Mar 31, 2024
We need more love

• Love
Reactions: moshimoshi
Jiyuurakka

Jiyuurakka

Discontinued Existence
Mar 22, 2024
I think it's interesting that so many people come up with a number of analogies to compare their life with. Maybe Bill Hicks' world allowed him to afford such a lighthearted perspective on life, and that was the only perspective he could ever entertain about the world. Perhaps if he walked the streets of war torn Syria, saw the crimes against humanity committed in both Israel and Palestine, experienced how exploitative modern society is to the average person, he would have changed his mind. But he didn't need to, because he knew, or atleast pretended as if he knew by making such a wide encompassing statement about life. Why? Because he has to, according to him. His act has a point and always meant something to him.

The things he did say were valuable though, he was well-intentioned. If he truly meant his words about love and the sorts, I'm sure he meant no offense by calling life a ride. Although, it can be very reductive when commentating about life using an analogy, that's just how analogies are🤕

Reactions: sserafim, Ambivalent1 and houseofleaves
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
I think it's interesting that so many people come up with a number of analogies to compare their life with. Maybe Bill Hicks' world allowed him to afford such a lighthearted perspective on life, and that was the only perspective he could ever entertain about the world. Perhaps if he walked the streets of war torn Syria, saw the crimes against humanity committed in both Israel and Palestine, experienced how exploitative modern society is to the average person, he would have changed his mind. But he didn't need to, because he knew, or atleast pretended as if he knew by making such a wide encompassing statement about life. Why? Because he has to, according to him. His act has a point and always meant something to him.

The things he did say were valuable though, he was well-intentioned. If he truly meant his words about love and the sorts, I'm sure he meant no offense by calling life a ride. Although, it can be very reductive when commentating about life using an analogy, that's just how analogies are🤕
He was a good man with a plan to overthrow Afghanistan and Iran.

• Yay!
Reactions: Jiyuurakka