• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
On their website it says:

"For legal reasons, everyone who comes for a VAD at Pegasos must have someone known to them who is able to confirm the patient's identity after VAD (by co-signing a paper together with the MD) for the Swiss authorities.

If you do not have a family member or friend willing or able to come with you to Pegasos, we can suggest alternate arrangements after your VAD application has been approved."

So what is it? If you don't have someone who can come with, they'll definitely have an alternative solution?

I can't bring anyone with me because in th UK they will arrest the person for murder and put them in prison. They put a 70 year old woman in prison for 3 years for accompanying her husband to Dignitas. I wonder how they find out.

Reactions: sserafim
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Have you been approved?

Reactions: jodes2
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
How much deposit did you have to pay?

Good luck 🤞

• Love
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I only had to pay 100 CFH to get access to the private are and start filling out all the forms and gathering paperwork. The next payment is the big one and I'm not ready for that yet, I need my family to be on board because I can't afford it myself. I'm getting there though, they're warming up to it, knowing that the alternative is a more grizzly death by CTB

Reactions: sserafim, Disappointered, Euthanza and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
That shocked me so much that your accompanying family member could be jailed. Is it really true that they have prosecuted someone? Do you know the details? I was so incensed that I tried to look myself. Couldn't find the details but came across this- I've quoted the relevant passage after the link:

'Under the 1961 Suicide Act anybody who helps them can face a jail sentence of up to 14 years.
As yet nobody has nobody has been jailed but Jane says the law is not the only barrier to what she believes is a basic human right.'

I truly hope no-one has been convicted but I agree- it is another worry. I just don't see how they could say your relative 'assisted'- complied maybe but it's not like the relative has anything to do with the lethal part of the process. Surely, the doctors who support the process are 'assisting' more- not saying they should be punished either- the whole thing is disgusting.

Maybe Pegasos have information regarding this. They must receive clients from the UK. I'm sure they would go through the other options with you if you raised your concerns. Good luck.

• Love
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
That shocked me so much that your accompanying family member could be jailed. Is it really true that they have prosecuted someone? Do you know the details? I was so incensed that I tried to look myself. Couldn't find the details but came across this- I've quoted the relevant passage after the link:

'Under the 1961 Suicide Act anybody who helps them can face a jail sentence of up to 14 years.
As yet nobody has nobody has been jailed but Jane says the law is not the only barrier to what she believes is a basic human right.'

I truly hope no-one has been convicted but I agree- it is another worry. I just don't see how they could say your relative 'assisted'- complied maybe but it's not like the relative has anything to do with the lethal part of the process. Surely, the doctors who support the process are 'assisting' more- not saying they should be punished either- the whole thing is disgusting.

Maybe Pegasos have information regarding this. They must receive clients from the UK. I'm sure they would go through the other options with you if you raised your concerns. Good luck.
I don't have a source, my gf told me about it, she reads a lot of news like that on Facebook. She's adamant that I'd be getting my dad in serious trouble if I ask him to accompany me. I won't hear the end of it if I ask him to go, best case scenario. Thanks for that link

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I don't have a source, my gf told me about it, she reads a lot of news like that on Facebook. She's adamant that I'd be getting my dad in serious trouble if I ask him to accompany me. I won't hear the end of it if I ask him to go, best case scenario. Thanks for that link
Honestly, I just don't know the true facts. It utterly horrifies me that we would even need to worry about something like this. I kind of think there would be public outcry if they truly jailed a 70 year old woman for accompanying her spouse but the world is so screwed up. I hope Pegasos can advise you.

• Love
Reactions: Disappointered and jodes2
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
nestly, I just don't know the true facts. It utterly horrifies me that we would even need to worry about something like this. I kind of think there would be public outcry if they truly jailed a 70 year old woman for accompanying her spouse but the world is so screwed up. I hope Pegasos can advise you.
Thank you

Reactions: Forever Sleep
whitefeather

whitefeather

Thank the gods for Death
Apr 23, 2020

"For legal reasons, everyone who comes for a VAD at Pegasos must have someone known to them who is able to confirm the patient's identity after VAD (by co-signing a paper together with the MD) for the Swiss authorities.

If you do not have a family member or friend willing or able to come with you to Pegasos, we can suggest alternate arrangements after your VAD application has been approved."

So what is it? If you don't have someone who can come with, they'll definitely have an alternative solution?

I can't bring anyone with me because in th UK they will arrest the person for murder and put them in prison. They put a 70 year old woman in prison for 3 years for accompanying her husband to Dignitas. I wonder how they find out.
Yes, just ask Pegasos to arrange someone to "Identify" you after death

• Love
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
My problem with those associations is all the medical reports they supposedly ask for, i suffer from a disability but i don't have several medical reports.

