catalepsy

catalepsy

Student
Sep 4, 2020
Depends how much you have. If you're in the middle between buzzed and a blackout, your movement feels sloppy and you become an idiot for a couple of hours who is liable to say and do incredibly embarrassing and foolish things that you'll surely regret later.

Honestly, if you haven't started then I wouldn't personally recommend it. If I could take back all the bringe drinking that I've ever done, I would. Especially the times when liquor was involved. I feel nauseous just thinking about it...
If you regret something you do while you're drunk/buzzed, you're not being honest with yourself while you're sober.

• Love
Reactions: GravityUtilizer
U

unfortunatelyme

Sep 13, 2020
im a big advocate of drinking, im drinking as i write this, it makes me feel happier i become funny and confidnet and ok with my meat suit. but you have to pace yourself, as the others have said hangovers are a bitch, my advice is DRINK WATER the whole time and dont drink on an empty stomach. if you are thinkking about drinking alot like blackout drunk make sure youre with people you can trust( especially if youre a female). the next day DRINK LOTS OF WATER and youll be ok.

weed is life. but the effets are different for everyone, i have friends who get super anxious and paranoid to the point that they dont smoke anymore, for others its very relaxing. its like floating, everything tastes better music is better you see things differently and its just beautiful, i highly recommend.

there is this brief momment when smoking cigarettes where you feel the nicotine in your head and you get this lil high and all the other ones you light up youre looking for that fleeting moment, and it is also calming. when you're a smoker you'll always have something to do.

ps, use everything in moderation. try not to be too dependent on it

edit pps i have one rule dont not drink alcohol and smoke weed, it has never turnt well for me, smoke and then drink!!!!!

happy 21st, they say the odd years are the best ones i hope this will be a good day and year for you

Last edited:
Reactions: everydayiloveyou and Gerard de Nerval
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
I'm turning 21 in a couple of days. I've never been under the influence of anything ever. I don't even get sleepy when I take NyQuil, which is like the closest I've ever gotten to drugs.

My parents never smoked or drank around me either, not even socially, but they used to do it when they were young of course. Because of them, I used to think that being straight edge was normal, but now that I'm older, it seems like all people ever do is smoke and drink. Even my old school friends do it, they just never talked about it with me. NEETs and random little old people at my job tend to have some drug of choice too. It makes me feel like a weirdo honestly, so i guess it's about time I try it. Then I can have something to talk about with people at least.

I don't think I can get really drunk because I will only have a chance to try it with my parents around, but I hear being "buzzed"/"tipsy" is what most people do anyways, and it isn't as scary as full drunkedness. Do people become totally different when drinking? It's just baffling to me how everything seems to change with just a glass of beer or whatever. I've read about people with severe social anxiety becoming outgoing and normal once they start drinking which just sounds ridiculous to me. Is the influence really that dramatic or is everyone just pretending that it's nicer than it actually is?

Also any info about weed and cigarettes and other stuff would be cool too, I know tons of people at work who do these things, but it'd be weird of me to ask them these specific questions so thats why I'm asking on SS haha
Too much ,too often , of any of that is no good. Find a balance .A happy medium .
But don't even try one cigarette. Leave those alone.
If alcohol makes you a nice ,happy friendly drunk from time to time.....that's a bonus. But if it makes you nasty/violent/morose...don't bother. It isn't worth it then.
Happy experimenting !

Reactions: everydayiloveyou
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
If you regret something you do while you're drunk/buzzed, you're not being honest with yourself while you're sober.

Sometimes what you do drunk can carry permanent consequences as well.

Reactions: Skathon
catalepsy

catalepsy

Student
Sep 4, 2020
Sometimes what you do drunk can carry permanent consequences as well.
Anything you do drunk is something you would like to do sober, but are too timid/fearful/socially anxious. I usually drink a bit before confronting a partner/breaking up a relationship because I probably wouldn't do it sober. I also use it for going off on employers prior to quitting a job.

Gerard de Nerval

Gerard de Nerval

Ontologist
Oct 5, 2020
One of the greatest writers through one of his greatest characters says everything you need to know about a kylix of Dionysian vintage!

