• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

justanotherperson

justanotherperson

-
Apr 9, 2020
Just wondering what people's opinions are on it. Do you think it's a good method?

Reactions: TheGoodGuy
watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
Just wondering what people's opinions are on it. Do you think it's a good method?
I think whats terrifying is time slowing down while you're falling and making you have second thoughts

Reactions: justanotherperson and TheGoodGuy
M

MissKatrina

Experienced
Apr 6, 2020
This was my second choice. I'm not fond of it because of onlookers and messy remains and the hassle for recovery peeps. SN is a lot cleaner in that sense.

Reactions: justanotherperson
D

Desky

May 15, 2020
Be really intoxicated and over 6 stories high..

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Yes it gets the job done painlessly from a decent height the only bad thing as @watereyes already said that it must be terrifying as you are falling and I am sure almost everyone will have second thoughts while mid air but don´t let this fool you this is just SI that kicked in nothing else.

And for those people in interviews saying they survived it I will go out on a limb and say they were only temporarily depressed and suicidal because they talk so much about how they regretted it as they jumped but are happy to have survived, a person who has been having suicidal thoughts and depression since their early teens doesn´t get cured by a failed attempt they are just pro-lifers who temporarily went through a bad phase.

Reactions: justanotherperson, idontevenknowanymore and Mooshi
M

MyStateKilledMe

Arcanist
Apr 23, 2020
There are too many physics factors to take into account. What structure are you jumping from? How high is it? Is there anything that can increase the starting speed. What's at the bottom? (concrete, grass, water, or jagged rocks) Which body part will hit the ground first? You might recognize this high school math problem. I don't know if anybody will find it useful, but it does help with calculations and such.

You might recognized this quadratic equation from high school.
h = At^2 + Bt + C

h is the total height from the ground in ft (US) or m (metric)
A is the Earth's gravity acceleration, always -16 ft/s^2 or -4.9 m/s^2
B is the starting velocity (ft/s or m/s) negative if actively thrown downward, but usually 0 for jumping CTB
C is the starting height (ft or m)
t is time in seconds

A lot of skydivers jump out of the airplane backwards, so they're not seeing the height as they jump. It ties into the "don't look down!" cliche told to mountain climbers. Also, the human body can survive falling from as high as 10 stores; the odds are low, but not zero. Just saying.

Last edited:
Werewolf

Werewolf

Without shelter
May 12, 2020
Not particularly keen on the idea but jump from a high enough structure and success is guaranteed.
I would assume it's also pretty much painless, if you exclude the possible psychological and emotional terror whilst falling.

Someone also has to clean up the gruesome aftermath, but I suppose that's the case no matter which method one chooses. Albeit a clean body in a bed is preferable to a pile of meat on the sidewalk.

Reactions: justanotherperson
GoBack

GoBack

Paragon
Apr 25, 2020
I could jump to the sea from a cliff but not into concrete. My legs would not physically let me do it. Into the sea though , the idea makes me feel calm

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I nearly jumped, off a bridge would have been into water, Standing on the edge I had no fear, No rush to want to get back to safe land, I just felt pure freedom, it was beautifully surreal

S

Slow85

Feb 29, 2020
I nearly jumped, off a bridge would have been into water, Standing on the edge I had no fear, No rush to want to get back to safe land, I just felt pure freedom, it was beautifully surreal

This for me too... I did feel it when I was tackled to the floor by a police officer though

lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
I suppose after a certain height like 200ft on concrete. It sounds a good method. You can always close your eyes and jump.

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
This for me too... I did feel it when I was tackled to the floor by a police officer though

For me it was a family member and a negotiator but yea I know what you mean!