P

Phoenix

Student
Feb 27, 2021
I'm a cutter. However it's just not fufuilling my 'needs' right now. I can't seem to always cut deep enough. I use a double edge razor blade which used to cut fairly deeply now it seems to just be scratching or leaving minor open cuts.

what do you use for deeper self harm?

Reactions: Skathon, lobster salad, Mellowness and 1 other person
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
A rope at the moment, cutting I don't do anymore I like to put the rope right around my neck and pull it hard and then yank it side to side so it makes a rope burn.

• Hugs
Reactions: nopointofliving
Mellowness

Mellowness

Feb 22, 2021
I'm also a cutter. Most of the time I use either a pocket knife or a blade from a sharpener. I prefer the blade of the sharpener, it's small (I can basically hide it anywher), but I can also cut deep enough with it if I push a lil harder.

Reactions: BandAddict
sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
yeah cutting it used to be a little blade i pulled out of a razor but now scalpels (i ordered them in the event i end up slashing my neck)

ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Wizard
Jan 22, 2021
A rope at the moment, cutting I don't do anymore I like to put the rope right around my neck and pull it hard and then yank it side to side so it makes a rope burn.
Please be really careful doing this. You could get into trouble easier than you think

Aeathelina

Aeathelina

Little Homeless Girl
Feb 5, 2020
A brand new box cutter. Used to use double sided razors but I needed to feel something more

BornBrief

BornBrief

Student
Dec 21, 2020
Alcohol... Food... If I'm upset I hit myself. I had to stop cutting a long time ago since it made me feel worse to have permanent scars on my body, especially if I was intimate with someone. Some people ignore them but others ask and it's super uncomfortable to address.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Depends on what you consider as self harm. Only 1 do I do optinionally and that's cutting. However during an episode I bash my head off stuff, scratch my neck until it bleeds and/or pinch myself until it leaves a nice indent (no blood). While the last 3 would also count as self harm, I'm not doing it optionally. I actually fear brain damage at this point I've hit my head so hard and on so many things I wish I'd stop.

ClairyFairy

ClairyFairy

Wizard
Jan 22, 2021
I feel so sad reading this. I do so many different types of self harming for different feelings and situations. I'm 40 years old and I still can't stop

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Just my thoughts are enough to act as a form of self harm. My mind is very overactive and there is no way to calm down. I have never gravitated towards an physical method though.

• Hugs
Reactions: nopointofliving and Fthis
elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
I use double edged razors too, I switch it out about every 4th time so I'm not using something too blunt