TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
I think that one of the verbs that I've used a lot in my life is ''to miss''. It can be a person, a thing or a phenomenon... In many cases it can't be reached anymore, which, of course, hurts. Especially when it comes to persons. It's as if everything's collapsing.

Anyways, at the moment I miss about 3 people that had a huge impact in my life + thunderstorms + the old internet.

Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, Crazy4u, ColorlessTrees and 5 others
Samsal112

Samsal112

Student
Dec 20, 2021
My little brother who passed last year. He was great at advice and felt very similar feelings to mine. It is believed he ctb but we're not really sure. I miss not feeling sick and having a functional body. I miss working out! I would give anything to be able to run, lift weights, or participate in the gym.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Crazy4u, Foresight, Arrow and 3 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Having a goal, being wanted, enjoying things.

Reactions: TheNorthernSilence, Crazy4u, ColorlessTrees and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
For me, I think to miss something you have to have it in the first place. For me there is not much to miss, my life has always been very empty. Not much ever makes me feel better. In a way I am glad about this as losing things can be devastating.
However maybe I do miss enjoying food, I now have to force myself to eat and it can be very tiring.

• Hugs
Reactions: Crazy4u, Life sucks, LastFlowers and 4 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I miss the past that was shit

• Aww..
Reactions: Charcoal Feathers, Crazy4u, seaweaves and 2 others
WoAiGou

WoAiGou

Stalinist
Dec 16, 2021
Life before depression, around the end of high school, things were okay for me then. I miss the days when my issues were centered around my future-career,education etc. now I have a degree, an okay job but not much else. Nostalgia is bittersweet.

• Hugs
Reactions: Crazy4u, seaweaves, miserableforever and 1 other person
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
the ability to enjoy/take interest in things. Or to have emotions in general. Fuck you anhedonia, yee fookin cunt.

Reactions: Hollowman, TheHatedOne, Crazy4u and 4 others
miserableforever

miserableforever

Arcanist
Oct 23, 2020
My old life, my kids being smaller, me having hopes and goals, more than 3 hours of sleep, feeling at ease, being able to smile sincerely.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheHatedOne, Unicornsrnot4dislife, Crazy4u and 1 other person
Catloaf

Catloaf

disabled • slowly withering away 🍂
Aug 14, 2021
Going for a walk without a pain flare up

• Hugs
Reactions: TheHatedOne, Crazy4u and seaweaves
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Snow, lots of snow. So peaceful.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheHatedOne and seaweaves
S

seaweaves

they/them
Oct 25, 2021
Today? Touch and shared spaces.

Pre-pandemic I'd have chances to see people about as regularly as I wanted, to hold hands with my friends, to visit people's pets, to embrace a slow hug goodbye etc. Ignoring romantic and sexual longings, just simple skin to skin contact, or even being near each other as a kind of shared touch (for those who have touch averse times, you know what I mean) is something I'm missing a lot today. I haven't seen any friends irl in about seven months now.

(Recently bought another weighted blanket to add to the stack. It's doing very little.)

Reactions: TheHatedOne and Foresight
Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
My BFF, future perspective, independence and my pets

• Hugs
Reactions: TheHatedOne and Crazy4u
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
I miss some old times and some people but everything that I miss is beyond retrieving during this life time

• Hugs
Reactions: TheHatedOne, Crazy4u and Arrow
Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
I miss having more free time

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: TheHatedOne, Crazy4u and Snake of Eden
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
For me, I think to miss something you have to have it in the first place. For me there is not much to miss, my life has always been very empty. Not much ever makes me feel better. In a way I am glad about this as losing things can be devastating.
However maybe I do miss enjoying food, I now have to force myself to eat and it can be very tiring.
Yea most of what I "miss" is what I've never been afforded in the first place.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie and TheHatedOne
dreadpirateroberts69

dreadpirateroberts69

RRREEEEEEE (she/her)
Nov 4, 2021
Intimacy and having hope for the future

• Hugs
Reactions: Foresight, TheHatedOne, Crazy4u and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I miss going to local Smash tournaments. I was never very good but they're always good places to congregate with other smash-playing friends. There were some going on around my area before but I never had time during the pandemic and now they've shut down again.

Reactions: TheHatedOne and ColorlessTrees
ColorlessTrees

ColorlessTrees

Stuck
Jan 4, 2022
Superficial of me, but being underweight, having a full head of hair, and clear skin. These things destroyed any shred of will to live because my priorities are so obviously in the wrong place.

But being able to force myself to do things I needed to despite my ailments. That's what I miss the most. Now I'm stuck with all shame and no improvement.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheHatedOne
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
To be quite honest, I dont really think I miss anything even with what I said earlier. My life sucked really bad and for the most from the start to this point. If I am to miss anything it would be a real good thing that I cant know of but could happen in the future. I want that. Fuck the past. It can go to hell for all I care

Reactions: TheHatedOne and markimobzzdeasui
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
I don't have the courage to tell you

• Hugs
Reactions: TheHatedOne and markimobzzdeasui
MeltedJello

MeltedJello

My brain is a liquid mess.
Aug 18, 2021
I miss this girl I used to be in a relationship with. We never became bf gf, but she just made me feel so loved. I really believed I was accepted for who I was. A shy, awkward, quiet, and nervous person with a lot of self hatred, but I was wrong. No one can like that. I just wished I never confessed in the place, because maybe we could've just became great friends, and I'd much rather prefer that. I also really miss those nice feelings, and her hugs too.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and TheHatedOne
Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
I miss one person in particular who cut me out of their life 5 years ago. I haven't forgiven them still, however, so it will stay put the way it is.

I also miss the life I had 10 years ago. Time is passing so quickly and I know time on this earth is only marked with pain, struggle, illness, poverty. I had the world in my hand back then. Just didn't know it because depression blinded me.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheHatedOne
markimobzzdeasui

markimobzzdeasui

Life is a cruel joke
Oct 24, 2021
The life that I never had. Can't remember any single entire month in my past where I wasn't tormented and traumatized.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: TheHatedOne and Crazy4u
U

Unicornsrnot4dislife

Not meant for this world…….
Nov 12, 2021
I miss the old me and my mum. If time machines were real

• Hugs
Reactions: LADY007 and TheHatedOne
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
My mother. I am going to visit her place of rest in a couple of months. I have a lovely wooden card and a flower bear which I will leave next to her little shrine. This will, perhaps, be the final time to visit because I plan on being scattered there soon myself.

Reactions: Foresight
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
I miss playing pokemon ruby in 2003/2004. I guess I just miss that age in general. It was like the height of my emotional development as a kid right before puberty set in and turned us into adults. I think 11 years old was my favorite age.

Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
Whenever you full the pull towards someone you miss, just take a very deep breath. It really helps. Then try to think of something else

Reactions: Sherri
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Miss being drug free, and not having to constantly keep a daily track of all those. It's draining my brain.

StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
My daughter, my father, happier times, peace in my life

• Love
Reactions: rationaltake