸i̸r̵e̸d̶
Mar 24, 2020
It's like you're dead. I had a cousin that was in a medically indused coma for like a month I think, and when he woke up, it was like a blink of a eye for him since he went to the hospital. Like imagine going to bed at night, and then waking up a month later. That's what coma is.

Other accounts of people say they saw a bright light or they lived their whole life again...who really knows what happens. It's either the same for all of us, or different for all of us.

Reactions: Lilmeowssi, FriendofDeath and sadghost
Acerakis

Acerakis

Carer
Jun 5, 2020
Can't say I have ever heard of anyone enjoying the experience at least.

BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
This one user did AMA about it a few days ago. He said it was basically like he ceased to exist. Didnt remember anything after he lost consciousness
I was never comatose but I too have just a black void between drowning in the river and coming to, dont remember how I was rescued or anything. Just a big nothing and then someone is screaming and slapping me repeatedly

Reactions: sadghost and Yomyom
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Can't say I have ever heard of anyone enjoying the experience at least.

I did. I was in a hypercapnic coma having a wonderful time - it was like a film festival inside my head. I don't remember being taken to the hospital but I remember a lot of the hallucinations very vividly. They were beautiful.

• Wow
Reactions: Libracusp_1022, Deleted member 18655, AnxietyAttack44 and 7 others
E

ERASED

Student
May 17, 2020
I feel stupid for asking this but has anyone ever been in a coma and did you feel anything? Like if your heart, lungs and other organs start to fail, even though you might not feel pain, do you feel anything? What's being in a coma like?
I was in an medically induced coma and I didn't feel anything. I was in an out sometimes. Meaning I woke up but went straight back under and I do remember some of the waking up but once under couldn't recall anything.

D

Desi

Student
Aug 16, 2019
My dad spent months in the coma when he was a kid, following an accident. Funny I never thought about asking him. He does'nt like to talk about it, that's probably why.

Reactions: ERASED
Merith

Merith

Oct 24, 2019
Blink of an eye. I wish I never woke up from mine.

Reactions: Metalhead, Str1der and ERASED
W

WhatIsMyLife

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
Plenty of /r/askreddit threads about being in a coma.

Reactions: autumnal
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
I haven't been in one, but I don't see any logical reason why it'd be unpleasant, unless you're having bad dreams. Like @BridgeJumper1994 mentioned, there was a dedicated thread and AMA. Maybe check that out

Reactions: ERASED
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
Husband was in coma for a year, he said he never had so much fun but didnt know a year passed. He had interesting dreams and isnt easily scared of creepy dreams so he was good with it. He was happy to wake up, but said it wasnt so bad either. He didnt even know.

He also didnt feel a thing. 0 pain

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Libracusp_1022, Deleted member 18655, Soul and 3 others
R

reichan66

Mar 13, 2020
Husband was in coma for a year, he said he never had so much fun but didnt know a year passed. He had interesting dreams and isnt easily scared of creepy dreams so he was good with it. He was happy to wake up, but said it wasnt so bad either. He didnt even know.

He also didnt feel a thing. 0 pain

Thank you so much. I'm trying to extrapolate what ODing on N would feel like. My biggest fear is somehow it's not enough and I'm stuck in a comatose state while experiencing my body shutting down or something

Reactions: The Lonely and AnxietyAttack44
D

Darksektori

Experienced
Jun 8, 2020
I don't know I've never been in Coma before

A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
Thank you so much. I'm trying to extrapolate what ODing on N would feel like. My biggest fear is somehow it's not enough and I'm stuck in a comatose state while experiencing my body shutting down or something
I dont think you will feel or know anything as you fall asleep, its popular peacefull method for that reason. Good luck

Reactions: Deleted member 14386 and reichan66
D

Deleted member 14386

I am not advising anything
Jan 28, 2020
was the guy in a coma me? Coz I was and did post about it, not meaning to throw shade on anyone else who has lol, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I think if you search "3 day coma ama" mine should come up
if not I found it, probably not me you were referring to since this was feb but still an account:
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/hi-i-died-for-3-days-technical-coma-6bpm-hr-ama.32992/