I would you had but the wit: 'twere better than
your dukedom. Good faith, this same young sober-
blooded boy doth not love me; nor a man cannot make
him laugh; but that's no marvel, he drinks no wine.
There's never none of these demure boys come to any
proof; for thin drink doth so over-cool their blood,
and making many fish-meals, that they fall into a
kind of male green-sickness; and then when they
marry, they get wenches: they are generally fools
and cowards; which some of us should be too, but for
inflammation. A good sherris sack hath a two-fold
operation in it. It ascends me into the brain;
dries me there all the foolish and dull and curdy
vapours which environ it; makes it apprehensive,
quick, forgetive, full of nimble fiery and
delectable shapes, which, delivered o'er to the
voice, the tongue, which is the birth, becomes
excellent wit. The second property of your
excellent sherris is, the warming of the blood;
which, before cold and settled, left the liver
white and pale, which is the badge of pusillanimity
and cowardice; but the sherris warms it and makes
it course from the inwards to the parts extreme:
it illumineth the face, which as a beacon gives
warning to all the rest of this little kingdom,
man, to arm; and then the vital commoners and
inland petty spirits muster me all to their captain,
the heart, who, great and puffed up with this
retinue, doth any deed of courage; and this valour
comes of sherris. So that skill in the weapon is
nothing without sack, for that sets it a-work; and
learning a mere hoard of gold kept by a devil, till
sack commences it and sets it in act and use.
Hereof comes it that Prince Harry is valiant; for
the cold blood he did naturally inherit of his
father, he hath, like lean, sterile and bare land,
manured, husbanded and tilled with excellent
endeavour of drinking good and good store of fertile
sherris, that he is become very hot and valiant. If
I had a thousand sons, the first humane principle I
would teach them should be, to forswear thin
potations and to addict themselves to sack.

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Anything you do drunk is something you would like to do sober, but are too timid/fearful/socially anxious. I usually drink a bit before confronting a partner/breaking up a relationship because I probably wouldn't do it sober. I also use it for going off on employers prior to quitting a job.

Yes but that doesn't mean it's good. One could get into a fight with a police officer and then get charged with aggravated assault or one could drive when they're under the influence and kill others. There are many such situations that alcohol can bring more trouble than what it's worth.

The point is is that losing control is not a good thing and binge drinking leads to that.

Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
Right now it feels like fucking hatred.

Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
It melts my social anxiety away.
People on several occasions say that I'm "normal" when I drink.

Pro tips:
Eat before going out drinking,
Breath out after doing a shot.
Drink water after every few drinks and a bunch before going to sleep.
If the room is spinning when you get in bed, dangle one foot off the bed.

Reactions: everydayiloveyou and Homecoming
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
It melts my social anxiety away.
People on several occasions say that I'm "normal" when I drink.

Pro tips:
Eat before going out drinking,
Breath out after doing a shot.
Drink water after every few drinks and a bunch before going to sleep.
If the room is spinning when you get in bed, dangle one foot off the bed.

What's also important to mention is that you need to hydrate BEFORE the hangover as drinking water after the fact can intensify them. Still, it's better to be more hungover than dehydrated.

Reactions: Homecoming
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
I'd tell you if I at least remembered.

honestly, it sucks, i'm the vent kind of drunk and always ends up talking about trauma. always get wasted and feel like complete trash on the day after. done some major fucked up things I'd never considered when sober, you name it: drugs, sex, self-harm and smaller crimes. I always somehow end up severely hurt, broke my glasses more then once, broke a finger, got large cuts on the legs and arm and so it goes.

if you can't do it with moderation, just don't. I mean it. smoke weed, it's way better.

btw i kind of envy you, my parents are sort of like yours, but I'm 21 and did pretty nasty stuff since 13.

Last edited:
Cant Maintain

Cant Maintain

Garbage Fire
Aug 21, 2020
feels like nauseating, wobbling, self confidence to me, and I can't stand it unless I'm at my wits end or trying to kill anxiety for social purposes or blasted on white

Reactions: Homecoming
MrBigSad

MrBigSad

Experienced
Sep 30, 2020
The only way you will ever know about the feeling is experiencing it for yourself.

ocd is bad

ocd is bad

-
Jun 26, 2020
I don't really drink but since you also asked about cigarettes here's my experience with them: they taste ok, obviously very addictive and get expensive so I would say stay away from them. For me the draw for them was that they were something to do. I don't have much to look forward in life so it was a thing I'd reward myself with, like "if I get my homework done tonight I'll smoke a little after". So it was mostly done out of boredom. I stopped smoking because it made me smell awful and I didn't want other people to breathe in my smoke. E-cigs don't do it for me. Overall, don't smoke.

Reactions: everydayiloveyou
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
For me being drunk is okay for the first hour (happy hour) and then it is just an angry-depressed feeling. Then the next day hangover is just hell on earth. Don't fool yourselves. Alcohol is a depressing poison.

Last edited:
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
There are other ways to ruin your life - I would advise against alcohol being one of them.

As for how my first time being drunk felt, I was at home and watched a movie. I became so dizzy that my sight started spinning, which made the TV repeatedly move diagonally from upper right to the lower left of my vision. I couldn't focus my vision on anything.

This was two and a half years ago, and today, I barely feel anything when drinking, but I still have a headache when waking up the next day, and I barely remember what I did the night before. I have almost quit, though, and I wish that I had never started.