Busticket

Busticket

Student
May 18, 2021
There is this philosophical/spiritual idea that basically everything that exists is god , and we are god differentiating itself and experiencing reality in infinite ways from being a tree to an ant to us.
I don't really believe in it because why would this god want to suffer so much?
From being an animal that is devoured to being us with all our mental and physical suffering.

Last edited:
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I don't really believe in it because why would this god want to suffer so much?
From being an animal that is devoured to being us with all our mental and physical suffering.

It's complicated. He's mostly a sadist, but he also enjoys a bit of masochism

happy art GIF

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't believe in that view as I don't believe in any God or any religion. As you said, this life is very cruel and unfair so why would this God make us suffer. I think as humans we are only here because of evolution, to procreate and keep the species going and there is no spiritual purpose/deeper meaning beyond that.

L

LetMeSleep4Ever

Oct 12, 2019
It's some sort of pantheism. It's an interesting philosophical and creative exercise. Almost feels like a Borgesian theme (of the writer Jorge Luis Borges). With his themes of many, perhaps even infinity, into one.

If I really believed it, it wouldn't change my stance on suicide, The god you could say is indifferent or perhaps completely sympathetic and understanding, or since god is everything and everyone, then is both good, bad, merciful, sadistic, etc A god with split personality? You could imagine it to have different variations of how it works out.

These are my thoughts on it anyway, a subject I haven't though about much. Sorry I'm not a philosopher, let alone even finished high school. Did take a few general classes in college, but didn't finish college either.

Last edited:
W

whatliesbeyond

Jun 12, 2021
I don't really believe in greater than man type of stuff. It's an interesting way of looking at life, but its not for me