Reactions: Disappointered
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
Yes, just ask Pegasos to arrange someone to "Identify" you after death
Pegasos told me I'd have to contact Exit International to arrange someone. And it's not cheap. Exit only provide this "service" to life-time members. Pegasos is connected to Exit International and Exit profits from people going there.
My problem with those associations is all the medical reports they supposedly ask for, i suffer from a disability but i don't have several medical reports.
Yep. Pegasos ask for medical reports.

• Wow
Reactions: Lily (Osako) and jodes2
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
sos told me I'd have to contact Exit International to arrange someone. And it's not cheap. Exit only provide this "service" to life-time members. Pegasos is connected to Exit International and Exit profits from people going there. Yep. Pegasos ask for medical reports.
Fuck. Does that mean I need to be over 50 to have someone arranged by them to accompany me to identify me after passing? The Pegasos website just isn't clear enough

Hollowillow

Hollowillow

I want throat hugs & anime! Can't use chat pm me
Aug 7, 2022
Bureaucracy makes me wish I was dead, can't they just kill us.

• Aww..
Reactions: rationaltake and jodes2
rationaltake

rationaltake

Sep 28, 2021
Fuck. Does that mean I need to be over 50 to have someone arranged by them to accompany me to identify me after passing? The Pegasos website just isn't clear enough
Why not email Pegasos and ask them? Maybe they have other options?

Last edited:
C

cfcfcfcf

Aug 24, 2022
They put a 70 year old woman in prison for 3 years for accompanying her husband to Dignitas. I wonder how they find out.
How HORRIFIC!

Reactions: jodes2 and rationaltake
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Why not email Pegasos and ask them? Maybe they have other options?
I did. They told me i have to pay like 150$ and subscribe first but i think the worst part is apply to VAD and deposits.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim and jodes2
rationaltake

rationaltake

Sep 28, 2021
I did. They told me i have to pay like 150$ and subscribe first but i think the worst part is apply to VAD and deposits.
Yep. Sadly it all seems to be about money. But Pegasos is linked to Exit so that doesn't surprise me.

• Informative
Lily (Osako)

Lily (Osako)

Everything all at once
Jul 30, 2022
Yep. Sadly it all seems to be about money. But Pegasos is linked to Exit so that doesn't surprise me.
Holy crap! They have their hands in everything! That's insane. It's as if we can't die without their approval. Not much different than the government. The only difference is one you can pay to approve. This breaks my heart.

• Love
Reactions: rationaltake and jodes2
rationaltake

rationaltake

Sep 28, 2021
Holy crap! They have their hands in everything! That's insane. It's as if we can't die without their approval. Not much different than the government. The only difference is one you can pay to approve. This breaks my heart.
I know. That's how I feel about it.

Reactions: Lily (Osako) and jodes2
L

lemmein

Mar 14, 2023

If you have nobody to accompany you and identify your body, you can bring panoramic dental X-rays. You'll just have to pay Pegasos an extra 1200 Swiss Francs to be identified this way.

Otherwise, if you're a member of Exit International (an Australian organization) you can get one of their volunteers to come with you. However, it costs $1,500 (Australian) + the cost of travel and accommodations for that person. Fortunately, they have volunteers who live in Europe, so travel cost won't be TOO expensive.

Note: When you apply for VAD at Pegasos, you can choose to become a member at Pegasos or at Exit International. I chose the latter because the US-Australian dollar exchange rate is cheaper than the Swiss Franc. Plus, Exit International has a bunch of resources, including a member forum, webinars and a podcast.

Reactions: sserafim
B

bluebirds

Jun 15, 2023
If you have nobody to accompany you and identify your body, you can bring panoramic dental X-rays. You'll just have to pay Pegasos an extra 1200 Swiss Francs to be identified this way.

Otherwise, if you're a member of Exit International (an Australian organization) you can get one of their volunteers to come with you. However, it costs $1,500 (Australian) + the cost of travel and accommodations for that person. Fortunately, they have volunteers who live in Europe, so travel cost won't be TOO expensive.

Note: When you apply for VAD at Pegasos, you can choose to become a member at Pegasos or at Exit International. I chose the latter because the US-Australian dollar exchange rate is cheaper than the Swiss Franc. Plus, Exit International has a bunch of resources, including a member forum, webinars and a podcast.

what do you mean by " If you have nobody to accompany you and identify your body, you can bring panoramic dental X-rays " ???????
is panoramic dental x rays sufficient for pegasos for VAD to be approved?

@lemmein