Dizzy_Dreams

Dizzy_Dreams

I’m never alone, I’m alone all the time.
Jun 25, 2020
Do you think it would be scary? Abusive? Do you think it's a better option than suicide for most?

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I'm sure that this is different for everyone, and some people may not find it as terrible.

But I can't picture a worst nightmare, living in a mental hospital is something that I want to avoid at all cost. Just the thought of taking brain damaging drugs against my will while being kept alive for as long as possible terrifies me, it's just inhumane and gives me an uncanny feeling to know that there are people being treated like this.

Reactions: clueless2dayor2morro, Serenity, Buffy5120 and 1 other person
LivingDeadGirl

LivingDeadGirl

Sep 4, 2020
It depends on where you are. I've lived in several. Most recent was a state facility and it honestly wasnt that bad except for the expectation to "fix" me. I got to work, do some crazy art and crafts, horseback riding, free time outside, shopping, trips to the mall. It wasn't bad at all, except that I knew when I got out the world would be the same and I wouldnt fit into it. Sure enough, when I got out, society was even crueler.
Let me also state that I've been in some where I was thrown in padded rooms, tied down and sedated.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Serenity, Buffy5120 and _Minsk
Dizzy_Dreams

Dizzy_Dreams

I’m never alone, I’m alone all the time.
Jun 25, 2020
It depends on where you are. I've lived in several. Most recent was a state facility and it honestly wasnt that bad except for the expectation to "fix" me. I got to work, do some crazy art and crafts, horseback riding, free time outside, shopping, trips to the mall. It wasn't bad at all, except that I knew when I got out the world would be the same and I wouldnt fit into it. Sure enough, when I got out, society was even crueler.
Let me also state that I've been in some where I was thrown in padded rooms, tied down and sedated.

did you do anything to make them tie you down or sedate you?

LivingDeadGirl

LivingDeadGirl

Sep 4, 2020
basically told em to fuck off, wasn't a great place to be and many fought w staff so a lot of us ended up like that

LivingDeadGirl

LivingDeadGirl

Sep 4, 2020
i was also a self harmer w suicidal tendancies so was high risk which put me on their radar much quicker
are you considering inpatient?
I should also mention that there were a ton of people who wanted to help, who spent there time listening to me and actually cared. A lot of people tried hard to help me, I just didn't want it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buffy5120
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020

Who pays for this?

LivingDeadGirl

LivingDeadGirl

Sep 4, 2020
Who pays for this?
for me the state
Im not saying hospitalization is a horrible thing. I've been locked up about a dozen or more times in the past 2 decades. Some people in these places really do care and want to help. Some of my experiences have made me view the world differently and feel things I never thought possible. So if that's something your looking for its a good start. I'm no longer looking for that so my ideas on life are different.

Last edited:
Reactions: rt1989526
watsonsmith

watsonsmith

Aug 31, 2020
I would consider it as a last resort. Depending on the facilities provided, and in my case there were hardly any, the stay resembles a prison with mandatory medication. But I would meet quite a few people who voluntarily admitted themselves, because you get fed, have a place to stay and most importantly can take a break from reality. The problem is that reality is still there when you get out and without appropriate psychotherapy, which was lacking in all my stays, you come out in pretty much the same state as you came in.

I must admit there are of course people who benefit from such stays, but I think the longer it is the more institutionalised you become and the harder it becomes to reintegrate.

Reactions: clueless2dayor2morro and LivingDeadGirl