N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I never abused drugs. However I am bipolar and I have to say mania is way more easier to treat that depression. At least in my case. My brain is pretty chemically imbalanced. And currently I am agitated and pretty full of energy. It is hard to give me a break.

I take antipsychotics and the way they function as downers is essential for my mental stability.
I take an tricyclic antidepresssant. I think that is both an upper for the mood and a downer for sleeping better. It saved my sleeping schedule for some time.
Caffeine. I love my coffee. It is the sole pure upper I currently take.
Benzos and z-drugs they saved my ass in college so many times. But I am pretty scared to end as an addict. So far I could dodge it. Honestly the combination of a benzo and a sleeping z-pill can feel so amazing to my tormented soul. It is a shame that these medication are dangerous as fuck. Being dependent on them would be a death sentence for me.

The uppers barely had any effect on my depression. The pain could not be stopped. No medication helped substantially. So I try to ease the manic symptoms as good as possible to prevent another breakdown while dodging addiction which is pretty fucking difficult.

What do you prefer? I never smoked weed or something as psychoactive. By the way weed had a diametrical effect on people with psychosis. They become paranoid and psychotic. It is the opposite of relaxing how most average people imagine it.

Reactions: sserafim
ggetout33

ggetout33

Better to reign in hell...
Mar 3, 2023
I'm currently unmedicated and don't really do anything drug-wise, other than caffeine and alcohol on rare occasions. But I think I would benefit more from uppers. Inattentive ADD and Depression are a real bitch.

If you have any, I'd like some recommendations for OTC uppers since prescription ADD meds never helped me. I thought about antidepressants but never really bothered since I heard all the horrible side effects, and I knew I wasn't gonna be any different.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I never abused drugs. However I am bipolar and I have to say mania is way more easier to treat that depression. At least in my case. My brain is pretty chemically imbalanced. And currently I am agitated and pretty full of energy. It is hard to give me a break.

I take antipsychotics and the way they function as downers is essential for my mental stability.
I take an tricyclic antidepresssant. I think that is both an upper for the mood and a downer for sleeping better. It saved my sleeping schedule for some time.
Caffeine. I love my coffee. It is the sole pure upper I currently take.
Benzos and z-drugs they saved my ass in college so many times. But I am pretty scared to end as an addict. So far I could dodge it. Honestly the combination of a benzo and a sleeping z-pill can feel so amazing to my tormented soul. It is a shame that these medication are dangerous as fuck. Being dependent on them would be a death sentence for me.

The uppers barely had any effect on my depression. The pain could not be stopped. No medication helped substantially. So I try to ease the manic symptoms as good as possible to prevent another breakdown while dodging addiction which is pretty fucking difficult.

What do you prefer? I never smoked weed or something as psychoactive. By the way weed had a diametrical effect on people with psychosis. They become paranoid and psychotic. It is the opposite of relaxing how most average people imagine it.
Same, I love caffeine as well. I'm addicted to it and drink like 5 cups of coffee a day. I've never tried recreational drugs, I've only ever taken ADHD meds (ritalin and adderall), buspar, and propranolol. I don't drink and I don't smoke.

I don't really remember what being on buspar and propranolol felt like, as I stopped taking them more than 5 years ago. I felt like I should manage my anxiety myself instead of relying on medication to do so.

As for my ADHD meds, they just give my clarity and the ability to actually focus on something and get things done. I'm notoriously lazy and unproductive, and my executive function is shit. My meds give me to motivation to do things, and allow me to concentrate. It feels like my view of the world is blurry, and my meds sharpen it and allow me to see clearly. They also make me feel more relaxed. I'm not taking them now though…my ADHD is unmedicated lol, probs contributing to the fact why I'm a failure rn
I'm currently unmedicated and don't really do anything drug-wise, other than caffeine and alcohol on rare occasions. But I think I would benefit more from uppers. Inattentive ADD and Depression are a real bitch.

If you have any, I'd like some recommendations for OTC uppers since prescription ADD meds never helped me. I thought about antidepressants but never really bothered since I heard all the horrible side effects, and I knew I wasn't gonna be any different.
Ikr! AD(H)D is such a bitch. I hate my executive dysfunction and poor time management skills. I never even knew that some people didn't need to be taught how to manage time, they just instinctively knew. I wish I had this ability as well, it would make my life so much easier. For me, I just don't have this concept. I can't manage my time properly…and it sucks! Even with a planner I can't be productive.

Last edited:
Reactions: noname223